Foreign Labour

Mosha

Please mods bear with this one.

My wife got a letter inviting her to a meeting in Ranong. Usually it's in the Ampoe. She says it talks of 15 year olds, and does not affect us, also she is too lazy to go. I'm telling her to go, as these things tend to end up biting us in the arse. (The lazy bit translates as interrupting gambling 555) So the question is guys, for those employing Burma, Cambodian, Laos. Have you head owt?

No heard nowt. If she got a letter from the amphur I would be telling her to go too. How did they know to send her a letter, presumably you employ Burmese? and are recorded at the Amphur as doing so.

At the last Poo Yai Bahn meeting here which is once a month it was mentioned that no-one ever came from my house so I'm wondering whether I should go even though I will only understand perhaps the topic, not the discussion especially if everyone speaks at once.

I dont understand the reference to 15 but I will say this, the Cambodians bring their kids with them a lot, who knows how old they are and some of them do actually work, other than that unless they're talking karaoke I dont understand. I'll keep my ears peeled though.

Yes we are registered, or should I say SWMBO is. It seems it's another way to get money out of those with older workers. It doesn't apply to us, as our Mon are quite young. They have today taken their lad to live with his grandparents in Burma/Myanmar so he can go to school there. It's gonna be a bit quiet with him gone. rolleyes.gif