Chavez Battling For His Life, Venezuelan V P Says

webfact

Chavez 'battling' for his life: VP

CARACAS (AFP) -- Venezuelan Vice President Nicolas Maduro said Thursday that President Hugo Chavez was fighting for his life in a Caracas military hospital, 10 days after returning from cancer treatment in Cuba.

The president's chosen successor did not provide more details, but the government said last week that Chavez was still suffering from a respiratory infection and that the tendency was not favorable.

As he presented subsidized homes on state-run television, Maduro said that Chavez was "battling for his health, for his life and we are accompanying him."

"Do you know why he neglected his health?" the vice president asked.

"Because he gave his body and soul completely and forgot all his obligations to himself to give the people a fatherland, to give those who had nothing a job, a life, a house, health, food, education."

Chavez has not spoken or appeared in public since undergoing a fourth round of cancer surgery in Cuba on December 11.

Only one set of pictures were released on December 15, showing him in his Havana hospital bed, smiling with two of his daughters. He spent two months in the Cuban capital before returning to Venezuela in the dead of night on February 18.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-03-01

You know it was America that gave him cancer, don't you?

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez hinted that the U.S. may be behind a “very strange” bout of cancer affecting several leaders aligned with him in South America. Chavez, speaking a day after Argentine President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, said the Central Intelligence Agency was behind chemical experiments in Guatemala in the 1940s and that it’s possible that in years to come a plot will be uncovered that shows the U.S. spread cancer as a political weapon against its critics.

Great news, let’s hope he carks it.

Whilst I'm a conservative voter, I don't trash left wing principles - they certainly achieve a lot of good in the world - but balance is of course needed & personally I veer to the right, but I am not biased enough to suggest that the left never does any good, of course it does.

But the trouble with Chavez is that he comes from the "corrupted" side of the left (here I'm referring to corrupted principles, not stealing money). His is the vengeful side where they see the path forward as not to focus on raising living standards of the less fortunate, but instead to hurt those who are more fortunate. Attacking the well-off only lowers the bar for everyone, successful left wing governments instead raise the bar for by uplifting the poor & less fortunate etc a good example is what’s happening in Brazil

right now. Any Government is supposed to try to govern for all not just the side that voted for them (ie: a bit of bias towards them; okay, but not trample all over the ~40%+ who didn’t vote for you).

Chavez is basically a tyrant.

Edited by fire and ice

Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez speculated that the US might have developed a way to weaponise
cancer
, after several Latin American leaders were diagnosed with the disease. The list includes former
Argentine president, Nestor Kirchner (colon cancer) Brazil's president Dilma Rousseff (lymphoma cancer), her
predecessor Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (throat cancer), former Cuban president Fidel Castro (stomach cancer) Bolivian
president, Evo Morales (nasal cancer) and Paraguayan president Fernando Lugo (lymphoma
cancer). What do they have in common besides cancer? All of them are left-wing leaders. Coincidence?

Others:Alexander Litvinenko poisoning by polonium

Yasser Arafat possible poisoning by polonium
Canadian politician Jack Layton died of some dreadful kind of mysterious, fast-acting cancer.

Whilst I'm a conservative voter, I don't trash left wing principles - they certainly achieve a lot of good in the world - but balance is of course needed & personally I veer to the right, but I am not biased enough to suggest that the left never does any good, of course it does.

But the trouble with Chavez is that he comes from the "corrupted" side of the left (here I'm referring to corrupted principles, not stealing money). His is the vengeful side where they see the path forward as not to focus on raising living standards of the less fortunate, but instead to hurt those who are more fortunate. Attacking the well-off only lowers the bar for everyone, successful left wing governments instead raise the bar for by uplifting the poor & less fortunate etc a good example is what’s happening in Brazil

right now. Any Government is supposed to try to govern for all not just the side that voted for them (ie: a bit of bias towards them; okay, but not trample all over the ~40%+ who didn’t vote for you).

