Just For Sheryl

Patsycat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be still my heart...tongue.png

Gotta be the only man who grew sexier as he aged. As hot in his 60's as he was in his 20's. Maybe hotter. (Thanks be to God for letting him keep his hair!!)

He seems to lose energy midway through this clip though. Granted it was the last set of the night, but still... He usually jumps into the pit at some point in "Rosalita". When/where is it from?

Review of a concert in 2012:

“The morning of this show, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote from
opening night: “At 62, Springsteen is still a taut package of rugged
masculinity in tight black jeans and a neat vest and button-down shirt;
and while he might not slide across the stage on his knees anymore, he’s
still insanely active.” As if in direct retort, there was Bruce during
“Sunny Day,” sloshing water on his jeans back at the drum riser and soon
executing a perfect knee-slide across the stage. Always fine-tuning,
people. Best not to say there’s something he can’t do anymore — or do
say that, and then watch him do it.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-music-scene/2012/03/21/bruce-springsteen-brings-back-the-knee-slide-in-n-c/

For years Bruce pointedly ignored Christie at his concerts. (Which Christie attended faithfully).

During the Sandy relief effort, Obama personally called Bruce to persuade him to acknowledge Christie. That intervention plus Christie's good performance post-Sandy is what achieved it.

BFF is going a bit too far though. Speaking terms is more like it, but that's a big step up from where they were and Christe is understandably ecstatic over it.

Yes, he (Springsteen) is at least King, if not God, in NJ. And almost as highly revered in NY.

Maybe we should start a petition to get him to play Bkk?????

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes, let's get Bruce in Bangkok! I wander into this forum only at random times and I can't believe there are other Bruce fans here.

I'll revisit this post tomorrow when Hubby isn't trying to sleep and will patch the computer into the TV (and sound system) to really get into those clips.

You know (this is the point where Hubby would be smerking if he were still awake) -- you know I have a special connection to Bruce!

In our previous life Hubby and I owned/operated a plant nursery and his rose curator (i.e. fancy term for the guy who took care of his rose bushes) can to our nursery several times. When we decided to retire and move to Thailand, we couldn't find a buyer for the business, so we sold off our entire life collection of rare rose bushes. People came from all over, but the most noteworthy was Bruce Springsteen's rose curator coming in Bruce's private jet to haul potted rose bushes back to N.J. from Michigan.

One of our employees was a real Bruce fan and she kept encouraging the "curator" to buy more and more once I told her she'd get to drive our truck to N.J. She'd never been more than 50 miles from home and was totally geeked out about the possibility of seeing Bruce's home (I did point out she probably wouldn't meet him or get to see the inside of his house -- I was prepared to give her a tutorial about how we don't even consider a home as something more than a fixture in the landscape -- we certainly don't ask to use the toilet or look thru the windows.)

Anyway, unfortunately for her, she did convince the curator to buy a huge order of rose bushes (our largest non-wholesale order), but she was also very skilled when she helped to load the rose bushes into the private jet. She did a great job of reporting estimated weight to the pilot and balancing the load. The curator and pilot were probably pretty cramped, but she got a couple hundred potted rose bushes into an amazingly small area..

Anyway, I'd go to see him in Bangkok, but I doubt he have any recollection of the rose bushes. Somehow I don't think it was really his hobby, but rather he hit it off with the "rose curator" (a well-known international rose expert) who happened to be from N.J. and had a background similar to Bruce's.

Oh to be Patsy...

OK Nancy you're on. Let's mobilize the farang women of Thailand to petition the Boss to play here.

Or even just stopover for a few minutes. Anything....

Did you ever see him in concert? I did only once, luckily while Clarence Clemmons was still alive. Unbeleiveable. It was about 5 years ago so he was well into his fifties, 3 1/12 hours nonstop and as vigorous as ever.

• 2 weeks later...

He's touring Australia at the moment and loads of my friends are making me so jealous with their Faceboook postings. I want to curl up in the old corner and sulk when I think about last time I saw him (1985 -ish which doesn't sound quite so bad as 'almost 30 years ago').

Yes, while not the first loss the E Street Band has taken (Don Federici dies before him), CC's death was a HUGE blow. There will never be another like him. I'm sure Bruce will continue to make great music but it will have to be of a different sound as there is no getting back what"the Big Man" brought to it.....I'm so glad that I got to a concert when he was still around. &^%ing uneblievable what that man could do and such a perfect fit with Bruce & the rest of the band.

http://brucespringsteen.net/category/live-dates

Ticket Confirmation - Hard Rock Calling: Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band

Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London,

Sun 30 Jun 2013, 14:00

Details: Hard Rock Calling, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, The Black Crowes, Alabama Shakes

Looks like I am going to see the boss on 30th June biggrin.png

oh hate you too....Bruce and the Black Crowes. Damn

Archived