Women Arrested For Pimping 11-Year-Old Girl On Bangkok's Soi Cowboy

webfact

Women arrested for trying to pimp 11-year-old girl on Soi Cowboy

By Coconuts Bangkok

sc.jpg

Soi Cowboy

BANGKOK: -- Two women were arrested this Wednesday for trying to sell an 11-year-old girl for sexual purposes on Soi Cowboy.

newsjsBoth of the women – a Cambodian known only as “Pao” and a Pathum Thani native named Chatsiri Thongdee – had outstanding warrants for their arrest when police apprehended them, acting on a tip-off from the Labour Right Promotion Network Foundation.

The organization accused the two women of providing a Cambodian girl for sexual services to a Swedish customer identified only as “Jorgen,” who later arranged to meet the pair on Soi Cowboy.

After being apprehended, the girl was sent to a rehabilitation facility run by the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security.

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...-on-soi-cowboy/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-02-21

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Incidents like this are the dreadful downside of

Thailand. When you have westerners who will

take advantage of the circumstances of these

poor people. I hope and prayer for this young

girl that she may now have a chance of a better

life.

The environment of Thailand and its prostitution sois create a target rich environment for all kinds of crime, pedophilia, drugs, disease, and tons of other average run of the mill hustles and cons. Thailand has thousands of sois just like cowboy , maybe on a smaller less blatant scale, but nonetheless there. So why is it news that this type of incident occurs? Pedophilia and other crimes and hustles must be happening hundreds of times a day all overThailand.

• Like 1

It really shocking, but I remember from Cambodia 10 years ago getting off a bus in PP, the waiting tuk tuk driver (or equ) asked if I like young girls , I said of course, what do I look gay or something? , he then said he could take me to a place with 13 year old girls.. I was rather shocked coz for me a young girl I imagined to be 18 -20 or something.. a few days later after recovering from a bout of food poisening I was bored and wanted to find the equivelant of Sukumvit rd; bars, girls, lights, action, etc. so I asked a driver to take me somewhere I could get a drink with some girls ... he drove about 45 minutes down dusty roads to a run down street lined with tin sheds a real shanty town looking place, and said we're her. I looked around and there were no bars. just a bunch of really dirty smelly girls.. I told the driver that he had it all wrong this is not what I wanted . Anyway after the dusty drive i asked for a beer for me and him before heading back. the Mamasun asked if I liked anything I saw , . I mean these girls really stank... i said no... she said wait a minute I get something special drove off and came back with 3 or 4 young girls ,, I don't know how old they were,, i mean way, way pre- pubescent maybe 10, maybe younger.... I was totally shocked and all I could say was 'what ?are these girls virgins? She no ,, if you want vigins I can get for you.. any way I got out of there as fast as I could.....

So I dont know what the moral of this story is.. it seemed to me that the kids were being offered by their own families who were extremly poor , to the mamasuns to help put food on the table.... I dont know for sure. Is it a inevitable concequence of povety , bad social upbringing or exploitation from pimps?. or a bit of everything probably ... either way I have never noticed any such stuff going on in Thailand , obviously it goes on everywhere to some extent deep under ground.....and hidden from the normal population. . but tackling poverty might be as an important a place to start to get rid of this industry...

• Like 2

unfortunately it happens time to time , that is the sad reality of Thailand , greedy pedophile foreigners and poor people . Good action from the Labor Right Promotion Network Foundation.

Do you mean that it only happens in Thailand and not in other European or Western countries?

• Like 1

What they really need to do is start "pimping" youngsters undercover, and arresting the scum that "buys," then very internationally and publicly putting them in the Bangkok Hilton for twenty years.

Add some "follow-up reports" at 2 years, 5 years and twenty years, with photos of the incarcerated.

It'll stop.

No, wait ...Thailand would never do that, though. They don't care about the kids.

• Like 1

Shocking Yes.. surprising NO !

It's about time they shut Pattaya down..

I think I read somewhere that the sex trade is estimated at US$ 4.3 billion per year or about three percent of the Thai economy.

You tell me which politician wants to shut Pattaya down?

(I acknowledge that the sex trade is in every town in every province).

Shocking Yes.. surprising NO !

It's about time they shut Pattaya down..

It's not Pattaya that should be shut down, it's the small minority of scum who live and frequent the place who should be jailed. There are plenty of decent people who visit Pattaya, and plenty of decent people who spend their time in the bars. Like I said, as long as no one is hurt or made to do anything against their will.

Sad when greed, the lack of basic moral standards and a sick mind get together. As for the guy, they should lock him up and give photos of his own siblings and all youngsters in his family to his fellow paedophile inmates...

Dude, the Swedish guy was part of the sting operation. He was one of the good guys.

• Like 2