Paradise Park - Not A Paradise ?

balo

Park Lane ,next to Paradise Park and also developed by Matrix was the same .I bought a unit there and did not get an official meter for at least a year .About 4 months after i got the Chanote and blue book .

Another shock was the transfer and tax costs .The buyer pays 100% and that worked out at B90,000 ,on a Condo i bought for B1,200,000 .

Building quality seemed ok to me except for one near disaster .The Condo was empty for about 6 weeks and the week i came back to check it out there was very heavy rain .The drain in the balcony had blocked and the rain water was coming in to the Condo itself through the bottom of the sliding balcony doors .I returned to the Condo to find it flooded with about an inch of water all around inside .They did sort that out after a few days and several visits to the Condo management office .

Then i rented out the Cond for about a year at B10,000 a month before selling it to a Russian for B1,370,000 (B70,000 of that went to the selling agent as a fee .)

Interesting , thanks for that information .

So you paid double price for a year too , seems to me that Matrix is speculating in this and it's always difficult to get a clear answer from them , I have asked them a lot of questions but they try to avoid the difficult ones.

So did you get your chanote after 4 months or 1 year after you moved in? And yes I was stupid enough to sign an agreement before I moved in that I have to pay all the transfer fees and tax .

I hope to do the same as you , sell the condo to Russians , they are the only one stupid enough to buy .

From memory i think i got the Chanote around 8 months after i took posession of the Condo .Then waited around another 4 months for the government rate electricity .

PS,

Not all Condos are badly managed in Pattaya /Jomtien .I did own another Condo in the quite old Jomtien Beach Condominium for 7 years .I never had any issues there .The yearly fee on a 30sqm Condo was only B3,600 rising before i left to B5,000 ,and it was very well maintained even though its about a 15 year old complex now .

Edited by anto

• 5 months later...

They have built a village for the workers next to Paradise Park and of course my unit is facing the village I have just been so unlucky with the location !

I am used to construction noise but this is much worse ! Today its New Years day , and 8 AM they started to turn on the amplifier and the big loud speakers inside the village , Karaoke and music at maximum volume , the whole condo has been shaking for 12 hours nonstop !

I talked to the guards protecting the village but they could do nothing, well someone must be in charge if this , Matrix probably, they are building all the condos in this area.

I just need to sleep now , went to bed 5 AM and slept for 2 hours before the music exploded in my ears. been 12 hour non stop now !

<deleted>** this place

Advice i was given when i came to live here ,never buy anything that has open land next to it ,never buy a new condo or off plan ,never buy a house off plan ,always buy or rent something that has been around for years,then you know what to expect ,that was an estate agent friend talking.

Advice i was given when i came to live here ,never buy anything that has open land next to it ,never buy a new condo or off plan ,never buy a house off plan ,always buy or rent something that has been around for years,then you know what to expect ,that was an estate agent friend talking.

Smug look at me posts are not going to help poor old Bato are they.

Maybe try being a liittle bit more sensitive?

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Hadnt been to Park Lane for a while, there last week and was shocked how much it has deteriorated. Loose tiles in corridoors, bad smell, lifts a mess and the unit I went to hs definatlly not faired well. Expext PP to be the same soon.

I expect many of the recent developments to end up like this within a few years of completion.

Build quality is generally very low and little attention is paid to making finishes durable. I think that laminate flooring replacement may be a real growth industry in Pattaya in a couple of years' time.

And as for the money that will need to be spent on maintaining these insane swimming pools that cover 90% of the outdoor area, I cant imagine where that will come from.

Yes the swimming pools are huge , but as long as the owners are paying the maintenance fee this should never be a problem. Until the whole place looks looks deserted.

Who owns the swimming pool? The developer ?

At least the excellent advice given may help other people who might otherwise fall into the same trap.

But I do understand that not many estate agents want to hear potential buyers being advised to stay well away from new buildings surrounded by empty plots (you know, those new builds that pay 8% commission to agents when some mug investor buys one).

Pools are part of the building common areas and hence are owned by each unit owner pro-rata. The costs of maintaining them are paid out of the common fees/sinking fund.

Unsold units still belong to the developer and so the developer should be paying the common fees for those unsold units, but it doesnt always seem to work out like that in practice.

Pools are part of the building common areas and hence are owned by each unit owner pro-rata. The costs of maintaining them are paid out of the common fees/sinking fund.

Unsold units still belong to the developer and so the developer should be paying the common fees for those unsold units, but it doesnt always seem to work out like that in practice.

Not necessarily. That is why I asked the question.Sometimes the developer retains the land on which the pool is and mortgages that land, only the unit is transferred.the unit owners think they own the pool , but has anyone really asked..!

• Like 1

At least the excellent advice given may help other people who might otherwise fall into the same trap.

But I do understand that not many estate agents want to hear potential buyers being advised to stay well away from new buildings surrounded by empty plots (you know, those new builds that pay 8% commission to agents when some mug investor buys one).

True enough. I actually owned a condo in Park Lane and after over a year of trying I finally sold the damned thing in July, and for a good price too. I now know that I got extremely lucky, to which I am very grateful. Looking at the state of that area now you haven't got a cat in hells chance of selling a condo there now, even renting it would be diffulcult IMO.

Sensitive? ok ,oh you poor dear ,what a terrible thing to happen to you ,i do hope you get a lovely nights sleep tonight and have such nice dreams . is that sensitive enough? what do you want? ,this is a discussion board , if you want sensative join the ladies knitting circle.

Edited by i claudius

Not necessarily. That is why I asked the question.Sometimes the developer retains the land on which the pool is and mortgages that land, only the unit is transferred.the unit owners think they own the pool , but has anyone really asked..!

Fair enough. That's not a situation that I've ever encountered, or maybe I have but wasn't aware of it?

Looking at the state of that area now you haven't got a cat in hells chance of selling a condo there now, even renting it would be diffulcult IMO.

I drove up Watboon yesterday and was surprised by the number of rooms in Paradise Park that were clearly occupied, with towels etc hanging on practically all the balconies visible from the road. Maybe just the high season effect.

Looking at the state of that area now you haven't got a cat in hells chance of selling a condo there now, even renting it would be diffulcult IMO.

I drove up Watboon yesterday and was surprised by the number of rooms in Paradise Park that were clearly occupied, with towels etc hanging on practically all the balconies visible from the road. Maybe just the high season effect.

Yes its high season and Russians are coming here in big numbers to rent for a few weeks or months.

The lucky ones with rooms facing the swimming pool will not be worried about the noise in this area. If I would guess maybe 70% of the rooms here are occupied and 90% of them are Russians.

The lucky ones with rooms facing the swimming pool will not be worried about the noise in this area.

Someone who can put up with the noise emanating from a busy condo swimming pool can probably put up with anything. I certainly cant.

In all the buildings I have looked at here I have specifically ruled out any unit that overlooks the pool or a road.

Sensitive? ok ,oh you poor dear ,what a terrible thing to happen to you ,i do hope you get a lovely nights sleep tonight and have such nice dreams . is that sensitive enough? what do you want? ,this is a discussion board , if you want sensative join the ladies knitting circle.

Erh, I think you are addressing the wrong poster. Apart from that, good post.