Time Share Touts

IrishIvan

I CAN'T believe anyone falls for this, especially Brits. We had endless stories, articles & TV reports regarding this same thing in the 80's from Spain. Here we are 20 yrs, or so, later the same scam, probably the same people (I know for a fact 2 of them ARE from the Cosat del ripoff) and they are still collecting people!

The funny part is that these idiots telling people it's timeshare etc.don't realise that all these resorts,just like on the Costa del Crime,Tenerife and other places all have security teams working for them!

Big,steroided-up monsters who will at some point rip off their faces quite happily for blowing out there prospective clients and dinner tickets!They won't be so smug boasting about it on here once that happens!

So people giving their honest opinions need to be busted up?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I CAN'T believe anyone falls for this, especially Brits. We had endless stories, articles & TV reports regarding this same thing in the 80's from Spain. Here we are 20 yrs, or so, later the same scam, probably the same people (I know for a fact 2 of them ARE from the Cosat del ripoff) and they are still collecting people!

The funny part is that these idiots telling people it's timeshare etc.don't realise that all these resorts,just like on the Costa del Crime,Tenerife and other places all have security teams working for them!

Big,steroided-up monsters who will at some point rip off their faces quite happily for blowing out there prospective clients and dinner tickets!They won't be so smug boasting about it on here once that happens!

Not to mention in his other post he tells us how above board it is and how good.. a business like that does not need enforcers.. only shady ripoffs need it.

Not to mention in his other post he tells us how above board it is and how good.. a business like that does not need enforcers.. only shady ripoffs need it.

If you believe any business is black and white then you really know nothing about business,my point is the system is a good one and the product,it's the marketing that people complain about,you need to try to separate the two!

I do not think any regular posters on this forum get caught out by timeshare people

When i see tourists trapped by them on the street i tell the tourists what is going on and they walk away with a smile on there faces

The time share people do not smile, who cares they are just con-men working without a work permit

• Like 1

Well the new one in Kata, Club Tropical, lasted all of 2 months before being shut down by the police.

Obviously not paying associating with the right people.

They had a big party with some military generals when they opened. I was told by one of them that it was more important to have military connections than police. I guess he was mistaken. Last I heard they were moving to Patong. Strange because they also told me they had a 9 year lease on the building.

Well the new one in Kata, Club Tropical, lasted all of 2 months before being shut down by the police.

Obviously not paying associating with the right people.

They had a big party with some military generals when they opened. I was told by one of them that it was more important to have military connections than police. I guess he was mistaken. Last I heard they were moving to Patong. Strange because they also told me they had a 9 year lease on the building.

Joe, I just noticed the other day a Club Tropical office across from Rick'n Rolls above the Margherita Pizza place. Are they in business there or is that now vacated?

"Honest business does not need thugs to enforce it, you seem to have killed your own argument and are backpeddeling."

Hardly,they don't all have thugs but I know the ones in Phuket do,maybe not all?Many resorts just work with fly-bys,the people get a free holiday to take a tour and it's all in-house.
As for the idiots on here saying that they get hassled and pitched,these resorts have massive lists of qualifications for a paid 'UP',like home owners so that finance can be secured and residents just don't qualify.If you're sick of being stopped just tell them you live here,simple!

Why don't you go and stand next to the jet-ski scammers and tell all their customers the truth,see what happens then?

Why don't you go and stand next to the jet-ski scammers and tell all their customers the truth,see what happens then?

Because they don't harras innocent people walking in the street, some of them may scam people, but only those interested in the activity offered. The timeshare touts on the other hand are lying, cheating, harrasing nearly everybody, rude, etc. etc. And don't misunderstand me, I am not warning anybody in a negative way, only informing the tourists this is timeshare sales. Up to them what they do with it.

That just about sums it up - time share touts and jet ski scammers same same!!!

Because they don't harras innocent people walking in the street, some of them may scam people, but only those interested in the activity offered. The timeshare touts on the other hand are lying, cheating, harrasing nearly everybody, rude, etc. etc. And don't misunderstand me, I am not warning anybody in a negative way, only informing the tourists this is timeshare sales. Up to them what they do with it.

Well,don't say I didn't warn you when the inevitable happens,I've seen it happen many,many times back in Europe.If you can't mind your own business you are asking for it!

