Scottish Tourist's Sexual Assault Claim Disputed: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be the first time witnesses have been 'produced' to allow someone with influence to get off the hook but given the extent of the coverage of the victim's claim in the UK she can hardly back down now either.

Just have to wait for the evidence, which is what should have happened in the first place.

They have just arrested someone who has confessed to to twice raping the girl. Sorry, but it is in Thai.

http://www.matichon....atid=&subcatid=

Ooops so much for the police version of events........

If her claims are disputed then why have they arrested someone. I think her claims may have some merrit for them to make an arrest.
  • Like 2

I knew this story didn't add up from the start and this just confirms the doubts I had reading the original story.

If the whole claim she is making is false and a lie then she should be ashamed of herself.

However I guess we all need to wait for the medical reports.

More than that, if she's making false allegations she should be prosecuted. The BBC was reporting this story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281064/British-woman-20-face-charges-witnesses-say-invented-story-Thailand-gang-rape.html

Go on Daily Mail. I just love it when they expose the Criminal Police of Thailand and The Fakery of the place, so if a person is drunk then "rape is ok?" lets do all we can to damage tourism in the country it's the only way things will ever change .

Edited by KKvampire
  • Like 1

Yeah, wouldn't be the first time a foreign woman had a fling and then cried rape the next day, would it ? Nah, they would never do that. Well, never except for the couple of times in the last couple years that were also well documented (remember the Aussie one that cried rape, jumped on a plane and left the country before the police released the CCTV footage of her taking 2 guys into her room, and then waving good-bye to them afterwards ? Oh yeah, seems in her (and her friends) rush to leave they kinda sorta forgot to pay their bills too.)

As for the quick confessions. In Thailand, generally if you confess to a crime right away, you'd get half the regular sentence for that crime. If you plead innocent and then get found guilty, you'll most likely end up with the maximum punishment.

They have just arrested someone who has confessed to to twice raping the girl. Sorry, but it is in Thai.

I just translated it... I'm kinda laughing at the translation...

Reported STM on February 20, 2556 at 8:00 pm at the district police station. Province. Maj. Gen. Lt. equipment ผbk.p.hw. Sai Chai's Thai police colonel Junction Arizona Forest Health Hero vice ผbk.p.hw. Pol.Col Compatibility and Fri. Health Tip ray ผkk.sp. York City. Mr Pat Boone has taken me 26 years old Sosa, who is number 25 Soi Sai 1 Road Ebyhm prosperity - Royal House Tan Pho, Muang District, Nakhon Si Thammarat.Miss Amanda is accused of rape and taught English Caledonian Hotel Naples to keep hurt and destroyed the second floor balcony of a commercial row building. Robinson Ocean Side warehouse district, Muang District, Nakhon Si Thammarat. Out of hot water, which is why the city of Vientiane at 05:00 AM on Feb 15, 2556 ago.

Preliminary investigation of Mr Pat pleaded guilty to a real rape. As a condition of Ms. Amanda Mount. So pull up to Miss Amanda raped a second time until orgasm. The plan will lead to a confession, and the afternoon will be taken to investigate Ms. Amanda again.

Maj. Gen. Lt. unit, said preliminary autopsy results from the medical encounter. sand in your vagina. It is believed that the rape of the area. The witness is the way the city Ewiir card Monday that Mr Pat and visit often to see how the top of the building. However, I need to double check that the semen stain matched or not. Progress will be reported again.

Edited by webfact
/font fixed

Interesting. If she has done a false accusation, she should in fact be thrown in jail. Or.......the police

are coming up with a bizarre form of damage control by denying everything. Love the " witnesses did not

see anything" style of defense. So I guess I could be on that list, since I did not see anything either.... :-)

True hardly a witness if you did not see anything but I guess in Thailand the most creditable witness is one that doesn't see or hear anything.

Verdict.

