Immigration Arrest Greek Man Accused Of A Bank Robbery Back In His Native Country.

britmaveric

Immigration arrest Greek man accused of a bank robbery back in his native country.

A group of Immigration Police Officers arrested this man, Mr. Dimitrios Konipis aged 45 from Greece at the Central Park 5 Housing Estate in Soi Greenway in Jomtien at 6am on Thursday Morning after receiving information from the Greek Embassy concerning an outstanding arrest warrant for the man who has been accused of stealing the equivalent of 1 Million Baht during a bank robbery back in 2004 in his native country.

As you can see, Mr. Konipis fully cooperated with officers who then spent the morning verifying the information with the Greek authorities who confirmed this was indeed the man they were after. Mr. Konipis refused to speak about the case and we understand he is now in the hands of the Greek Authorities who will now send him back to Greece where he will have to answer for his alleged crimes.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 2nd March 2006

If you are going to commit a crime like this, at least make it worth the risks involved. Its like people who rob shops what the <deleted> is the point? Same if you are going to rob a bank at least ro more than 1 million baht, do your reasearch stake the place out, work out when there is going to bew a lot of money on site. What a plonker, he is now going to spend years in nick for 1 million baht :o

If you are going to commit a crime like this, at least make it worth the risks involved. Its like people who rob shops what the <deleted> is the point? Same if you are going to rob a bank at least ro more than 1 million baht, do your reasearch stake the place out, work out when there is going to bew a lot of money on site. What a plonker, he is now going to spend years in nick for 1 million baht :o

Agreed, and maybe he should have thought about using a fake passport or at least not using ATMs in pattaya, maybe go to bangkok to withdraw cash so interpol wont be snffing near.

More planing needed fellas...

So what would be your minimum take for a Bank robbery.

I dare say it would have to be a haul that would allow one to retire comfortably and not have to worry about dosh ever again.

Exactly, so i am 29 almost 30 :D So i reckon i have another 50 years to worry about, bank on 1 million baht a year so 50 mil plus a bit extra for unforseen circumstances :o

Agreed, and maybe he should have thought about using a fake passport or at least not using ATMs in pattaya, maybe go to bangkok to withdraw cash so interpol wont be snffing near.

I personally would travel to another country and then sneak across the border, secure a dodgy passport, move up country, find a nice country girl, get married and then retire peacefully out of sight :D

I personally would travel to another country and then sneak across the border, secure a dodgy passport, move up country, find a nice country girl, get married and then retire peacefully out of sight :o

Isn't that what the German fella did, who got arrested last week in Isaan.

I'm sure you'd get bored with this lifestyle. Why not set your sights a bit lower, say 10 million baht. Then you could pull off a heist every few years and keep your hand in.

I personally would travel to another country and then sneak across the border, secure a dodgy passport, move up country, find a nice country girl, get married and then retire peacefully out of sight :D

Isn't that what the German fella did, who got arrested last week in Isaan.

I'm sure you'd get bored with this lifestyle. Why not set your sights a bit lower, say 10 million baht. Then you could pull off a heist every few years and keep your hand in.

:o No you would do the 10 mil jobs to get the practice in for the big 50 mil job. Trouble is being 6"8 and 150kgs, not only cant i run very fast but more importantly no matter what desgise i wear, i will always stand out in a crowd and i think 1 night on crimestoppers would see me caught pretty quickly :D

Somebody said:

"I personally would travel to another country and then sneak across the border, secure a dodgy passport, move up country, find a nice country girl, get married and then retire peacefully out of sight."

This could be why, when I was just making polite conversation and asked a new-face farang in Udon where he was from, he looked all shifty and said "Err, Err, The South".

I got the impression that it would be bad manners for me to ask: "The South of where?".

I dare say it would have to be a haul that would allow one to retire comfortably and not have to worry about dosh ever again.

Exactly, so i am 29 almost 30 :D So i reckon i have another 50 years to worry about, bank on 1 million baht a year so 50 mil plus a bit extra for unforseen circumstances :o

Somebody has been thinking about this A LOT!!!!

:D

Robberys are getting so dated. People just get caught when it a large heist. 1 million baht isnt enough to keep you anywhere, you could get a loan for that tomorrow just walk in the bank not rob it.

It is also illegal now to discuss robbery, as in plan etc, you can get jail for it. So how much would you do a robbery for? lol

Madness...gone are the days of Ronnie Biggs. :o

Edited by lopburiguy

As a young man, I was once 'sounded out' as to whether I would drive a 'getaway' car for a bank robbery that was being planned.

(I spurned the approach. Never mind the rights and wrongs---idiots like them were bound to be caught. The police may not have big brains; but they do have SOME brains.)

But I was left feeling quite confused as to whether I should feel proud about what it said about my perceived driving ability, and my 'bottle', or insulted that they thought that I might be as thick, and bad, as them!!!

I wouldn't do it for less than 500 million...a man's life values more than that :D