Un Calls For Investigation Into Death Of Palestinian Under Israeli Detention

News_Editor

Sure, investigate it. Israel's legit beef with the UN is the obvious lack of balance in their actions against Israel compared to many other much worse global offenders.

to behave as a primitive society and, at the same time, constantly portraying itself as a civilized nation gets old

To constantly single out, take special pains to DEMONIZE tiny Israel as the main country in the world which doesn't live up to it's best ideals (totally out of balance with the rest of the world) gets VERY old. Yes the U.N. does that. If the U.N. wants more credibility on their quite often legitimate criticisms of Israel they had best look at the out of whack lack of balance issue.

Edited by Jingthing

"The ministry said the findings of the autopsy to date, including the bruises and the broken ribs, were “characteristic findings of a resuscitation, which the medical crew from the Israel Prison Service and Magen David Adom engaged in for 50 minutes in an effort to save his life.”

He had a total of 6 broken bones. The 3 broken ribs were from an attempt at resuscitation. I guess it is possible but I would say unlikely.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/death-of-palestinian-in-israeli-jail-not-due-to-abuse-or-poisoning-autopsy-finds-1.506486

OK, let's break this down.

There was a suspicious death of a Palestinian prisoner of Israel.

The Israeli investigators say the man wasn't murdered.

The Palestinians with an opinion by no actual direct access to evidence say he was murdered.

The U.N. and the Palestinians demand an inquiry from an authority the Palestinians would trust as they will never trust the Israelis about anything (and why should they, the feeling is mutual).

The Israelis won't agree to that.

Have I got that right?

So what now? It sounds tragic but I question the amount of attention on this one case.

Edited by Jingthing

"The United Nations remains concerned about the deteriorating health of Palestinian detainees on hunger strike",

Maybe someone should tell the detainees that going on a hunger strike is detrimental to their health.

The food is there, probably lots of it........they are free to choose.

For those interested in the matter of Israeli use of intelligence services, torture and assassinations a documentary called "The Gatekeepers" provides insight by interviewing six former heads of Shin Bet.

A quote from a review; source http://www.npr.org/2013/02/28/172706218/the-gatekeepers-offer-candid-assessment-of-israels-security

"What is striking is that all articulate their shared conviction that the continued Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories will not lead to peace or a political solution for the future of the state of Israel"

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

In the link posted earlier is the complete PDF version of the autopsy. I don't know if it was translated to English from Hebrew or Arabic but it doesn't really matter. It is thorough and witnessed by both sides of the argument. There is no evidence of a heart problem as originally reported.

http://www.stoptorture.org.il/files/PCATI_eng_web.pdf this reference talks to over 700 reports of torture which have been reported since 2001. All 700 were inconclusive or otherwise dismissed.

I seriously don't care if this guy was tortured, I only care that we are trying to sweep it under the rug as we have apparently done with many the last 700 or so. That will insure everlasting terror. If we oppose terror, we must take these investigations seriously IMO.

Perhaps Israel might take a bit more notice of the U.N when it ceases to act like a politically motivated circus and investigates alleged transgressions by all member states with equal zeal. Google is your friend, these sort of incidents happen almost on a daily basis, such as the Nigerian who died in Chinese police custody. I wonder how many times the U.N saw fit to investigate, let alone a doctor of the same nationality of the deceased being present at the autopsy.

Still it allows leftists to salivate like Pavlov's dog, which is what this is all about at the end of the day.

Do you believe Israel is also justified when it repeatedly ignores the continual condemnation by Amnesty International?

I dont believe you can say AI is political ?

Edited by midas
  • Like 1

Perhaps Israel might take a bit more notice of the U.N when it ceases to act like a politically motivated circus and investigates alleged transgressions by all member states with equal zeal. Google is your friend, these sort of incidents happen almost on a daily basis, such as the Nigerian who died in Chinese police custody. I wonder how many times the U.N saw fit to investigate, let alone a doctor of the same nationality of the deceased being present at the autopsy.

Still it allows leftists to salivate like Pavlov's dog, which is what this is all about at the end of the day.

Do you believe Israel is also justified when it repeatedly ignores the continual condemnation by Amnesty International?

Wanna bet?

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/amnesty_international

AI disproportionately singles out Israel for condemnation, focusing solely on the conflict with the Palestinians, misrepresenting the complexity of the conflict, and ignoring more severe human rights violations in the region.

Wanna bet?

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/amnesty_international

>AI disproportionately singles out Israel for condemnation, focusing solely on the conflict with the Palestinians, misrepresenting the complexity of the conflict, and ignoring more severe human rights violations in the region.

NGO Monitor is focused as a propaganda organisation protecting Israeli interests. Look at their website they also attack Human Rights Watch and any organisation critical of Israeli security practices.

An inflammatory post has been deleted. Please limit your discussion to the OP.

Some posters put a fair amount of effort into their posts and it's a shame to see them deleted.

Keep the discussion civil.