Police Extortion

DavidJonson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing you can realistically do at all. Welcome to Thailand.

Thanks...

Last Saturday night. They pulled everything out of my pockets and produced, in addition, a ball of tin-foil. I was pushed into the police depot and given two choices. They wanted 100K but my card had a limit. I have the ATM receipts.

I'm guessing I could do something, get a lawyer, file a law-suit, and expect to throw away a year of my life fighting this in court and much more than I paid out to these thieves; anyways we often hear about these extortion robberies, but never what happens afterwards...

Edited by DavidJonson

Nothing you can realistically do at all. Welcome to Thailand.

Thanks...

Last Saturday night. They pulled everything out of my pockets and produced, in addition, a ball of tin-foil. I was pushed into the police depot and given two choices. They wanted 100K but my card had a limit. I have the ATM receipts.

I'm guessing I could do something, get a lawyer, file a law-suit, and expect to throw away a year of my life fighting this in court and much more than I paid out to these thieves; anyways we often hear about these extortion robberies, but never what happens afterwards...

So the police pulled the cab over at a check point? They searched you outside the vehicle and that's when the drugs were "discovered" or planted? Just wondering how the whole thing went down. 80K ain't peanuts.

Just a thought but.....What's this guy got for a credit card? A black Visa? What kind of fellow has that kind of withdrawal limit whilst traveling abroad? Sounding kinda fishy to me. If true, perhaps not a big hit for such a big player eh?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

For enterprising police, this is better than a jet ski scam.

No need to even purchase a jet ski or employ troublesome staff.

Just roll up a foil ball, find a farang and presto.

Like taking candy from a baby.

A Thai friend tells me the police are getting clever as they have minor wives to support.

Edited by DiNiro

For enterprising police, this is better than a jet ski scam.

No need to even purchase a jet ski or employ troublesome staff.

Just roll up a foil ball, find a farang and presto.

Like taking candy from a baby.

A Thai friend tells me the police are getting clever as they have minor wives to support.

And the more they get away with it, the more they're going to do it.

Only a matter of time.

Next time only carry a card with a 20k limit.

Learn to haggle.

My Thai ATM limit is 25K. My overseas card even less. 80K limit?

So is mine, but it's 25k per draw, 50k max per day. I think I'll change it...whistling.gif

Off topic, but I stood behind a guy at BK Bank branch in Nakhon Nayok that did 10 max transactions 20k each.