Police Bust Russian Gang On Samui

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! Don't forget that the Russians (communists) were the sworn enemies of the Western Civilization...

russia-001.jpg

I thought YOU said

>And don't transform quickly this thread in a Russian bashing one.

irony

noun \ˈī-rə-nē also ˈī(-ə)r-nē\

plural iro·nies

a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony

I think that due to communists no working they ate only into cash now

I recently did a Visa-run from Ranong to the 'Andaman Club'. This meant a ferry-trip to the island. On entering the Andaman ferry there's the usual rows of seats..plenty of room, but a left turn thru' the bulkhead door & you're in the 'lounge' with comfortable long bench-type seats around the perimeter of the room.

Well the 5 Russians in front of me darted thru' the door & instantly kicked-up their legs & laid full-length on theses long seats to use them as loungers..ignorant tw*ts!..the mood made worse by their sneers directed at any other passengers that popped their heads thru' the door checking for available seats..these 5 had taken up ALL the seating area within this 'Lounge'..& the poor old Thai man in charge on the vessel knew better than to go in & challenge them.. this was my 1st encounter with this (new) calibre of tourist I'd heard so,so many rumours about.

i would have snapped thjeir necks in 2

i remeber an encounter i had with them in bangkok air port.

2 of them were quing in immigration. then when the 2 ladies got near the front about 13 pf them came and pushed in and said that they were with the 2 women. now i was in the que opposite but i was not having this as some people could miss their flights because of it. anyway a distubance happened invling me shouting and pushiung. aiprot security got invloved. everyone else in the ques to my side including thai peopl and they wqree sent to the back. i turned round snarring at them the whole time....

Edited by BigC

Well, lots of Russians programmers, designers and other types of high educated freelancers have been living on Samui for a long time.

They are usually polite young people and since they are working here, you will not meet them daily in a bar. Judging about the whole country by looking at its most noisy citizens is not very good idea, I think.

Yep, your right on there... one of the best comment here yet! Know several like this, really nice people! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Well, lots of Russians programmers, designers and other types of high educated freelancers have been living on Samui for a long time.

They are usually polite young people and since they are working here, you will not meet them daily in a bar. Judging about the whole country by looking at its most noisy citizens is not very good idea, I think.

Yep, your right on there... one of the best comment here yet! Know several like this, really nice people! thumbsup.gif

+1 thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The russian residents that ive met on Samui have all been reasonably pleasant people and i think people should stop generalizing and creating stereotypes.

But, if we can back to this fantastic story. Has anyone heard anything to substantiate claims that a person sound of mind should take any of it remotely seriously?

Us British people who bought land here years ago should try to avoid selling out to keep the Island balanced

As it might be tempting to sell out to the Russians but if we hold out ground then they shall only be tourists

Good luck

The russian residents that ive met on Samui have all been reasonably pleasant people and i think people should stop generalizing and creating stereotypes.

But, if we can back to this fantastic story. Has anyone heard anything to substantiate claims that a person sound of mind should take any of it remotely seriously?

The two victims were at the Nathon police 'station' to give their statements on Friday. All I heard is that they were kept in a house somewhere for a week and the ransom demand was 1,3 or 1,6 Mio.

Agreed - but sadly these nice people seem to be in the tiny minority and you meet 100 of the others for every one of these.

R

Agreed - but sadly these nice people seem to be in the tiny minority and you meet 100 of the others for every one of these.

R

Well easy enough usually to avoid the other 99 people, thank goodness! (regardless of where they come from) ! Edited by PoorSucker
quote fixed
  • Like 2

I do not want to sound racist here. But, how many people are running into Russian tourists here in Thailand, that have redeeming qualities? I constantly meet surly, grouchy, unfriendly, Cossack style Russians, where ever I go. Whether it be Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, or Bangkok, the level of Russians I am running into is scary. Are all Russians like this? They are some pretty icy, rude, loud, arrogant people, without much in the way of redeeming qualities, from my point of view. Am I missing something here? I realize that nearly their entire current wealth is due to ransacking Siberia in the 16-17th centuries, and killing and maiming millions for the sake of the acquisition of fur. In the process they acquired (if rape, and murder is an appropriate way to acquire) an enormous territory, which now constitutes 90% of their natural gas, and 80% or their oil production, not to mention diamonds, gold, etc. But, are there no cultures Russians these days? They are not a pleasant addition to the landscape here in the LOS. Anybody agree? Or disagree?

