Foreigner Falls To His Death From High Floor At Jomtien Beach Hotel

Rimmer

Foreigner falls to his death from high floor at Jomtien Beach Hotel

PATTAYA:--Just after daybreak on Wednesday, Officers from Dongtan Police Station on Jomtien Beach were called to the Furama Jomtien Beach Hotel to investigate reports of a foreigner falling from a high newsjsfloor.

Officers arrived and inspected the body of the man, who was wearing only boxer shorts. His name or nationality could not be determined but he did have a tattoo of a cartoon wolf on his arm and was carrying a mobile phone which is now being analyzed for clues as to who he is and why he fell.

A forensic Doctor arrived at the scene and confirmed he had fallen from a high floor due to the extent of trauma sustained to him.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/75541/foreigner-falls-death-high-floor-jomtien-beach-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-20

So, the unfortunate man was still falling?

Wearing only boxer shorts.......carrying a mobile phone? One phone call to the provider will give the identity............we all have to leave some kind of ID when obtaining a sim-card.

Weird.......sad.png

Edited by joepattaya1961

Odd he 'fell' with his mobile phone and in his boxers too.

For example - On the balcony, having a ciggie, phoning a friend, lean out to look at the great view ........

Fell or pushed ...... ?

Phone the person he was last in contact with. Was he depressed / happy? Did the other person hear a scream as he 'fell' ?

• Like 1

Wearing only boxer shorts.......carrying a mobile phone? One phone call to the provider will give the identity............we all have to leave some kind of ID when obtaining a sim-card.

Weird.......sad.png

I've never been asked for ID when getting a sim card here.

Me neither........never ever.

I remind everybody here that on most balconies of these hotels/condominiums , the railing is incredibly low. A foreigner is mostly taller than a Thai, let's say by at least one head taller. This leads to the rails reach only to the lower hip, so if you are a bit dizzy, smoking or phoning on the balcony and lean against the rail in a manner you would be used to on a balcony in the West, it's already to late. You would loose balance and just flip over the rail - and welcome to the Pattaya Flying Club . . .!

• Like 1

ive been sitting/standing/drunk on my 20th floor balcony for 4 months now and not even the tiniest of slips or attempts to dive off it. could i have a great sense of balance or is it because ive only had 1 woman out there with me and that 1 doesnt seem to be a psycho?

• Like 1

I remind everybody here that on most balconies of these hotels/condominiums , the railing is incredibly low. A foreigner is mostly taller than a Thai, let's say by at least one head taller. This leads to the rails reach only to the lower hip, so if you are a bit dizzy, smoking or phoning on the balcony and lean against the rail in a manner you would be used to on a balcony in the West, it's already to late. You would loose balance and just flip over the rail - and welcome to the Pattaya Flying Club . . .!

Now how many times to people fall in their apartments and houses? Never a female though. Are they more aware of the low railings?

Think again.

I never fall over a chair, couch or something like that when I lean on it.

"It is also thought he fell at around 10pm the previous night as a loud thud was heard by security guards who decided not to investigate"

aaaannnndddd god-forbid you might actually have to put in 10 minutes of work. This guy might of at least had a small chance to live if he was discovered after the fall, but laying there for 7-8 hours rules that out.

Edited by MikeThaison

Now how many times to people fall in their apartments and houses? Never a female though. Are they more aware of the low railings?

Think again.

Not true. A few days ago a Japanese lady fell from the second floor. Well, at least that is where she left the balcony, wether by hersel or with help, is not quite clear. As usual in Thailand.

Think again.

Not true. A few days ago a Japanese lady fell from the second floor. Well, at least that is where she left the balcony, wether by hersel or with help, is not quite clear. As usual in Thailand.

heard about that and as far as know it's under investigation.

Now anyone tell us please about other countries where people fall from balconies in droves.

"It is also thought he fell at around 10pm the previous night as a loud thud was heard by security guards who decided NOT to investigate."

WOW!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Thoughtless farang interupting the guards sleep.

Never mind check it out in the morning, body will still be there, not as if its going anywhere.

Maybe the guard was afraid of ghosts.

Weird.......sad.png

Not true. I have a sim card and did not have to leave any identifying documents. I just asked for the sim and they sold it to me no questions asked. I guess it depends where you buy the card.

ive been sitting/standing/drunk on my 20th floor balcony for 4 months now and not even the tiniest of slips or attempts to dive off it. could i have a great sense of balance or is it because ive only had 1 woman out there with me and that 1 doesnt seem to be a psycho?

4 Months... give yourself time.

Did he fall or Jump? Another tourist fund dead below his balcony

PATTAYA:--An unidentified male in his mid fifties has been added, today, to the list of tourists who have fallen from their balconies in Thai resorts.

At dawn, local police were called to a Jomtien Hotel where, according to security guards, they had found the body of a tourist during their security checks around the premises.

Dressed simply in just boxer shorts, so without ID papers, the man ws removed by attending ambulancemen and taken for examination as police worked to establish his identity. It is thought that he may be of Arabic descent and had a single tattoo of a wolf on his arm.

Full story:http://www.pattaya10...ow-his-balcony/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-02-20

Rubbish. 'Been coming here for almost 30 years now. You might find low railings such as you describe on some of the guest houses, which are usually 3-4 stories at most. I've never seen any such in the high rise hotels though. In this case, you can visit the hotel's website (Furama Jomtien Beach Hotel) and see from their room pictures for yourself exactly how high they are.

• Like 1

Can people go and buy the one dollar tape and actually measure the height of the balustrade, correct terminology for railing.

I would love to know what height they are, sometimes the nanny state makes rules for a good reason.Seat belts and helmets come to mind, oh and speed limits and drink driving rules.

Rubbish. 'Been coming here for almost 30 years now. You might find low railings such as you describe on some of the guest houses, which are usually 3-4 stories at most. I've never seen any such in the high rise hotels though. In this case, you can visit the hotel's website (Furama Jomtien Beach Hotel) and see from their room pictures for yourself exactly how high they are.

Ok, I went to the website and bring a picture along.

89338_110721100403237_STD.jpg

Let's estimate the door is 2.20 metres high, and the railing about half of that, 1.10 m. Barely higher than the chairs. I have bigger ones in my living room, and they measure 90 cm.