40 Transsexuals Rounded-Up By Police In South Pattaya

Rimmer

When I walk along Beach Road I often have to take more than one look to pick the LB's from the genuine girls.

How do the Thai police do it so accurately?

Patting down - standard police procedure.

When I walk along Beach Road I often have to take more than one look to pick the LB's from the genuine girls.

The ladyboys giggle when they kiss them.

Edited by DiNiro

If hot babes are robbing -they are correctly classified as thieving whores, but if the sausage brigade robs, and are referred to as thieving homo-whores, the language police rush to their defense, and label people as homophobes - a term created by gays and gay sympathizers, and is not recognized as a disorder by the medical community.

Oh please. Nobody said homophobia is a psychiatric disorder or a phobia like terror about snakes. People who say they don't know the definition or act like the PHOBIA in the word limits the meaning to be about only FEAR are almost always very disingenuous. It is like racism, misogyny, and antisemitism, except directed towards homosexuals. The origin the word homophobia is an interesting academic question but it is a well established word and not likely to be going away.

Yet, this seemingly intentional and stubborn misunderstanding of the word homophobia comes up again, and again, and again, and again. Why is that exactly? It reminds me of people arguing that antisemitism includes Arabs as well, even though it doesn't, not because Arabs aren't semites, but because of the established DEFINITION of the word.

Mirriam Webster Dictionary

>>>

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

You forgot to add...usually espoused by closeted/repressed homosexuals giggle.gif

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Homophobia is alive and well in the "tolerant" Buddhist Land of Broken Smiles!

Homophobia? Isn't that the "battle" against homo's for what they are, not for what they do?

Those 40 "people" are suspected to cause a lot of trouble and crime, THAT's the reason.

And believe me, a katoey, ladyboy or transgender can be very nasty and/or unpredictable.

I can tell, the way they talk and their attitude.

Basil you sound like you know what you are talking about. Do the lady boys who are doctors and lawyers and college professors have the same attitude as the beach road prostitutes?

• Like 2

100 Baht fine?

Aggressive drugged up men, with long hair and big boobs, disguised in women's clothing & make-up, prowling a tourist area in packs, looking to drug & mug visitors?

Predators is what they are.

Like I said, homophobia is alive and well.

Homosexuality is sexism, disguised as a virtue. wink.png How can you speak of homophobia when male coppers arrest individuals of a different gender?

I can tell, the way they talk and their attitude.

Basil you sound like you know what you are talking about. Do the lady boys who are doctors and lawyers and college professors have the same attitude as the beach road prostitutes?

unless they try to pickpocket you the answer is likely no

There is little the police can actually do when they detain them, but there is one thing that has been shown to be effective and that is the mug shot gallery...

We laugh at the 100 baht fines, but each and everyone gets their photos on record which is at least a little bit helpful?? surely?

There is little the police can actually do when they detain them, but there is one thing that has been shown to be effective and that is the mug shot gallery...

We laugh at the 100 baht fines, but each and everyone gets their photos on record which is at least a little bit helpful?? surely?

Effective advertising?

Effective advertising?

False advertising. Bait and switch. There must he some regulations they are breaking?

Imagine going out for a bag of donuts and finding out when you get home they slipped you a bag of sausages.

Effective advertising?

False advertising. Bait and switch. There must he some regulations they are breaking?

Imagine going out for a bag of donuts and finding out when you get home they slipped you a bag of sausages.

Ya, ya, ya. Like someone does not know. Boy have I heard that a lot in the morning; mostly at the buffet at the Lek hotel and they seem to have a healthy apatite.biggrin.png

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Quite a few poster seem keen to take the defense of the LB's, I wonder why rolleyes.gif

If you are referring to me it's because I like lady boys. biggrin.png I think people who don't like lady boys are missing out on a large part of Thai culture. It's not like they don't have lady boys in other countries but not as many and in so many different jobs and places. Doctors, dentists, sales clerks and beauty shop owners along with teachers and college professors. Lady boys are not a thing. They are people. Good and bad. If you hang out in hooker areas you get to meet a lot of bad people, real girl people and not real girl people and real customers and not real customers. Up to you. But lady boys are in many other professions in addition to working at the coconut bar.

• Like 1

Homophobia? Isn't that the "battle" against homo's for what they are, not for what they do?

Those 40 "people" are suspected to cause a lot of trouble and crime, THAT's the reason.

And believe me, a katoey, ladyboy or transgender can be very nasty and/or unpredictable.

And this is more so than anyone else?

And this is more so than anyone else?

in the walking street and beach road areas definitely

Read a month of crime news in Pattaya, and tell me there is no link

between lady boys and crime. Clearly the Thai police have come to the

same conclusion, and thus the sweep. A few years ago the police in Chiang

Mai did the exact same thing. The police got tired of lady boys preying

on tourists at 2 in the morning, and did some ineffectual sweeps to try

and stop them.

I could give a flying bleep what people do in their bedrooms, but I do

take it personally when the lady boys keep trying to pick pocket me.

I don't ever go with them, so at least they cannot drug me... :-)

Read a month of crime news in Pattaya, and tell me there is no link

between lady boys and crime. Clearly the Thai police have come to the

same conclusion, and thus the sweep. A few years ago the police in Chiang

Mai did the exact same thing. The police got tired of lady boys preying

on tourists at 2 in the morning, and did some ineffectual sweeps to try

and stop them.

I could give a flying bleep what people do in their bedrooms, but I do

take it personally when the lady boys keep trying to pick pocket me.

I don't ever go with them, so at least they cannot drug me... :-)

I got pick pocketed twice in Pattaya on a Song Tau by two large middle aged women. You are right. I don't go out with large middle aged women any more.smile.png