Thai Suspect Reenacts Assault Of British Teacher, 20, But Claims He Had Consensual Sex With Her

Lite Beer

How people can't see that there is a world of difference between picking up someone drunk and rape i don't understand.

Either someone wants sex or doesn't, and that is a world away from regretting sleeping with someone and rape.

You are correct the two are worlds apart.

As the judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria (Aust) said in a case (That I was involved in) an intoxicated person can not give informed consent. Now case law and used in other similar cases. It will remain case law unless someone takes it to the high court to have the ruling overturned which has not been done successfully.

The guy, a doctor, raped a woman in his home and was convicted and sentenced to 6 yrs imprisonment. The woman was drunk when he raped and molestered her. The court was informed she had pretended to be asleep and did not complain because she was scared of him. Covicted because she was drunk and could not give informed consent.

I think any man knows if he has forced himself on a woman. i am not saying it is clear cut in the law because bad situations happen, but any man will know in his heart.

And no, definitely is no, unless you want a long time looking through bars.

Edited by Thai at Heart

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew a Canadian woman here in BKK that I worked with who had real bad issues with alcohol...she would routinely black out in the bars by 9 or 10 o'clock. She would end up taking guys home ( I think usually Thai guys ) and being blacked out would have sex with them, pass out, and several times woke up in the morning minus whatever money and valuables she had in her room gone. She would complain about these guys, and if I or other men tried to bring up the fact that the problem was her indiscretion caused by her problem with alcohol, she would yell at us that we were women haters and she didn't deserve what happened to her, and that men always took advantage of her. An extreme case, but I think it reveals a certain attitude that quite a few people hold - that

no matter what a woman may do or position they may put themselves into, it is never their fault for what happens to them.

Ok, but she did not say, the men raped her and ran to the police?

So, I see no comparison to the Thread.That is a completely different book, at least for me.

You must not bring a woman's story about that, "special irresponsibility", in connection with Sex, which sure happens to a women only few times, but,

happens every day many times to men in South East Asia, just change your words regarding Female to Male upstairs and it fits many of times in a year!

These men say than also, -How do I deserve, that the 'Ladies - Lady Boys" took advantage of my carelessness!

?

We are well into Fri night happy hour Tom, don't try and make sense of anything after 7.30 on Thai Visa wink.png

First, I do not drink Alcohol!

Maybe the "Readers" should not drink, than they do not have to accuse the 'Writer".

(As the rogue is so he thinks of the others.) tongue.png

What is so difficult to understand. "Tominbkk" presents a story from a woman who get drunk regularly,

takes (mostly Thai) men to her room, passes out intoxicated and some men, use more than once that situation and the woman looses money and valuables.

Realizing that, she is complaining about her misfortune.

That is special, because its a woman who is doing that in TH.

To many men, the same story, happens every day, taking "Ladies and Boys" to the room and loosing valuables because they are drunk and not care.

And, after realizing the loss, they are complaining to!

(But maybe. they learn faster to hide their belongings next time before going out and have only small money accessible in room and with them.)rolleyes.gif

-Tominbkk-

Has now the opinion that his "story" shows how, irresponsible (all) women are, from one story.wink.png

"no matter what a woman may do or position they may put themselves into, it is never their fault for what happens to them."

So, the young Scottish woman was -irresponsible- and it was (also) her fault the incident did happen?
I doubt that, that is all! whistling.gif
Edited by ALFREDO

Any decent man would have taken her to her room, and left.

It is not acceptable, legally, or morally to take advantage. If someone leaves their car window open, is it ok, to nick their briefcase?

Male impulse is no excuse.

I have been to discos, clubs and parties and witnessed girls that have appeared drunk literally lusting over a guy on the dance floor.

So what should the guy do in these circumstances? Give her a breathalyser test just it see if under the law he will be having consensual sex or committing rape?

