Thai Airport Opens Premium Lane To Same - Sex Couples

Goldieinkathu

Well, I'd like to see a credible source for that one. I does sound like an April fool's article.

And while it may sound gay-friendly in the general press, this is not what we want. We don't want special treatment, we want equal treatment.

If there is a special lane for married couples, it should be open for same-sex as well as opposite-sex couples. No discrimination.

Well, I'd like to see a credible source for that one. I does sound like an April fool's article.

And while it may sound gay-friendly in the general press, this is not what we want. We don't want special treatment, we want equal treatment.

If there is a special lane for married couples, it should be open for same-sex as well as opposite-sex couples. No discrimination.

If you read the article, it is VERY clear the lane is open to ALL couples, gay and straight alike. I don't think this is a joke. It's just a tourism promotion. The VERY WELCOME thing is that same sex couples are just as welcome as the straight ones, as long of course as they BRING LOTS OF CASH!

If you read the article, it is VERY clear the lane is open to ALL couples, gay and straight alike. I don't think this is a joke. It's just a tourism promotion. The VERY WELCOME thing is that same sex couples are just as welcome as the straight ones, as long of course as they BRING LOTS OF CASH!

Yes, you're right, it says "all couples". I got side-tracked by the headline.

Anyway, I'd like to see a real article from a news source we can trust before I believe it. I have never even heard of a "couples' lane".

Here is the deal.

Fridae, which I consider a very credible source claims that TAT sent out a press release informing about the inclusion of same sex couples.

Did TAT only send that press release with that particular detail about same sex inclusion to gay media? That's hard to know.

Anyway, this isn't the Benghazi investigation. Word from Fridae works for me.

http://www.fridae.as...-airport-in-feb

Edited by Jingthing

For one month only and that has finished. Personally with no disrespect to gay people I would rather see them getting rid of the elitist gate and just improving service for everyone.

Not finished until FEBRUARY is finished. Just a silly little promotion that I doubt many people are using anyway. That TAT has included same sex couples is praiseworthy.

Here is the deal.

Fridae, which I consider a very credible source claims that TAT sent out a press release informing about the inclusion of same sex couples.

Did TAT only send that press release with that particular detail about same sex inclusion to gay media? That's hard to know.

Anyway, this isn't the Benghazi investigation. Word from Fridae works for me.

http://www.fridae.as...-airport-in-feb

I don't know Fridae so their word doesn't work for me, and I didn't see the announcement in the mainstream press. In other words, I don't know whether a "couples' lane" even exists, let alone allowing same-sex couples to join it.

Would you mind to share that apparently secret press release from TAT with us?

The special lane promotion exists. The Amazing Thailand Amazing Romance campaign exists.

http://www.tourismth...g-Romance--1229

OK, you don't know Fridae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fridae

Does the Chiang Rai Times work?

http://www.chiangrai...news/13406.html

BANGKOK – Same-sex couples visiting Thailand this month could be pleasantly surprised, as Bangkok’s main airport has opened up premium lanes to fast-track couples through immigration.

As part of a campaign by the country’s tourism board, Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi, New International Airport, is to contain premium lanes which will allow gay couples to skip queues at immigration.

Edited by Jingthing

Tourism Thailand is a credible source, but the link you posted doesn't seem to work over here. Anyway, I have googled and found more news sites that publish the couples' lane. All those that say it's open for gay couples source from AfterMarriage though. Including the Fridae article.

How credible is the AfterMarriage webblog?