The Myth Of The 'take Care Thai Girl'

norrona

In answer to your question OP, I would say that my "Half Thai" Wife, takes very good care of me. I am of course not sure if this is her Thai side or English Side. Just today she bought me a bottle of wine, cooked a fab spagetti bolognaise and said I should increase the amount of time we have sex. Lets just say "Compliance".

I think women in general have become more caring, attentive and loving, while men have become more feminate, less aggressive and more tolerant of other peoples and less demanding.

A better world all around I think.

Edited by homeownership
  • Like 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid I can't comment until you learn to throw in a "courtesy comma", every now and again.... The run-on sentences make my head hurt.

learn? there, is, nothing, sadder, than, people, on, a, forum, picking, out, grammar, and punctuation, mistakes, is, there?

Is that courtieous enough?

utterly agreed on that. there are many english linguists in here.

Too many cunning linguists if you ask me.

• Like 2

I am afraid I can't comment until you learn to throw in a "courtesy comma", every now and again.... The run-on sentences make my head hurt.

learn? there, is, nothing, sadder, than, people, on, a, forum, picking, out, grammar, and punctuation, mistakes, is, there?

When a sentence runs on to full paragraph length, and the lack of proper resting and inflection points interferes with the relaying of basic content of the idea, then it is not "picking out grammar mistakes". Oh, and you spelled courteous wrong...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Women are women ,the world over some will love and cherish their husband ,some will see him as a meal ticket and some will treat him like sh-t, my wife(thai) and my previous English wife i am sure would have wiped my bum if i was to ill to do it as i would for them , its nothing to do with their race ,its called love.

Edited by thenervoussurgeon
  • Like 2

Women are women ,the world over some will love and cherish their husband ,some will see him as a meal ticket and some will treat him like sh-t, my wife(thai) and my previous English wife i am sure would have wiped my bum if i was to ill to do it as i would for them , its nothing to do with their race ,its called love.

Right. There seems to be a misconception that if a wife picks your nose, squeezes zits and digs wax out of an ear that it is some kind of love, which it isn't it's merely sharing a national pastime. As the surgeon says it has nothing at all to do with race and during my time in the health service both in UK and Canada, I have seen dedication and love from wives that is outstanding and would be hard to match anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

The only difference i noticed is that thai girls typically cant take care of them self even, let alone me

Spot on ---- once a Thai woman told me it was normal for Thai people to be sick from both ends, every 3 months approx. They seem to have almost zero knowledge of basic hygiene.

My current Thai wife cleans the wax out of my ears, wants to pop any zits, cut my toenails and shower me.

My former English wife never offered to help me with my personal grooming (and I never thought to ask).

I'm not sure this has any great meaning.

Just saying .....

As for the 'Thai wife' comment, once you have had a few wives, you need a label to differentiate between them, else it sort of gets confusing (but I admit I am getting on a bit and easily confused). I guess I could call them my white wife and my brown wife, but that seems a little racist. My tall wife and my short wife, not really helpful.

I know ...... my 150Kg wife and my 50Kg wife ..... that's the one!

Sheesh, can you expand on the 'once you've had a few wives" biggrin.png

Right. There seems to be a misconception that if a wife picks your nose, squeezes zits and digs wax out of an ear that it is some kind of love, ...........

Wait, they do what? blink.png

I've never been attracted to asian women,

but maybe i need to give them a better look thumbsup.gif

Right. There seems to be a misconception that if a wife picks your nose, squeezes zits and digs wax out of an ear that it is some kind of love, ...........

So you have zits and waxy ears? biggrin.png

In answer to your question OP, I would say that my "Half Thai" Wife, takes very good care of me. I am of course not sure if this is her Thai side or English Side. Just today she bought me a bottle of wine, cooked a fab spagetti bolognaise and said I should increase the amount of time we have sex. Lets just say "Compliance".

I think women in general have become more caring, attentive and loving, while men have become more feminate, less aggressive and more tolerant of other peoples and less demanding.

A better world all around I think.

Don't worry, a lot of men have that problem. tongue.png

So you have zits and waxy ears? biggrin.png

And that just my back i'm taking about sick.gif

My current Thai wife cleans the wax out of my ears, wants to pop any zits, cut my toenails and shower me.

That would be considered perfectly normal grooming behaviour if she was a Bonobo ....

I happen to like Bonobos - huiman behaviour is much closer to chimps, sadly - but I prefer to admire them from afar. Each to their own, I guess wink.png

Edited by MrWorldwide

The only difference i noticed is that thai girls typically cant take care of them self even, let alone me

Spot on ---- once a Thai woman told me it was normal for Thai people to be sick from both ends, every 3 months approx. They seem to have almost zero knowledge of basic hygiene.

Don't know where you pick up your women... 3 showers a day and brush teeth after every snack and every other standard hygiene measures have been (and are) what I encountered with every Thai woman I was with...

• Like 2

That would be considered perfectly normal grooming behaviour if she was a Bonobo ....

I happen to like Bonobos - huiman behaviour is much closer to chimps, sadly - but I prefer to admire them from afar. Each to their own, I guess wink.png

Simon Green, also known by his stage name Bonobo, is a British musician, producer and DJ.