Appears to me that having sex with women has too many pitfalls. Best to stay celibate or become a monk. Amen.

• Like 1

I knew a Canadian woman here in BKK that I worked with who had real bad issues with alcohol...she would routinely black out in the bars by 9 or 10 o'clock. She would end up taking guys home ( I think usually Thai guys ) and being blacked out would have sex with them, pass out, and several times woke up in the morning minus whatever money and valuables she had in her room gone. She would complain about these guys, and if I or other men tried to bring up the fact that the problem was her indiscretion caused by her problem with alcohol, she would yell at us that we were women haters and she didn't deserve what happened to her, and that men always took advantage of her. An extreme case, but I think it reveals a certain attitude that quite a few people hold - that no matter what a woman may do or position they may put themselves into, it is never their fault for what happens to them.

So, I see no comparison to the Thread.That is a completely different book, at least for me.

You must not bring a woman's story about that, "special irresponsibility", in connection with Sex, which sure happens to a women only few times, but,

happens every day many times to men in South East Asia, just change your words regarding Female to Male upstairs and it fits many of times in a year!

These men say than also, -How do I deserve, that the 'Ladies - Lady Boys" took advantage of my carelessness!

?

We are well into Fri night happy hour Tom, don't try and make sense of anything after 7.30 on Thai Visa wink.png

Haha

no matter what a woman may do or position they may put themselves into, it is never their fault for what happens to them.

?

First, I do not drink Alcohol!

Maybe the "Readers" should not drink, than they do not have to accuse the 'Writer".

(As the rogue is so he thinks of the others.) tongue.png

What is so difficult to understand. "Tominbkk" presents a story from a woman who get drunk regularly,

takes (mostly Thai) men to her room, passes out intoxicated and some men, use more than once that situation and the woman looses money and valuables.

Realizing that, she is complaining about her misfortune.

That is special, because its a woman who is doing that in TH.

To many men, the same story, happens every day, taking "Ladies and Boys" to the room and loosing valuables because they are drunk and not care.

And, after realizing the loss, they are complaining to!

(But maybe. they learn faster to hide their belongings next time before going out and have only small money accessible in room and with them.)rolleyes.gif

-Tominbkk-

Has now the opinion that his "story" shows how, irresponsible (all) women are, from one story.wink.png

"no matter what a woman may do or position they may put themselves into, it is never their fault for what happens to them."

So, the young Scottish woman was -irresponsible- and it was (also) her fault the incident did happen?
I doubt that, that is all! whistling.gif

==================

Hi, I would say the Thai man was responsible for taking advantage of and possibly raping her, the Scottish girl was responsible for throwing utter caution to the wind and wandering around in the middle of the night in a foreign country without any care at all for her safety (passing out in the hallway).

I guess the notion some posters are trying to make that it is a black and white clear cut case (man completely guilty, girl, completely innocent) that I have some problems with. At this point it is her word against his, but she left country so we may never really know. It's all quite grey to me at this point.

I just know that even I don't walk around my 'hood at 3am blackout drunk, because it would only be inviting awfulness of one sort or another. I do have sympathy for the girl, she was young and careless and paid a dear price. And if she had stayed and the man was convicted then she would have her judicial vengeance.

• Like 1

Man held in alledged rape of foreigner

KRISSANA THIWATSIRIKUL

THE NATION

Nakhon Si Thammarat

30200439-01_big.JPG

Police have charged a man with the rape of a foreign woman in Nakhon Si Thammarat.

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- According to police, the suspect confessed to making sexual advances towards the woman and claimed that she welcomed them.

The alleged victim, however, yesterday failed to identify the suspect at Muang Nakhon Si Thammarat police station. She showed up with her boyfriend.

The 20-year-old woman lodged a rape complaint and gave her testimony to police before leaving Thailand last night.

Her case has received widespread media attention, with several foreign news agencies also reporting on it.

