New Reports Acquits Hit And Run Driver That Killed Four Swedes In Thailand

webfact

This is just one small reason why Thailand will continue to be a 3rd world country talking and acting like they are a 1st rate country! One wonders how many other Thai drivers get away each day with murder to foreigners? They continue to talk as if they are doing something when it is clear it's nothing but smoke and mirror!

All country should put out a alert that Thailand is not the LOS!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the thais seeking more bad publicity in the international media. I think some media agencies are going to have a field day with this.

A guy who obviously by reports was driving an unsafe motor vehicle kills 5 people and then flees the scene leaving the victims like a bit of road kill on the side of the road.

I know in Australia simply fleeing such a scene regardless if it was 1 or 5 victims the person would be doing jail time. Also the victims nationality or social standing would have no bearing on sentencing a life is a life.

If the vehicle had mechanical problems then the CEO of the company would also be facing charges. (yes I know that is Aust) just saying.

hogwash

Edited by diddums

They found out the wheel was loose and this was the cause of the accident. Couldnt the wheel became loose or off in the crash?

They found out the wheel was loose and this was the cause of the accident. Couldnt the wheel became loose or off in the crash?

Of course the wheel fell off.

Edited by heiwa

>They found out the wheel was loose and this was the cause of the accident. Couldnt the wheel became loose or off in the crash?

Im aware it came off! But how do they know if came off before? It could of came off in the impact of the crash!

Are the thais seeking more bad publicity in the international media. I think some media agencies are going to have a field day with this.

A guy who obviously by reports was driving an unsafe motor vehicle kills 5 people and then flees the scene leaving the victims like a bit of road kill on the side of the road.

I know in Australia simply fleeing such a scene regardless if it was 1 or 5 victims the person would be doing jail time. Also the victims nationality or social standing would have no bearing on sentencing a life is a life.

If the vehicle had mechanical problems then the CEO of the company would also be facing charges. (yes I know that is Aust) just saying.

hogwash

Reallysmile.png

It appears the Swedes were at fault for taking an illegal taxi. Case closed.

Yes, unbelievably bad reporting, not just bad but criminally biased in my opinion.

Why are the authorities letting tourists take illegal taxis? Why is there not a crackdown?

Tourists should be aware that if they (unknowingly) take an illegal taxi and someone recklessly kills them, they will be blamed for the accident for having taken an illegal taxi.

Shame on you Thailand and Thai people; sort out your journalists and stop blaming foreigners for YOUR shortcomings and negligence.

Agree about Thai journalism but, in this case, the story quoted is from a Swedish journal in Asia. The reporter is Anders Holm Neilsen.

Yes, you are right; knee jerk reaction. It just makes me mad that such an irrevelent fact is presented to make the victims appear questionable.

hogwash

Reallysmile.png

Weally

is the driver not responsable for his his car is maintianed and safe to drive? is there no periodic control of the cars here, in europe the car and trucks undergo periodic controls, and will be removed from the roads if they not pass. but anyway , the driver of a car is responsable for the car is safe to drive, and if a wheel falls off, due to some loose wheel nuts or things like that, the driver must be hold responsable.

It is a requirement that motor vehicles be inspected every year, Before a vehicle can be registered it be inspected by an authorized station and insurance paid. This does not insure that it is done. every country has laws and regulations but if they are not inforced, things happen.

How dare you come to Thailand and impose your belief system upon Thai people. From the view of Thainess it was destiny that these kids had to die so there is no need to change laws or have policing. There is only one law in Thailand. It is the karmic caste system. The use of law is only in place to pay lip service to whinging farang who just don't get. Thais don't want to be farang. And they see their law of caste karma as the real mc coy genuine system. Is very arrogant for you to come to Thailand and say that law and order and policing is preferable to the caste karma system. If you want law and order go back to the West.

Thais dont want to be Farang! Wonder why they are all using these whitening creams and heading to the plastic surgeon for a Farang nose. Guess they just dont want to adopt our policing and justice system, just the superfical and cosumerism traits!

There destiny to die? Did they cause the crash? NO!! We are told a faulty wheel was the cause. How they know that it happened before the crash and not on impact is anyone's guess.

As for your statement on the caste karma system. Well what can i say? What an evil and aberrant statement. How a religious ideoligy that has no proof to back up its belief be compared to a system of justice .

You clearly fail to understand Thainess. Thai people are much higher in the caste system so how could it be the fault of Thai. Lord Buddha has rightly delivered their death for their past transgressions. If you find this abhorrent why do you stay? Its an act of duplicity to stay here and disagree with the culture, religion and concept of Thainess. Woudn't it be better for you to go home?

How do you know what Lord Buddha did? Do you have your own personal hotline to him? These Swedish people are not Buddist so he has no control over their life. My problem is a belief made by Buddism, not with Thai culture! Culture and Religion are not the same! It is not an act of duplicity to stay here and disagree with a thought on religion. After all there is no proof that ANY religion is true!

Your belief that if i dont agree with everything then i shouldnt be here. Guess you dont believe in Democracy or freedom of speech right?

>They found out the wheel was loose and this was the cause of the accident. Couldnt the wheel became loose or off in the

crash?

Im aware it came off! But how do they know if came off before? It could of came off in the impact of the crash!

That would be fairly easy to prove - if anyone actually wanted to. The truck obviously travelled quite a distance after the wheel allegedly fell off, and I guarantee that tyre marks on the grass and the road from a 3 wheel truck are very different from those of a 4 wheel truck.

