Tot Server Crash Wipes Out Thailand's Internet

george

Were you affected by TOT server crash?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have 6 ADSL services for an office in Laemchebang (Chonny) and they were all down for a solid 2 1/2 hour around midday after checking the logs. I also noticed that all the connections retained sync with the exchange and were all still able to ping the local gateway (being TOT) -- So I would have to think this is more of an upstream data problem which could also mean that it could be caused by TOT's upstream provider.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, my connection was down from before 6 a.m. to late afternoon in krabi, but now back to full speed and no problems. Such is life, minor inconvenience but can't complain as problems like this are rare and the TOT service / reliablity has greatly improved over the last year or so.

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

But maybe that is just wishful thinking

Or by keeping us up to date by using twitter for example ???

https://twitter.com/ISPStatusuk

Edited by MJCM

beatdeadhorse.gif All TOT subscribers can expect a rebate in their next bill for the inconvinience.

Not far fetched. A couple of months ago had problems in my area of Samui, they gave us 50% discount for the month. Went & seen them today, been told they are looking at a discount.

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

How would you read it, if you have no internet ??

How would you read it, if you have no internet ??

Phone with internet 3G / Edge ?

Or another provider ?????

Or Aircard ??????

Or ...

http://www.thaivisa..../#entry6117706\

or haven't heard of status messages by European Internet Providerers errrrrrrr

http://www.thaivisa....75#entry6118255

Edited by MJCM

This is why I have 2 phone lines and two internet services at the house - I didn't notice the outage at all. I have all my machines automatically switch to the working internet when one goes down. You can never tell how long an outage might be here.

4.30am till 4pm. [korat] compensation?

4.30am till 4pm. [korat] compensation?

Wish in one hand and piss in the other one and see which gets full 1st.

dont know if its standard policy but get like 30 Thb discount every month now

Good to know this country is not operating a nuclear power plant yet. But I don't think Mr. Propellerflopp gave up his dreams for good...

why have you made this about Thailand? ISPs have downtime around the world, remember the Blackberry outage in late 2011, that impacted millions of Blackberry users around the world, because a switch failed in Slough. Should the UK shut down it's nuclear power plants then?

Odd experience, some sites worked and some didn't for several hours, but like some others I have a back-up via a True (dongle). I've been with TOT a year (previously with True) and this is the first problem I've encountered. Overall, I think the service is fairly good.