"It wasn't rape, she was that drunk she slipped and landed on their cocks"

"Twice"

Perhaps such attempts at humour appeal to your infantile mind. For the girl to whom this happened I am sure it is absolutely no joke. You should be ashamed but I doubt you are.

The Matichon article says that the perpetrator, a 26 year old who works in a tyre shop nearby. confessed to raping the young lady twice on the second floor balcony.

Ah, it was the village idiot. What a surprise. Now all the BiB have to explain is why he changed his shirt for the second round.

What do they do at The Nation all day?

"All said they had not anybody threatening or attacking her."

or is it just me who needs to go back to school?

yeah I noticed the error also. I thought articles are meant to be proof read before being published?

the Nation has been hanging on by its fingernails for many years now... they have cut editing staff to a fraction of what it was in the 90s, and the foreign editors just have to blaze through copy, so plenty of original errors are left in.

Whatever happened, I am skeptical of The BIB, and they have a significant history of trying to make things that make Thailand look bad either go away, or blame the foreigner. It will be interesting to see what comes our. Anyone care to remember some events in Kanchanaburi, Pai, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui to name a few?

She did not have a clue what had happened or what was going on, and they were saying I was still drunk, but she remembers two of her attackers clearly?

The girl’s boyfriend and her were living out of each other’s pockets. So how was she managing to support herself in Thailand and to find money for her night out on the binge?

The girl was out clubbing, in a state of drunkenness with other groups of people. Who are her alleged friends and where are their statements? Her boyfriend was not on the scene, she claims.

Even if it is proven that sex took place, this does not mean the woman was raped. Remember, she was too drunk and not fully in comprehence of her senses to really know what she was doing or what was going on.

Too many ifs, buts and maybes in this story and if I were the police, I too would not take this woman’s statements as credible until a thorough investigation has been completed, but as usual the Western media have assumed 100% that her statement is factual because this event took place in Thailand.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Reported STM on February 20, 2556 at 8:00 pm at the district police station. Province. Maj. Gen. Lt. equipment ผbk.p.hw. Sai Chai's Thai police colonel Junction Arizona Forest Health Hero vice ผbk.p.hw. Pol.Col Compatibility and Fri. Health Tip ray ผkk.sp. York City. Mr Pat Boone has taken me 26 years old Sosa, who is number 25 Soi Sai 1 Road Ebyhm prosperity - Royal House Tan Pho, Muang District, Nakhon Si Thammarat.Miss Amanda is accused of rape and taught English Caledonian Hotel Naples to keep hurt and destroyed the second floor balcony of a commercial row building. Robinson Ocean Side warehouse district, Muang District, Nakhon Si Thammarat. Out of hot water, which is why the city of Vientiane at 05:00 AM on Feb 15, 2556 ago.

Preliminary investigation of Mr Pat pleaded guilty to a real rape. As a condition of Ms. Amanda Mount. So pull up to Miss Amanda raped a second time until orgasm. The plan will lead to a confession, and the afternoon will be taken to investigate Ms. Amanda again.

Maj. Gen. Lt. unit, said preliminary autopsy results from the medical encounter. sand in your vagina. It is believed that the rape of the area. The witness is the way the city Ewiir card Monday that Mr Pat and visit often to see how the top of the building. However, I need to double check that the semen stain matched or not. Progress will be reported again.

"Miss Amanda is accused of rape"

So this is saying that Amanda is the actual rapist and not the raped.

Edited by chooka

Whatever happened, I am skeptical of The BIB, and they have a significant history of trying to make things that make Thailand look bad either go away, or blame the foreigner. It will be interesting to see what comes our. Anyone care to remember some events in Kanchanaburi, Pai, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui to name a few?

Even if it is proven that sex took place, this does not mean the woman was raped. Remember, she was too drunk and not fully in comprehence of her senses to really know what she was doing or what was going on.

In the west we would consider her to have been incapable of providing informed consent i.e. raped.

• Like 2

Yes, the clearly gibberish translation has implied that. Very astute of you to find that.

What did you make of "sand in your vagina"?

