Calling To The Welsh Amongst Us In Los

daiwill60

Can any one suggest where a Welsh falang might find somewhere for a suitable get together for St David's day celebrations. I am in Rayong and know there are a few of us down hereabouts, but not made contact with any of them yet. Any suggestions in Bangkok or local vicinity welcomed .

Good health to all.

• Like 1

Google "St Davids in Bangkok" and you should find the home page of the St David's society of Bangkok.

They hold the Welsh Ball every year - will be on sat 9th this year, complete with male voice choir, Welsh comedian etc. - well worth a visit ! (even if you're not Welsh !!)

Yes I am on the committee of the St Davids Society of Bangkok and we are holding our annual Ball this year on the 9th March - private message me if you want some more information. We welcome all Welsh people to our society and have many friendly activities throughout the year culminating in the ball.

I'm a Yank, but my great, great grandfather on my grandmothers side was Welsh. Does that count?

• Like 1

Not many sheep in LOS so your options are rather limited I'm afraid.

There's always one with the oh so original old jibes, as per usual

daiwill60

I wouldn`t bother making any inquiries here, as you will mostly receive nonsense responses, and braindead remarks from the clowns.

Best to take sinom`s advice and do some online searches yourself.

Good luck and hope you enjoy St David's day.

Not many sheep in LOS so your options are rather limited I'm afraid.

There's always one with the oh so original old jibes, as per usual

daiwill60

I wouldn`t bother making any inquiries here, as you will mostly receive nonsense responses, and braindead remarks from the clowns.

Best to take sinom`s advice and do some online searches yourself.

Good luck and hope you enjoy St David's day.

Bit far to go but recon the Olde Bell in CM will be rocking on Mar 1st.

Will be back in Blighty then.... but have a good one...as above St Davids Day..

Yes I am on the committee of the St Davids Society of Bangkok and we are holding our annual Ball this year on the 9th March - private message me if you want some more information. We welcome all Welsh people to our society and have many friendly activities throughout the year culminating in the ball.

I'm a Yank, but my great, great grandfather on my grandmothers side was Welsh. Does that count?

Why not? That' sufficient lineage for the Irish and Scott's.

• Like 1

Go to a swimming pool dress the ladies in cloaks and tall black hats and drink Penderyn Single Malt Welsh Whisky.

Sorry last post of the night too many beers and too little sleep. Oh I could invite my ex dragon for extra authenticity?.

It would be like Rhyl sun center.

Edited by Scully

is this so u can all go to a bar together and speak welsh while ignoring anyone who speaks english just like in your parochial homeland

Only 20.8% of people in Wales can speak Welsh, so I don't think that will be the case.

Twll dîn pob Sais

Edited by Satcommlee

is this so u can all go to a bar together and speak welsh while ignoring anyone who speaks english just like in your parochial homeland

Hahaha, English Paranoia again. Do Thai, and for that matter, French Japanese, Italian, Swahili and Eskimoes etc people speak Englsh in their bars in their countries just to appease the odd English person that may happen to walk in expecting bitter beer and sausage egg and chips ???

• Like 1

Is that from personal experience, or just rumour?

Afraid to say but it has happened to me in some pubs in south west Wales.....and I'm Welsh (but have a london accent)

Hahaha, English Paranoia again. Do Thai, and for that matter, French Japanese, Italian, Swahili and Eskimoes etc people speak Englsh in their bars in their countries just to appease the odd English person that may happen to walk in expecting bitter beer and sausage egg and chips ???

Is that from personal experience, or just rumour?

hey I lived smack bang in the middle of Glyndwr country for 5 years and can testify that most of them were arrogant parochial down right unfriendly two faced oiks who were still talking about what Edward 1 did 700 years ago........even the schools in the vicinity insisted on teaching primary school kids in Welsh despite a large influx of English children into the area,the poor little buggers were even told off for speaking english during break time......a perfect example of how nationalism and racist policies are designed by bigots in the welsh assembly to hold back childrens education,even welsh speaking children would be held back studying in an archaic useless language while the rest of the UK is studying in english to compete in the global market.nothing wrong with studying the language as a subject within the curriculum but not for these zealots...some would fly the welsh flag in their gardens and come world cup time they would be supporting any team but England despite Wales not being in the competition.the Welsh are happy for the english to come to Wales on a Sunday and spend their money in the pubs and trinket shops as long as they go home when it gets dark

dont believe me then read this newspaper article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238472/Save-Wales-Welsh-Children-told-loo-ask-English-Architects-shunned-plans-arent-Welsh-ROGER-LEWIS-nutty-Welsh-Language-Society.html

Edited by HughJass
  • Like 1

No doubt you are one of these who complain that the Thais speak Thai as well.

• Like 1

pathetic answer by someone who no doubt thinks just like the people I am describing above

• Like 2

Typical response

pathetic answer by someone who no doubt thinks just like the people I am describing above

Pathetic? Why because its true. Get a Life!!

Ah you read the Daily Mail, that explains a lot!

Edited by Tafia