Water And Electricity Bills

JamieP

What are water and electricity bills usually called in Thai?

I moved to a new house at the start of the month and want to check with neighbours when to expect them.

Didn't sort out a mailbox till just now so hope I haven't missed them already.......

Thanks

Jamie

In this example Google Translate works !

Electricity bill ---- ค่าไฟฟ้า

Water bill --- ค่าน้ำประปา

Thanks!

Would ค่าน้ำ be used as well giving the tendency to drop as many words as possible?

Funny about Google since I do not trust it one iota....... :D

Edited by JamieP

In this example Google Translate works !

Electricity bill ---- ค่าไฟฟ้า

Water bill --- ค่าน้ำประปา

Thanks!

Would ค่าน้ำ be used as well giving the tendency to drop as many words as possible?

Funny about Google since I do not trust it one iota....... biggrin.png

ค่าน้ำ would also be sufficient of course, but better use ประปา also so they know what water you are talking about biggrin.png)

Most people around here just say ค่าไฟ when talking about the electricity payment. I'd probably just ask บิลค่าไฟและค่าน้ำมาแล้วหรือยัง followed by (จะ) มาเมื่อไร depending on the answer. Plenty of ways to ask for sure. Your way should work as well.

If you go with your reply, you should add บิล so it's clear you're talking to them about receiving a bill rather than money. Also over here we only have one water bill, so บิลค่าน้ำ wouldn't be confusing at all. So your example could be shortened to:

จะรับบิลค่าไฟและค่าน้ำเมื่อไหร่ ครับ

Regarding pronounciation, someone mentioned that google translate has a button that will read text to you, though I've never used it.

If you go with your reply, you should add บิล so it's clear you're talking to them about receiving a bill rather than money. Also over here we only have one water bill, so บิลค่าน้ำ wouldn't be confusing at all. So your example could be shortened to:

จะรับบิลค่าไฟและค่าน้ำเมื่อไหร่ ครับ

Regarding pronounciation, someone mentioned that google translate has a button that will read text to you, though I've never used it.

That button is brilliant!

Click on this "Google Translate" link and then hit the little speaker icon at the bottom of the Thai pane on the right.

http://translate.goo...mango . papaya