Well,don't say I didn't warn you when the inevitable happens,I've seen it happen many,many times back in Europe.If you can't mind your own business you are asking for it!

blink.png

I'm not asking for anything, except that people are able to walk on the street without being harassed by scum telling them lies.

And yes, it is my business that people can walk undisturbed, so I am minding my own business by informing them what is happening.

• Like 2

I'm not asking for anything, except that people are able to walk on the street without being harassed by scum telling them lies.

And yes, it is my business that people can walk undisturbed, so I am minding my own business by informing them what is happening.

I couldn't care less about people getting ripped off with timeshare. Its the approach I dont like. Thats why I recommend that people ask these touts for a work permit

I couldn't care less about people getting ripped off with timeshare. Its the approach I dont like. Thats why I recommend that people ask these touts for a work permit

They are obviously paying enough tea money to the police,why do they need work permits?They are also helping the economy in Phuket,by bringing timeshare owners back to Phuket year after year,unless they use the exchange system!

It's not your country 'Irish Ivan',so if you don't like it here's a solution...go home!

They are obviously paying enough tea money to the police,why do they need work permits?They are also helping the economy in Phuket,by bringing timeshare owners back to Phuket year after year,unless they use the exchange system!

It's not your country 'Irish Ivan',so if you don't like it here's a solution...go home!

Maybe because they are working here?

You don't work for the Thai Govt so not your business,if you don't like the way the Phuket Govt operates...go home!

You don't work for the Thai Govt so not your business,if you don't like the way the Phuket Govt operates...go home!

But the Thai government requires workpermits, just some rogue officers let them get away without having one.

But the Thai government requires workpermits, just some rogue officers let them get away without having one.

For Thais,why?

Nah I think I will stay. Its actually great fun asking these desperados for work permits. If they reach the point in their life that they have to stoop to selling timeshare, perhaps they should be going home. Shoot me in the head if I ever get that desperate.

Absolute have a very lucrative and successful business selling timeshare,that is what you can't stand that they are far more successful than you will ever be,it's simply jealousy and nothing more!

They employ many Thai workers and pay their dues to the Phuket Govt.The people that buy timeshare come back year after year and help out the local economy,that's how timeshare works!

There is nothing about their business model that justifies you calling them 'scum',you are just very bitter at their continued success but I doubt very much that they are bothered about you!

Nah I think I will stay. Its actually great fun asking these desperados for work permits. If they reach the point in their life that they have to stoop to selling timeshare, perhaps they should be going home. Shoot me in the head if I ever get that desperate.

And pray tell me why Thai OPCs ('touts') need work permits?Do you not have a clear grasp of employment laws here?

They probably make more money than you do,including the Thais.I hope your street noodles don't taste too bitter there!

So if its so lucrative why isnt everyone doing it? Hang on give me 5 mins I'll just ring up work and let them know I am embarking on a new and more rewarding career

Absolute have a very lucrative and successful business selling timeshare,that is what you can't stand that they are far more successful than you will ever be,it's simply jealousy and nothing more!

They employ many Thai workers and pay their dues to the Phuket Govt.The people that buy timeshare come back year after year and help out the local economy,that's how timeshare works!

There is nothing about their business model that justifies you calling them 'scum',you are just very bitter at their continued success but I doubt very much that they are bothered about you!

As mentioned many times already, I don't mind the product, although it is not for me.

What I do mind is the way they are selling it, with lie after lie after lie, harassment, etc. So yes, there is something about the businessmodel that justifies calling them scum, look at all the complaints about the touts on travel sites like Tripadvisor.

They have stopped harassing people in the general area of my shop, so I do think that they are bothered about me.

Oh, and thanks for the psycho analysis, but you'd better stick to selling timeshare, you're too far of the mark for any success in that field.

Edited by stevenl

As mentioned many times already, I don't mind the product, although it is not for me.

What I do mind is the way they are selling it, with lie after lie after lie, harassment, etc. So yes, there is something about the businessmodel that justifies calling them scum, look at all the complaints about the touts on travel sites like Tripadvisor.

They have stopped harassing people in the general area of my shop, so I do think that they are bothered about me.

Oh, and thanks for the psycho analysis, but you'd better stick to selling timeshare, you're too far of the mark for any success in that field.

I don't sell timeshare,I used to 20 years ago and it opened many doors for me.That's why I'm not moaning on an expat forum about my failing business!