Coca-Cola Drinking ' Linked To New Zealander's Death'

webfact

May I bore you folks with a personal experience that happened to me yesterday? It is on topic.

While driving to my home in a small village in Isaan yesterday, I stopped at the local mom and pop store just 100 meters from the house to pick up a couple of bottles of cola.

Bought them and took them home for later consumption. A couple of hours later I opened the first one and noticed it had an unusual smell but I tasted it anyway and drank about half of it. Setting it aside I did some manly chores around the house (i.e. sweeping, laundry, cooking dinner, washing dishes) and then returned to my cola..

I sniffed it again and...viola...I recognized the odor wafting from the bottle. It was cheap Thai whiskey.

Somebody, probably the shop owner's husband, had prepared himself a special cola and put it on ice for his evening drink. I had ended up with it.

This turned out to be a win, win situation. I did not get sick from it and I had a whiskey/coke for only 10 baht.

Going back to do some shopping there later today.

• Like 1

I'm sure she was otherwise a very healthy person right? Ate only salads and fat-free yogurt I bet. haha

No doubt. I used to run across so many fat unhealthy people that drank like 10 diet cokes or those nasty TABS a day. Always wanted to ask how that was working out for them. I think that fake bs sweetner must be highly addictive and things still wreck the body and physique.

Sometimes this type of addiction maybe due to some other psychological and/or physiological cause. We cannot question her intelligence without knowing all the facts. It is surprising that her family or her friends never managed to get her out of it in time.

So 10L of coke a day is not recommended? Good to know.

In other news, the sky is high and bears sh1t in the woods.

Remember it is coke sold in thailand... And a Thai doctors verdict- amazing Thailand the stories pile up like bricks!!!! Suggestion at the airport keep a box for farangs to keep their brains to collect on departure. Common Thailand Think

Is this comment related to the OP?

I fail to comprehend this blink.png

Edit: Did she buy the Coke from Thailand?

Edited by ravip

slightly off-topic, but how much msg will kill a person? I know trace amounts cause irritableness and headaches for some people (roughly 30% of farang). A couple years ago, there was a report of a young Dutch fellow who just arrived in Thailand. His 1st meal was with his Thai g.f. (I think she cooked it, and there may've been a Thai man at the scene). Several minutes after starting to eat, the Dutch fellow got sick and died. Highly doubtful whether there was any investigation.

I know this will sound strange, but this woman was quite possibly permanently dehydrated despite (and because of) the volume of coke drunk. Caffeine is a diuretic, and on one stupid occasion (hot day) when I drank too much of it (nowhere near 10 litres) I became quite ill - diagnosed as dehydration.