Strange behaviour for him.huh.png

When a sentence runs on to full paragraph length, and the lack of proper resting and inflection points interferes with the relaying of basic content of the idea, then it is not "picking out grammar mistakes". Oh, and you spelled courteous wrong...thumbsup.gif

Post #19 is just for you thumbsup.gif

now bore off please unless you have some input on the topic...cheers

i think the OP has it backwards.

Any time i have heard the phrase "take care", it wasn't the girl who was expected to do it.

I agree, part of the reason for the post actually, a lot of my wifes thai friends that live here in UK are treated by their husbands as if they are their oldest daughter in terms of they get spoilt rotten, not monetary but these blokes are provider-taxi-sort out everything when they going somewhere and sort out everything when it all goes wrong!

Any time i have heard the phrase "take care", it wasn't the girl who was expected to do it.

I agree, part of the reason for the post actually, a lot of my wifes thai friends that live here in UK are treated by their husbands as if they are their oldest daughter in terms of they get spoilt rotten, not monetary but these blokes are provider-taxi-sort out everything when they going somewhere and sort out everything when it all goes wrong!

Sounds like a normal thing to give your wife transportation and help her with whatever problems she might have. And I thought we were talking about men being spoiled by their wives? Is it happy couples that bother you the most?

Sounds like a normal thing to give your wife transportation and help her with whatever problems she might have. And I thought we were talking about men being spoiled by their wives? Is it happy couples that bother you the most?

yes happy couples bother me, you got me there....

I don't mind giving the wife a lift somewhere but running them here there and everywhere...no thanks, I liken it a bit like letting a puppy pee on the kitchen floor and getting away with it, you allow it and next they will be crapping on it whilst you eat.

my observational comment was just that, a comment based on the other side of the OP.

Are you and your partner a happy couple....I think you are and you will bother me sad.png

Post #19 is just for you thumbsup.gif

now bore off please unless you have some input on the topic...cheers

No, no, I like it here - I'm thinking of picking out curtains and staying awhile. wai2.gif

• Like 1

i think you have missed the point.

It has nothing to do with the relative happiness of the couple.

the term (or verb as it is commonly used) is "take care" (not take care of) in Thai English is generally used in the same way as "to support" ie financially.

I have heard it used that way many times in my time here from all types of girl. It is a form of appropriated language that is often used even when it is Thai being spoken amongst Thai's.

I don't mind giving the wife a lift somewhere but running them here there and everywhere...no thanks, I liken it a bit like letting a puppy pee on the kitchen floor and getting away with it, you allow it and next they will be crapping on it whilst you eat.

my observational comment was just that, a comment based on the other side of the OP.

Are you and your partner a happy couple....I think you are and you will bother me sad.png

Being married is like house training a puppy. You should put that as your signature.

• Like 1

My mum ...... likended this story to the sad old fellas who go down the pub back home in the UK and tell all their mates how the missus is randy and can't leave him alone etc and he is getting it every night....

anyone else agree that this 'thai girl take care' thingy is just a myth and made up by fellas who want to convince themselves they are special?

I don't think it's a myth; it depends on the age gap and the income gap. If the wife is much younger, then the 'sad old fellas' are actually lucky, happy and content - they get something they'd never otherwise dream of getting from partners from their home country who would in all likelihood be of similar age and status to themselves with a greater degree of financial independence. If the wife is unemployed (housewife) then they are likely to act in ways which confirms the 'take-care' senario, as you put it.

If the Thai woman is of similar age to their foreign spouse and/or earns a similar or respectable salary then they are far less likely to conform to the stereotype; it boils down to socio-economics.

I don't think it's a myth; it depends on the age gap and the income gap. If the wife is much younger, then the 'sad old fellas' are actually lucky, happy and content - they get something they'd never otherwise dream of getting from partners from their home country who would in all likelihood be of similar age and status to themselves with a greater degree of financial independence. If the wife is unemployed (housewife) then they are likely to act in ways which confirms the 'take-care' senario, as you put it.

If the Thai woman is of similar age to their foreign spouse and/or earns a similar or respectable salary then they are far less likely to conform to the stereotype; it boils down to socio-economics.

Most 'housewives' in the west are not unemployed, they choose not to work. There is a difference.

I was married to one who 'chose not to work' despite having a good degree, and the ability to be employed at any time she chose.

She was a similar age to me, I never got anything I wanted from her (apart from a divorce).

Many of my friends were in similar situations. Should have returned her to her parents as 'faulty product' and asked for a refund.

• Like 1

Just popping by to see if the extended debate has bought some clarity to the OP ...

... Is it happy couples that bother you the most?

Are you and your partner a happy couple....I think you are and you will bother me
sad.png

... rolleyes.gif

Just popping by to see if the extended debate has bought some clarity to the OP ...

... Is it happy couples that bother you the most?

Are you and your partner a happy couple....I think you are and you will bother me
sad.png

... rolleyes.gif

David, quite apt you pop along. This thread was making me think about wandering clots...Hope yours is improving?

• Like 2