• Like 1

Yes, the clearly gibberish translation has implied that. Very astute of you to find that.

It's just a typical Google-type translation, which all come out as nonsense.

Anyone know why the crims here confess so readily? Torture? Or is it part of seeking redemption (Buddhism) and admitting?

Although you have the right to an attorney during questioning, it doesn't much help if you can't afford one here. You also have the right to remain silent but it doesn't mean the police have to stop questioning you. In these circumstances it is fairly easy to get a confession because the police can say all sorts of things to make you believe the case against you is a slam dunk as well as promise you many things for telling the truth. it is also fairly common knowledge that admitting to your crime here will get a substantial reduction in sentencing and showing remorse will get you even more. Under these circumstances it is not difficult to get a confession, sometimes even from an innocent person, unlike other places where the moment you ask for an attorney the interrogation needs to stop. Religion, love of family, saving face and a host of other things can be used to get the person to confess depending on the person. Unlike popular beliefs among many expats, the interrogators are fairly well trained and experienced in getting a confession and there is little need, risk or desire to use torture.

I would translate it as Mr Pongpat Bowsoi ...age, address etc ... (followed by) who is the alleged offender in the case of raping.......

and

sand in her vagina

If your going to use Google translate or some similar program, please don't post it, use it to draw your own conclusions

Verdict.

"It wasn't rape, she was that drunk she slipped and landed on their cocks"

"Twice"

Perhaps such attempts at humour appeal to your infantile mind. For the girl to whom this happened I am sure it is absolutely no joke. You should be ashamed but I doubt you are.

It was not a dig at the victim, it was a dig at the Thai Police and their ability for fabrication, and of the Thai populous in general to accept that fabrication as the truth, as long as it saves the reputation of Thais and tarnishes everyone else.

You may do well to think for a few seconds before handing out insults, or maybe not.

• Like 1

She did not have a clue what had happened or what was going on, and they were saying I was still drunk, but she remembers two of her attackers clearly?

The girl’s boyfriend and her were living out of each other’s pockets. So how was she managing to support herself in Thailand and to find money for her night out on the binge?

The girl was out clubbing, in a state of drunkenness with other groups of people. Who are her alleged friends and where are their statements? Her boyfriend was not on the scene, she claims.

Too many ifs, buts and maybes in this story and if I were the police, I too would not take this woman’s statements as credible until a thorough investigation has been completed, but as usual the Western media have assumed 100% that her statement is factual because this event took place in Thailand.

In the UK and the US, if you are too intoxicated to give proper consent, then it is STILL A SEXUAL ASSAULT/RAPE.

This brought up some research on my part. found this interesting.

Perhaps, the most shocking feature of the rape law in Thailand is the fact that the Penal Code, by Section 281, provides that unless a rape offence is committed in the presence of third parties or the commision of the offence results in death or grievous bodily harm, it is a "compoundable" offece. This means that the parties can compromise and charges can be dropped by paying compensation.

Thailand has a very narrow definition of a rape offence. A man is said to have committed rape if he has sexual intercourse with a female person who is not his wife and the act is carried out by threat or use of force *Section 276 of the Thailand Penal Code. The act of "sexual intercourse" has consistenly been interpreted by courts to cover only cases where there is a penile penetration of the vagina. All other sexual acts such as forced oral sex, sodomy and forcible penetration by other means are classified as indecent assaults with a lighter penalty.

So I know when they amended the law around 2007, they changed it to include a verse about martial rape and that rape can be a woman vs woman, man vs man etc. DOES ANYONE ELSE know the details of the penal code?

• Like 1

In the west we would consider her to have been incapable of providing informed consent i.e. raped.

Not quite true ... deciding to drink yourself into a drunken state doesn't generally excuse you of the choices you make when you put yourself in this drunken state. Although I am sure many people wish to take back decisions they make when they are drunk, including drunk driving, it generally is not an option.

example: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1546789/Drunk-women-can-consent-to-sex-judges-rule.html