Further, the normal reaction to losing a tyre is to brake, which would make the tyre marks even more clear, however, the driver in question for some reason seems to have travelled quite a distance after losing his wheel before managing to brake and stop his truck, which is weird as according to the police he was neither asleep nor speeding. Anyway, the respective locations of the wheel and the truck would also tell if the wheel fell off at impact or long before.

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to solve this mystery, however you probably do have to be smarter or less corrupt than a Thai police "investigator".

• Like 2

is the driver not responsable for his his car is maintianed and safe to drive? is there no periodic control of the cars here, in europe the car and trucks undergo periodic controls, and will be removed from the roads if they not pass. but anyway , the driver of a car is responsable for the car is safe to drive, and if a wheel falls off, due to some loose wheel nuts or things like that, the driver must be hold responsable.

It is a requirement that motor vehicles be inspected every year, Before a vehicle can be registered it be inspected by an authorized station and insurance paid. This does not insure that it is done. every country has laws and regulations but if they are not inforced, things happen.

Did not even know they had this.....never been asked in 5 years of having a car.

There are no laws regarding the likes of MOT testing or WOF testing. (warrant of fittness) that we have in New Zealand which must be done every 6 months and big fines if you are caught without the test cert on your screen. Smoke detecting tests would be good in Thailand.

Did not even know they had this.....never been asked in 5 years of having a car.

Yes that is true, every year before we pay our rego we have to take it to an authorised station and get a certificate, then go and pay the rego normally at a post office or other government agency. Won't renew without it, well in chiangmai they wont. There is an inspection place across the road from the airport plaza where we do our requirement.

It is a requirement that motor vehicles be inspected every year

Not in Thailand. Only if the vehicle is older then 7 years old is it required. I'm referring to cars, not certain about trucks but would hope they would be more stringent.

Yes that is true, every year before we pay our rego we have to take it to an authorised station and get a certificate, then go and pay the rego normally at a post office or other government agency. Won't renew without it, well in chiangmai they wont. There is an inspection place across the road from the airport plaza where we do our requirement.

Seriously....never been mentioned here with 5 renewals now.....we just go in and pay and get the rego docs back.

My guess is that the wheel was still on the truck after the accident and still is on the truck today. It only fell off in the police report! :-)

Clearly you don't know how things work around here. A spanner can take a wheel off after an accident. We are in AMAZING THAILAND and farang is lowest caste scum. anything can happen and thats why I live in New Zealand. Seen too many people strangled and hung up with shoe laces. Thailand absoltuely scares me. Happy to have escaped alive.

I complety understand what Thailand is about! My belief will have no bearing on the outcome of this or any other Thai law. This does not mean i cannot have an opinion on this or any other subject regarding Thai society on a forum without someone telling me i should go home if i dont like it.

I dont like many things in my own country, maybe thats why i choose to live here.

Not sure if you got burnt here or not but you have a very negative view to Thailand. It not paradise here and there are many injustices but overall im happy!

My guess is that the wheel was still on the truck after the accident and still is on the truck today. It only fell off in the police report! :-)

Clearly you don't know how things work around here. A spanner can take a wheel off after an accident. We are in AMAZING THAILAND and farang is lowest caste scum. anything can happen and thats why I live in New Zealand. Seen too many people strangled and hung up with shoe laces. Thailand absoltuely scares me. Happy to have escaped alive.

I complety understand what Thailand is about! My belief will have no bearing on the outcome of this or any other Thai law. This does not mean i cannot have an opinion on this or any other subject regarding Thai society on a forum without someone telling me i should go home if i dont like it.

I dont like many things in my own country, maybe thats why i choose to live here.

Not sure if you got burnt here or not but you have a very negative view to Thailand. It not paradise here and there are many injustices but overall im happy!

Don't feed the troll :-)

I am sure the truck driver will have paid his dues to the

appropriate Police concerned with the prosecution of this case, and now it will

bring it all to a closure and he can get back behind the wheel of a truck tomorrow

and forget about everything that happened in the past and learn by his mistakes.

Mechanical fault or not, the driver still fled the scene of the accident. Surely that on its own deserves some prison time.

The headline reads "New reports acquits hit and run driver that killed four Swedes" by Anders Holm Nielsen. There was a fifth person killed, the person driving the Swedes, but he doesn't seem to rate such a mention, maybe because he was only Thai.

Reminds me of the Huckleberry Finn story, when there was a paddlesteamer accident, and someone asked Huck if there were any fatalities. Huck replied something like "No-one hurt, but a nigger was killed."

He got two years, served some time and has now been released.

The illegal taxi driver's demise was mentioned in the body of the report. The whole report cannot be put in the headline, can it?

It appears the Swedes were at fault for taking an illegal taxi. Case closed.

Yes, unbelievably bad reporting, not just bad but criminally biased in my opinion.

Why are the authorities letting tourists take illegal taxis? Why is there not a crackdown?

Tourists should be aware that if they (unknowingly) take an illegal taxi and someone recklessly kills them, they will be blamed for the accident for having taken an illegal taxi.

Shame on you Thailand and Thai people; sort out your journalists and stop blaming foreigners for YOUR shortcomings and negligence.

Shame on you for not reading, or just disregarding the report. The Swedes were not blamed for the accident, mechanical failure was.

The truck driver did jail time.