Sewage Treatment.

glanville63

I see lots of ditches being dug along the roads in Pattaya and miles of concrete pipes being buried but dare I ask, where is all this stuff igoing. I can't imagine there's a sewage treatment plant hiding away somewhere in town. If the whole of Pattaya is being treated by ceptic tanks we are sitting on a festering mass and if it's being pumped out to sea, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Well, I know where all the $hit pumped from the "tanks" goes on Koh Chang, which is why I don't swim there anymore or eat crab.

Probably the same in Pattaya.

recycling...the natural cause of nature....you eat crabs and fish, you.......rest you can imagine......

"Yon HeijoshinCool has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much, such men are dangerous." (misquote: Shaky Bill.)

My old grand-dad used to grow exceedingly splendid tomatoes in his greenhouse, which he fertilized exclusively from the stinking pile of horse manure that he kept festering at the bottom of his garden.

I could never eat those tomatoes. Squeamish little thing that I undoubtedly was.

Eventually I stopped thinking too much and even enjoyed the beetroot he provided whilst knowing that he was in the habit of watering the plants with human urine. He was a true horny handed son of the soil.

Quote: "A bit of dirt never did anybody any harm." He never needed an antibiotic in his long life, that's for sure.

Seriously though, I should imagine that animals and plants are the most efficient re-cyclers that there is and that the stuff is adequately dealt with in the seas. The High Seas, that is, and not the seas washing up against the heavily populated beaches of Thailand .... and not just those of Pattaya.

Edited by Beechboy
  • Like 1

If you see concrete pipes being put in the ground they're storm drains. Sewage is never run through concrete pipes.

+1 (unless it's lined)

" I can't imagine there's a sewage treatment plant hiding away somewhere in town." the OP doesn't need a very good imagination because if he drove along the railway road he'd see a junction with a direction sign to the ewage treatment plant.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

When my house was built, the first thing the builders did was to put in a run of 36" or 48" concrete pipes infront of the plot. I thought these were to take the run off from my ceptic tanks.

Most villages do this. Concrete pipes take care of the overflow from your "septic" tank as well as rain water, grey water from your kitchen, etc. It then runs into the storm drains and out to our beautiful sea. Yuck.

"Yon HeijoshinCool has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much, such men are dangerous." (misquote: Shaky Bill.)

My old grand-dad used to grow exceedingly splendid tomatoes in his greenhouse, which he fertilized exclusively from the stinking pile of horse manure that he kept festering at the bottom of his garden.

I could never eat those tomatoes. Squeamish little thing that I undoubtedly was.

Eventually I stopped thinking too much and even enjoyed the beetroot he provided whilst knowing that he was in the habit of watering the plants with human urine. He was a true horny handed son of the soil.

Quote: "A bit of dirt never did anybody any harm." He never needed an antibiotic in his long life, that's for sure.

Seriously though, I should imagine that animals and plants are the most efficient re-cyclers that there is and that the stuff is adequately dealt with in the seas. The High Seas, that is, and not the seas washing up against the heavily populated beaches of Thailand .... and not just those of Pattaya.

I think dirt and manure are wonderful immune system enhancers, and fertilizers. However, I feel swimming at the beach and suddenly finding yourself surrounded by floating turds (it happened in Khlong Prao beach) rather disgusting.

But my first turd encounter was with my GF. We rented a kayak, were having a great time near Blue Lagoon Resort. I did most of the paddling. At one point, she asked, what's that? I turned to see one end of her oar high in the air. She frowned at it. Some "sea creature" clung to it, suspended high, then appeared to let go and rapidly slide down the oar smack into her lap.

It wasn't a sea creature.

Well, maybe a Koh Chang sea turdel!

• Like 1