Tot/internet Down In Hangdong Today (Feb 18) – Anyone Hear Anything?

NolaK

Hey all,

My Internet in Ban Wangtan has been down since I woke up at 5 this morning (Feb. 16, 2013). I figured as with Friday’s outage, it would come back on in time. No such luck, however. I have taken my sim card out of my cell, put it into an old ASI stick and gotten onto TOTs website (an agonizingly slow undertaking) twice now in an effort to get a customer service form or phone number that works when used. Again, no such luck.

Has anyone heard anything about problems or solutions in Hangdong? Does anyone have a customer service phone number that works?... ThaiVisa seem to be much faster with my jury-rigged system of getting online, so I thought I’d check back here for feedback in a while, before I drop everything and get on my bike to ride all the way over just to report an outage.

I appreciate all helpful feedback.

Cheers!

Nola

Just tried True internet in the Nimmanhamin area, it is on and off, mostly off. Unfortunately that's not unusual. I pay for two ISP's, True and CAT 3G, so I can switch between the two--True is faster when it works but CAT is more reliable. I hate paying twice, I feel like I'm rewarding the Thai ISP's for providing terrible service.

Just tried True internet in the Nimmanhamin area, it is on and off, mostly off. Unfortunately that's not unusual. I pay for two ISP's, True and CAT 3G, so I can switch between the two--True is faster when it works but CAT is more reliable. I hate paying twice, I feel like I'm rewarding the Thai ISP's for providing terrible service.

My CAT connection went down but True is intermittently working. Could be some kind of problem affecting all ISP's.

TOT helpline 1100. Press 9 for English

TOT working in San Kamphaeng

Call the help line, they'll send a technician, the technician will tell you he fixed the problem or there is not problem, the problem remains.

Perhaps he's been through this routine before.

Call the help line, they'll send a technician, the technician will tell you he fixed the problem or there is not problem, the problem remains.

Always been helpful on the rare occasion I've had to call, & fixed the problem the same day. Or as last friday, they explained it was a widespread problem & they were working on it.

Always been helpful on the rare occasion I've had to call, & fixed the problem the same day. Or as last friday, they explained it was a widespread problem & they were working on it.

I used TOT years ago, it was so bad I forfeited a deposit to bail. Every call to the technical support went as I described, with the one exception of one woman who admitted "We always have problems in that area." They always tried to sound helpful, but the problem, which I assume was too many subscribers for the lines in the Nimmanhamin area, was never fixed.

My TOT was terrible yesterday and last night in Santitham area. When I did a Speedtest it automatically connects to a server in Yangon with rubbish speeds 0.7MG, when I manually select a Bangkok server, I get 8MG......am I being routed through Yangon or what? Anyone know why this would be?

All better.

Apparently this time it was just my house. After Fridays outage I figured it was universal again.

All it took to get a tech to fix it was, 3 websites, 5 TOT web form attempts, 8 different phone numbers, 13 calls to said numbers, 47 minutes on hold (“Give me what I want and I will go away” – Stephen King) and a few tactical behavioral ploys I don’t care to confess to in public.

Thanks to everyone who responded. It’s terrible to admit, but I felt better knowing others were having their own problems. (Sorry, but true)

Whew!

N