I heard someone said they were from Ukraine.

Edited by Sadko

I do not want to sound racist here. But, how many people are running into Russian tourists here in Thailand, that have redeeming qualities? I constantly meet surly, grouchy, unfriendly, Cossack style Russians, where ever I go. Whether it be Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, or Bangkok, the level of Russians I am running into is scary. Are all Russians like this? They are some pretty icy, rude, loud, arrogant people, without much in the way of redeeming qualities, from my point of view. Am I missing something here? I realize that nearly their entire current wealth is due to ransacking Siberia in the 16-17th centuries, and killing and maiming millions for the sake of the acquisition of fur. In the process they acquired (if rape, and murder is an appropriate way to acquire) an enormous territory, which now constitutes 90% of their natural gas, and 80% or their oil production, not to mention diamonds, gold, etc. But, are there no cultures Russians these days? They are not a pleasant addition to the landscape here in the LOS. Anybody agree? Or disagree?

I heard someone said they were from Ukraine.

at least someone knows what there talking about

Edited by BangrakBob

Maybe it's time the Thai Government rethinks it's visa policy for Russians?

While they're at it, they could do the same with the French cheesy.gif

Seriously, there are some problems with the french? I am french but don't worry. I like nice ones, and hope bad ones will go into jail or in France :-)

• Like 1

I have been away for a few months and I am shocked at the number of Russian and eastern Europeans here on Samui now. It's unbelievable; they are literally everywhere. I suppose it stands to reason that some bad apples will be here too.

I wonder what this influx will mean in the longer term. I already heard one person at a restaruant ask if they had a menu in Russian. Given that they seem to be behind almost every other nationality with their English-language skills, this may be necessary, but I can't imagine it from other nationalites. "Do you have an Italian menu?" French? German? Chinese?

By the way, is it possible that the Russian mobsters will "out mafia" the local gangs?

I have been away for a few months and I am shocked at the number of Russian and eastern Europeans here on Samui now. It's unbelievable; they are literally everywhere. I suppose it stands to reason that some bad apples will be here too.

I wonder what this influx will mean in the longer term. I already heard one person at a restaruant ask if they had a menu in Russian. Given that they seem to be behind almost every other nationality with their English-language skills, this may be necessary, but I can't imagine it from other nationalites. "Do you have an Italian menu?" French? German? Chinese?

By the way, is it possible that the Russian mobsters will "out mafia" the local gangs?

Funny thing is that i know there a re loads of differetn peopl here but i never see them as i hardly go out

when i do it is to the same places plus most of my friends are thai, few enmglish but mainly i am a big c so people tenmd to avoid me which is fine )))) because sometimes i chop peoples limbs off )))

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those Russian girls outside Galaxy seem very friendly. They always invite me for a drink whenever I walk past. :-)

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to the Mail Online, but there is an article there today 24th March entitled:

"Girls, dirty money and the fall of Russia's playground in the sun".

Don't worry, it's not Samui.

• Like 2

Just some humor nothing else intended.

i like russian mafia. the make the world i nice and dangerous place.

Someone predicted this would happen on thia visa a few years ago about the mafia on samui. They said that at the time it was a mafia play ground but as samui gets richer it ight attract some more international gangsters. Well i might track this person down and ask hi where i should invest my next bit of mmoney .............

Those Russian girls outside Galaxy seem very friendly. They always invite me for a drink whenever I walk past. :-)

Sounds like I should strap on the old buffalo and ride down to see what the young ones are talking about. smiley-char124.gif

• Like 1