Can't Get To Cnn.com Without Proxy - True Xdsl.

indothai

Hi All,

I've been having problems getting to cnn.com for the past week or so using True xDSL, and have been told by True tech support to use True proxy (proxy.trueinternet.co.th). In the past, I never had to use any type of proxy to get anywhere. Can anyone share if they are experiencing the same problems?

Before contacting True, I actually thought that the problem was at my end, with the PC's, router, etc. The problem seems to be somewhat random, PC's had problem but Mac's did not.

I haven't had any problems...I just checked without using the True proxy. I'm on a True DOCSIS and usually use the proxy because it can help speed-wise with some sites like ThaiVisa. I don't know why, when surfing around the Forum pages my surfing on ThaiVisa is much faster with the proxy turned on. I can reach the ThaiVisa no problem with proxy turned off or on, but moving around ThaiVisa with the proxy tuned on is much faster for me and writing posts is much faster (your results may vary).

Now, back in late 2011 there were a couple of U.S. govt sites I could not reach unless I used the proxy or VPN...then after a few months that problem just went away. The other True proxy is "proxy.asianet.co.th". Use Port 8080 on either proxy.

When I was still in the States on a cable internet plan they also used a proxy...you didn't have to use it...it was just the cable company recommended using it since it would speed things up. And of course on occassions when the proxy server went down a person needed to turn off the proxy setting in order to reach the internet.

Also, keep in mind that if you decide to use the True proxy setting on your laptop/smartphone/tablet when using you home Wifi that you will need to turn off the proxy setting when using a mobile/3G connection or using a non-True Wifi connection like in a mall. If you don't you won't get an internet connection.

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems...I just checked without using the True proxy. I'm on a True DOCSIS and usually use the proxy because it can help speed-wise with some sites like ThaiVisa. I don't know why, when surfing around the Forum pages my surfing on ThaiVisa is much faster with the proxy turned on. I can reach the ThaiVisa no problem with proxy turned off or on, but moving around ThaiVisa with the proxy tuned on is much faster for me and writing posts is much faster (your results may vary).

Now, back in late 2011 there were a couple of U.S. govt sites I could not reach unless I used the proxy or VPN...then after a few months that problem just went away. The other True proxy is "proxy.asianet.co.th". Use Port 8080 on either proxy.

When I was still in the States on a cable internet plan they also used a proxy...you didn't have to use it...it was just the cable company recommended using it since it would speed things up. And of course on occassions when the proxy server went down a person needed to turn off the proxy setting in order to reach the internet.

Also, keep in mind that if you decide to use the True proxy setting on your laptop/smartphone/tablet when using you home Wifi that you will need to turn off the proxy setting when using a mobile/3G connection or using a non-True Wifi connection like in a mall. If you don't you won't get an internet connection.

Thanks for your input.

It's on and off with True. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I use a VPN almost everyday to get around their incompetency. Their proxy sometimes helps too, but then it's off again.

The only thing Thai ISPs seem to get right is faking the speed tests. That has never failed so far.

It's on and off with True. Sometimes works, sometimes not. I use a VPN almost everyday to get around their incompetency. Their proxy sometimes helps too, but then it's off again.

The only thing Thai ISPs seem to get right is faking the speed tests. That has never failed so far.

The Thai ISPs are not faking the speed tests; it's just the farang-written, Flash-based speed testing software like Speedtest.net that is easily fooled by in-country cache servers. Any ISP network in the world can easily fool flash-based speed testing software. Nothing wrong in a network having cache servers as it helps to speed-up the network, but Flash-based speed testing software is just easily fooled. Use Java-based speed testing software.

• Like 1