Receiving A Replacement Debit Card (Atm Card) From The Uk ?

RandomSand

What concerns me is because chip & pin is not used in Thailand, if some dishonest employee copies the magnetic stripe when package gets inspected, my card could get cloned... even if I make the account balance nill when sending there might be theft later.

Also; anyone used UK's ParcelForce? -I think they hand over to EMS in S.E Asia.

What concerns me is because chip & pin is not used in Thailand, if some dishonest employee copies the magnetic stripe when package gets inspected, my card could get cloned... even if I make the account balance nill when sending there might be theft later.Also; anyone used UK's ParcelForce? -I think they hand over to EMS in S.E Asia.

Lost mine in a car fire. Sent by bank to home address. Son sent it to me via express delivery (DHL etc). Here in under 3 days. Pin number sent over the phone.

Google gives some cheaper sites to express it too. Mine was less than £30. Same with a recent delivery made this year.

Very very unlikely they will inspect inside the package.

If your bank use lasted security chip cloning of the magnetic part alone is useless!

And is there any cloning the visa security system are intelegent enough to handle this 5 year ago I traveled in USA and someone clone my card and bought a kitchen for more then 7000 dollar in hongkong!

But when the see that purchases comes from 2 different country, after I came home the called me and refund me the money!

In case of any criminal activity visa or the bank have a insurance!

For example when someone knock me down on ATM and take the money I must report to police my bank report to pay life and there insurance send money back to me!

Sure every bank has is own small printing!

If your bank use lasted security chip cloning of the magnetic part alone is useless! And is there any cloning the visa security system are intelegent enough to handle this 5 year ago I traveled in USA and someone clone my card and bought a kitchen for more then 7000 dollar in hongkong! But when the see that purchases comes from 2 different country, after I came home the called me and refund me the money! In case of any criminal activity visa or the bank have a insurance! For example when someone knock me down on ATM and take the money I must report to police my bank report to pay life and there insurance send money back to me! Sure every bank has is own small printing!

Multiple wrong information:

1) Skimming your card (copy magstripe) can be done on any chip card and the information can be used to either to e-commerce transactions or copy to another plastic and go for a shopping spree until your bank blocks the card.

2) if the fraud (security) system would have been intelligent, it would have blocked the kitchen purchase beforehand and their would have been no need to chargeback later

3) Neither VISA nor Banks have insurance for fraudulent transactions. VISA does not care as the carry no liability for fraud, banks do care if they can't chargeback to the merchant, because then they have to write the fraudulent transaction off in their own books.

4) if you get knocked down at the ATM after a cash advance, your bank will not refund (the transaction was made by you, we are not responsible for subsequent robbery), that would have to be covered by your travel insurance.

What concerns me is because chip & pin is not used in Thailand, if some dishonest employee copies the magnetic stripe when package gets inspected, my card could get cloned... even if I make the account balance nill when sending there might be theft later. Also; anyone used UK's ParcelForce? -I think they hand over to EMS in S.E Asia.

I think your bank will have it's preferred carriers whom they trust. Also, should you receive your package opened, call your bank and tell them about your suspicion, they can then put your card under special surveillance or even send you another one. From our experience, less than 1% of the cards we send around the globe ever disappear or arrive opened.

Also, most banks (in the west) nowadays offer SMS notification for transactions... this way, you can act rapidly in case of fraudulent transactions.