Well, he doesn't shoot people who oppose him like the right-wing tyrants, just nationalized some resources. I understand that makes him a persona non grata for the market purists. What exactly has he done that supports your opinion that he vengefully hurts the wealthy, but does not raise the living standard of the poor? The numbers don't support your statement. http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/6388

I would agree though that there are politicians more on the left than Chavez, and less determined to be appointed for life. Here is one of them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20243493.

Well, he doesn't shoot people who oppose him like the right-wing tyrants, just nationalized some resources. I understand that makes him a persona non grata for the market purists. What exactly has he done that supports your opinion that he vengefully hurts the wealthy, but does not raise the living standard of the poor? The numbers don't support your statement. http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/6388

I would agree though that there are politicians more on the left than Chavez, and less determined to be appointed for life. Here is one of them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20243493.

Chavez has squandered the enormous oil revenue of Venezuela, largely on ensuring healthy majorities via populist, profligate spending. The state owned oil company has been hideously mismanaged, oil production has slumped and revenue has been used as a private piggy bank. The result has been near economic collapse, runaway inflation and economic distress. See below for a flavour:

http://www.economist.com/news/americas/21571445-cost-postponing-inevitable-devaluation-out-stock

Chavez is also a keen proponent of the "enemy of my enemy...."etc school of thought. Quite how far this goes with Iran is unclear but Chavez has certainly been implicated in extensive support for FARC in Colombia and has been in cahoots with Spain's ETA and the PIRA of N.Ireland, see below:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/interpol-investigation-backs-up-venezuelaira-link-26447015.html

all in all not quite the benevolent father figure he would like to be seen as.

• Like 1

Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez speculated that the US might have developed a way to weaponise

cancer, after several Latin American leaders were diagnosed with the disease. The list includes former

Argentine president, Nestor Kirchner (colon cancer) Brazil's president Dilma Rousseff (lymphoma cancer), her

predecessor Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (throat cancer), former Cuban president Fidel Castro (stomach cancer) Bolivian

president, Evo Morales (nasal cancer) and Paraguayan president Fernando Lugo (lymphoma

cancer). What do they have in common besides cancer? All of them are left-wing leaders. Coincidence?

Others:Alexander Litvinenko poisoning by polonium

Yasser Arafat possible poisoning by polonium

Canadian politician Jack Layton died of some dreadful kind of mysterious, fast-acting cancer.

Are you afraid America will give you Cancer because you know nothing

• Like 1

I remember visiting Caracas while visiting on a cruise ship. The ship begs us not to go ashore, they were just there for the cheap fuel. Natuarally, I had to grab a cab & go into Caracas. I found the food to be incrediably good, some of the best that I have ever had. What was unerving, being in their shopping district, was that every 10 feet was an army guy with a machine gun. And yes, they were arresting quite a few of their own.The cab we were in got smashed by a bus. Both drivers got out and yelled at each other for awhile, then got back into their own vehicles and drove off. No exchanging of info. Just a good screaming match..It will be interesting to see the changes after his death. The first year will be to find where the money is hidden; the scond year to learn how to make more.

Let's face it, Americans don't like Chavez because if he were to fulfill his aim of diverting most of his exports to China instead of the US, the price at the gas pumps in the US would only climb.

Be interesting to see if the US have lined up a suitable replacement.

Let's face it, Americans don't like Chavez because if he were to fulfill his aim of diverting most of his exports to China instead of the US, the price at the gas pumps in the US would only climb.

Be interesting to see if the US have lined up a suitable replacement.

During the three years I recently spent in China, I heard many Chinese university students I had say that Chavez and Venezuela were part of the communist "Internationale." I had to laugh. The Communist Internationale?!? Let's see, that would be the People's Republic of China, North Korea, Albania, Venezuela I'd guess, and........and ...........hmmmmm............

I hope nobody I knew in China got cancer laugh.png .