Thai Post At It Again ?

fredob43

My Thai wife has just had her birthday several friend's sent card's to her from England nothing in side except the card's and would you believe it not one has arrived. I know it's not any major loss but it would have been nice to know that the Thai post was not still at it. Just a head's up if anyone is thinking of sending anything via them from abroad.

When have the cards been sent?

Have they clearly been marked and paid as airmail?

Is the adress correct incl. ZIP code, Amphoe and Tambon?

Most of the delays in the post delivery have their reasons in Europe.

Avarage time to sent an airmail letter from Thailand to Germany: about 13 days.

Most of it spent at the German airport.

• Like 1

They have hundreds of different delivery services, i posted a 500gram letter parcel to the UK yesterday costing 140 baht. Now if I had taken there quickest safest rate it would have cost me 1550 baht.

The letter wasn't important and he even told me it could take a month, I wonder if it will even get there blink.png .

Same here, My mam posted some stuff to me last year, food, tea bags, some goodies, to see me through the harsh winter.

Didn't arrive, good job we had tracking number, made an insurance claim, which is irrelevant, we got some money back, would rather have had my little box of goodies.

My sister sent a box over for Xmas, with cards from the family and some more Goodies, sadly that didn't arrive also.

Like many things in Thailand it varies on location etc. Personally never had a problem receiving or sending always arrives in around 14 days if addressed correctly and sent with correct service (airmail) if not it can take 3 months by other means.

never had a bank statement go missing,yet 2debit cards went awol not to bothered about them,but last year some fat p.o.worker stole a dozen pack of xxl underpants,so if anyone knows of a 17stone p.o.worker tell him taff is going about without any pants onlaugh.png

Our local postie has been seen holding letters up to the sun to see what is inside. Lost one replacement credit card and an important DVD with copies of documents. I tell people to send registered post to my PO box, no problems since then.

never had a bank statement go missing,yet 2debit cards went awol not to bothered about them,but last year some fat p.o.worker stole a dozen pack of xxl underpants,so if anyone knows of a 17stone p.o.worker tell him taff is going about without any pants on:lol:

Thats the new postie that,s taken up para_ sailing................your undies are the sail

• Like 1

Everytime i have sent x-mas cards, B-day cards, they never arrived. Documents that are sent, arrive everytime. All done via normal airmail from Belgium.

So now when i send cards, i send in document envelopes and they arrive. If they believe the envelope has money in, it will go missing. Easier to throw away, than try to explain why the envelope is open.

In the P.I., the post workers/thieves have a special tool to cut a small half moon in the bottom of the envelope. If you blow into it, then you can look inside without opening it. They have been thievin' much longer there so have advanced technology. Through the years I have lost many many items...

I belive it depends on where you stay.

Here in the remote area of the Mae Hong Son Province I didn't miss any cards or letters within the last 7 years.

I agree

I order loads of stuff on ebay havent missed a thing yet. I do tip the postman a bottle of JW red once a year.

I never had any problems in Bangkok with post, always delivered quickly and not tampered with. Since I have lived on Koh Chang, I have had numerous items not arrive, including cards. Also, virtually every time it has something in it, they whack on import duty, so now I just get it sent to my address in Bangkok and collect it form there. Not impressed with Koh Chang Post Office.

When have the cards been sent?

Have they clearly been marked and paid as airmail?

Is the adress correct incl. ZIP code, Amphoe and Tambon?

Most of the delays in the post delivery have their reasons in Europe.

Avarage time to sent an airmail letter from Thailand to Germany: about 13 days.

Most of it spent at the German airport.

Her birthday was 4 week's ago and the card's 5 all from different peep's/places in England were sent at least 4 week's prior to that, the address is correct. As peep's have said all my bank stuff get's here and within two week's it's the bloody robbers in Thailand 100% as stated it was a head's up for anyone that is thinking of sending things via them don't waste you time and monies.

Problem now solved getting my friend's to email the card's and I print them off.

Sad to hear!

Seems very dependent on the location within Thailand.

A mate assures that he has never lost anything (receiving a lot of parcels ever year).

That is in upcountry Khon Kaen province.

Fortunately my registered mails to Germany have made their way so far.

Also receiving few bank letters, letter from pension office, calendar etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