Masking Agents

mixdup

Hi I am due to return home in less than 2 weeks and have been informed by a potential employer that they want to conduct a drug test basically as soon as i get back.

I have taken approximately 600-700mg of valium over the past 2 months. What I'm asking is there any masking agents here that cover benzodiazepines and can you get self test kits to check if they work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Presumably, the check will be only for illegal substances like heroin, cannabis, etc. If you fear that they might also test for legal substances such as diazepam, simply stop taking this medicine now if you can without adverse effects and it will not show up in a test in two weeks.

Presumably, the check will be only for illegal substances like heroin, cannabis, etc. If you fear that they might also test for legal substances such as diazepam, simply stop taking this medicine now if you can without adverse effects and it will not show up in a test in two weeks.

They do check for benzo's in this particular screening, I know this for a fact. I stopped taking them a few days ago once I found out about this job but reading things off the net it says it can stay in your system for a month with prolonged or heavy use.

Any attempt at "masking" is likely to be discovered by modern-day screening techniques (particularly if the sample is subject to analysis by gas chromatography or mass spectrometry) These very sensitive techniques are capable of detecting very small amounts, not only of a "drug" but the "drugs" metabolites (whats left of the drug after its been "digested")

Even the "less" sensitive dip stick or "panel" tests are highly specific for what is being looked for and the results from these tests are used in some juristications as evidence in, for example, prosecuting driving offences.

From memory (you can look up the manufactures data) the total eliminination time for normal theraputic doses of Valium is about 10 days assuming a healthy liver/kidneys.

I friend of mine who is a mining engineer recently underwent employment "screening" which detected the caffine from his morning coffee as well as the all legal, prescribed medication he was taking!

Edited by jrtmedic

Chronic use of valium can sometimes show up as much as 4 weeks later. Short-term use will usually not be detectable after 1-2 weeks.

There is no way to "mask" this AFAIK,

Your best bet is to completely abstain from now onward and to drink a lot of fluids before the test which will result in very dilute urine. With that and 2 weeks of no valium there is a chance, but not a certainty, of passing the test. If it does show up at that point it will not be in large amount.

Since Valium does have legitimate medical uses, if possible you might also want to be prepared with a prescription or doctor's certificate to show.

This is quite a lot of valium to have taken in a 2 month period, so it is possible you will experience some withdrawal symptoms, should be prepared for that. And would do well to seek help for whatever it was that led to that much usage of it.

If you've been taking generic Thai made diazepam the dose you've injested might be lower than you think - I got some for help sleeping while flying and they didn't work at all. I asked the pharmacist and he admitted the Thai made ones were variable and offered to get me the real branded Valium! Others have reported similar stories with other locally made meds.

Edited by GooEng

I wish that was the case. These did work and have 'Roche' on the blister pack which i know from my younger days is the proper brand of valium.

My friend who left earlier than me had 2 a week earlier and self tested himself before he flew out to work and was still testing positive.

I wish that was the case. These did work and have 'Roche' on the blister pack which i know from my younger days is the proper brand of valium.

My friend who left earlier than me had 2 a week earlier and self tested himself before he flew out to work and was still testing positive.

How did he self test himself?