Nakhon Si Thammarat Police chief Pol Maj-General Ronnapong Saikaew interrogated the suspect, Pongpat Posoy, was alone at the time of the interrogation. His close friend witnessed the whole incident and also gave a similar account to police.

Pongpat told police he spotted the alleged victim in the wee hours of February 15 in a bar he frequented, and initially approached her and offered help because she had sustained a knee injury. He said he felt a sexual urge during the close contact and followed her to the second floor of the bar.

The suspect said he then attempted to have sex with the drunken foreigner twice, during which he claimed she did not resist his advances.

The suspect and his friends said the woman kept repeating, "Ok. Good".

Ronnapong said the rape took place between 3.14am and 3.45am.

"We will wait to see the results of a physical examination by |doctors," he said. He said the re-sults would be able to identify whether bodily fluid found on the victim belonged to the alleged victim's boyfriend or her alleged attacker.

The woman initially told police that four men gang-raped her, but an ongoing police investigation has yet to find any evidence to support her claim.

Police linked her to Pongpat because recordings from a security camera appeared to show he was following her.

The victim reportedly came to Thailand to apply for a teaching job.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-21

I hope the female teacher and backpacker community gets wind of this and spreads the word. You aren't going to stop the sexpat or the holiday guy from getting his rocks off, but when this is no longer fun for the female teachers and backpackers, you're hitting 'em where it hurts. thumbsup.gif In the wallet!

How people can't see that there is a world of difference between picking up someone drunk and rape i don't understand.

Either someone wants sex or doesn't, and that is a world away from regretting sleeping with someone and rape.

You are correct the two are worlds apart.

As the judge of the Supreme Court of Victoria (Aust) said in a case (That I was involved in) an intoxicated person can not give informed consent. Now case law and used in other similar cases. It will remain case law unless someone takes it to the high court to have the ruling overturned which has not been done successfully.

The guy, a doctor, raped a woman in his home and was convicted and sentenced to 6 yrs imprisonment. The woman was drunk when he raped and molestered her. The court was informed she had pretended to be asleep and did not complain because she was scared of him. Covicted because she was drunk and could not give informed consent.

Just of curiosity. How she ended up in his home? Was she forced to join him? Were they both drinking? It sounds to me more like a honey trap than rape. Anyway where is the line? Back home everyone goes out Friday and Saturday. Everyone gets hammered, both men and women. Alcohol, all sorts of drugs or both. In most cases no one knows what is going on. So easy way out is always to blame men.

they met in a nightclub where they had both been drinking and then caught a cab to his house where they consumed more drinks. No drugs were found in her system. She passed out and when she came to, she was naked in his bed with him on top of her. He penetrated her a few times whilst she was conscious. The defence claimed it was consensual sex and even had the cab driver give evidence that they were quite close and cuddly in the back of the cab and she was quite intoxicated and had to be assisted from the cab. The photo's on his mobile phone showed his penis in her mouth and she was quite clearly not concious at this time however he claimed she was concious when sex commenced. The defence claimed that they had agreed to go to his home for sex and she instigated it. As the judge said at his sentencing an intoxicated person can not give informed consent.

I'm not clear from the information provided by the news reports as to what really happened to this woman. But I find it concerning that a Judge could sentence a man to six years gaol on the summation on sentencing " As the judge said at his sentencing an intoxicated person can not give informed consent." In my younger days quite often I would be hit on by a woman who was drunk same as myself and we would end up somewhere together, Waking the next morning not really remembering the night before. So going by the judges, Judgment anyone of those women could have done me for rape. Glad I'm married and not single partying as it could end you up in gaol at any moment blink.png

^ It goes both way.

How many ugly women took advantage of my body because I was too drunk to realize what I was doing ? Did I cry "rape" ? Of course not. I was so ashamed that I usually sneaked out in the early morning hours hoping that nobody will remember.

It is during that difficult times that you should remember the words of the wise man

Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk. "
Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."