Merc Driver Beating Up Women In A Traffic Quarrel

KhunBENQ

Just stumbled upon this video and a relating article in Thai.

Unfortunately I am not good enough in Thai to make up the details.

But the video speaks for itself.

Mr Big (the Merc driver) shouts at the woman to move her car and when she hesitates he beats and kicks her and her female friend.

What a fine Thai character!

http://mgr.manager.co.th/Home/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9560000023059

If I got it right, he is supposed to be a professor at the law faculty at Ramkhamhaeng university.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I witnessed one of the ugliest things I've ever seen not too long ago in Pattaya.

Farang driving a pick-up truck with his butt-ugly former bargirl of a wife with him.

He cuts a pretty young Thai girl riding a Vespa off in traffic, nearly running her off the road. She gives him the finger.

At the next traffic light, farang gets out of his car, walks around to the girl's bike, and slaps the Thai girl in the face with his full force -- nearly knocking her off of the bike. This was not a little slap, more like a huge wallop.

Luckily, the local motoboys were also witness to this and surrounded the farang's car until the cops came to charge him with assault.

A fine farang character.

I hope whatever the resolution was that it cost him dearly.

Edited by NewlyMintedThai
  • Like 2

I saw this video on facebook - the guy apparently claims he is a police officer, but comments suggested that he was 'faking' power...

It looks to me as though the issue was that he refused to reverse his car 5 meters to allow the van to pass instead insisting that the van reverse a long way back.

I've actually been involved in a similar situation myself and was incredulous at the other arrogant driver who refused to reverse back two meters until I wound down my window and asked why he couldn't reverse just 2 meters. I was doing 3 point turn in a sub soi so as he pulled right up to the noise of my car it was impossible for me to movie either forwards or backwards, all he needed to do was stop 5 meters before me, but instead drove his car right up to my nose and created a problem out of thin air - Much in the same way this guy has appeared to do in this video...

It's great to shame these stupid idiots so publicly. But, the further issues as I see it is that none of his mates will be calling him a dick, they'll be patting him on the back thus reinforcing his arrogance.

• Like 1

Silly place to park. Merc-man is a bit of a knob though.

Were they parking? or attempting to drive through and came nose to nose with merc-man ?

Merc man refused to back up one meter to allow the girls exit on the small soi. So, after kicking the crap out of the little girl, he makes them back all the way back down the narrow soi until he arrives at his house. On his house it is written that he is a police department personnel - a teacher of police. classy guy...

I witnessed one of the ugliest things I've ever seen not too long ago in Pattaya.

Farang driving a pick-up truck with his butt-ugly former bargirl of a wife with him.

He cuts a pretty young Thai girl riding a Vespa off in traffic, nearly running her off the road. She gives him the finger.

At the next traffic light, farang gets out of his car, walks around to the girl's bike, and slaps the Thai girl in the face with his full force -- nearly knocking her off of the bike. This was not a little slap, more like a huge wallop.

Luckily, the local motoboys were also witness to this and surrounded the farang's car until the cops came to charge him with assault.

A fine farang character.

Certainly not condoning his behaviour, but giving the finger to a Thai could get you shot, or seriously bashed.

Edited by giddyup

A fine farang character.

Certainly not condoning his behaviour, but giving the finger to a Thai could get you shot, or seriously bashed.

...or to a farang.

I think richard_smith237 has it correct. The guy refuses to reverse a couple of meters to let them out, and beats them to make them reverse 50+ meters instead.

Apparently he's not actually police and is some kind of mafia related sort, in which case I can't imagine he'd care much who saw him beating these women...in fact probably good for his rep. in that kind of world.

Can't imagine the police will do anything about this clearly documented assault either though.

I find these kind of situations come up a lot here. In my mind whoever has the shortest/easiest distant to reverse, should be the one to reverse; I've found many Thais do not seem to think this way.

Agree with TommoPhysicist, the best course of action when confronted with a non-reversing douche is to wait them out, unless of course a weapon (gun, stick, knife etc..) appears then you best be popping it into reverse.

Edited by dave111223

I find these kind of situations come up a lot here. In my mind whoever has the shortest/easiest distant to reverse, should be the one to reverse; I've found many Thais do not seem to think this way.

The least important person is expected to reverse.

That often translates to cheapest, oldest car reverses.

That often translates to cheapest, oldest car reverses.

What if I have a really crap car but a paid way too much for it?

• Like 1

So, Farangs should always reverse ?

A fine farang character.

Close to Pattaya or in the outer areas of it, wife driving a bit too slow, because she does not know which line we need to go.

Farang overpass on the left side, honk, adjust the speed to her speed on the side, shows her the finger and speeds away. She got crazy, and decided to ram him.

He new SUV, we old Volvo (a heavy iron pig, don't know the model, with a lot elkpower).

I could calm her down before we really ram him.

• Like 1