Former U S Army Paratrooper Destroys 60 Gubernatorial Campaign Ads: Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These idiots put signs up on sidewalks making them advanced obstacle courses. I knock them down all the time. Not political ads so much but condo and plastic surgery ads.

Supposedly Thai's are so respectful but I think they use it all up on Wai's etc. How about saving some for traffic safety, air/water/noise pollution and not impeding sidewalks.

What sidewalks? I respectfully suggest that you need to adjust your attitude. What an expat might think is a sidewalk is actually an extension of whatever shop it is in front of, or it's a parking space for any and all vehicles and you cannot overlook that it's as vital pathway for motorbike traffic.

He is a Thai American. If his name was Woods it would be OK.

• Like 1

Well done!

There should be no campaign posters anywhere so that people wont vote for those they most like the face... and learn to do their research before Voting.

it's a total waste those posters. so much trash...

Most likely he was fed up with all the ugliness of the campaign posters strung along the sides of every soi, and street...maybe he will use the large sheets of cardboard for his house.

My guess is, everybody is guessing here, so here's mine: He was raised in the US, went to college there, was in or is still in the US military, and just got fed up with the stupid, childish, Thai behavior.. just my guess..

These idiots put signs up on sidewalks making them advanced obstacle courses. I knock them down all the time. Not political ads so much but condo and plastic surgery ads.

Supposedly Thai's are so respectful but I think they use it all up on Wai's etc. How about saving some for traffic safety, air/water/noise pollution and not impeding sidewalks.

Not a fat chance in hell mate..

5 years ago,they arrived,raped and pillaged,now they have become quite tame....let them have their fun...a few posters...not even worth the coverage....

blink.png

Who is the "they" that arrived 5 years ago to rape and pillage?

5 years ago,they arrived,raped and pillaged,now they have become quite tame....let them have their fun...a few posters...not even worth the coverage....

blink.png

Who is the "they" that arrived 5 years ago to rape and pillage?

oh that might be me, it was actually 6 yrs ago. Had a great time when I 1st arrived but now toned it right down with kids and all.

• Like 1

There is a poster at the exit to the Moo Bahn where I live, it completely obstructs the view of oncoming traffic on a relatively fast road. Fortunately, when I leave in the morning, it's dark so cars have their headlights on, but there sure is a lot of white paint on the road.

The few times, I have left when it's daylight, I've been tempted to tear the thing down.

• Like 1

There is a poster at the exit to the Moo Bahn where I live, it completely obstructs the view of oncoming traffic on a relatively fast road. Fortunately, when I leave in the morning, it's dark so cars have their headlights on, but there sure is a lot of white paint on the road.

The few times, I have left when it's daylight, I've been tempted to tear the thing down.

Understand exactly what you are saying. Recent elections in Chiang mai was the same. Large posters at the entrance to our estate on both the left and right hand sides completely blocked the view of all traffic on the main road. Extremely dangerous and caused one collision that I know of and fortunately no one was killed. I can understand where the people of BKK are coming from and the actions of the American.

A little common sense would not go to waste when plastering these signs everywhere or is getting elected more important than peoples lives?.

A good chance the former paratrooper suffered permanent health issues due to high altitude oxygen deprivation.

His participation in such dangerous operations are depicted on his Facebook page:

paratrooper_zpsbd337773.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.agnew.7

I'm confused. In the OP it says he's a former US paratrooper but in the picture he's clearly flying a Thai helicopter. Is he taking part in a joint training exercise?

A good chance the former paratrooper suffered permanent health issues due to high altitude oxygen deprivation.

His participation in such dangerous operations are depicted on his Facebook page:

I'm confused. In the OP it says he's a former US paratrooper but in the picture he's clearly flying a Thai helicopter. Is he taking part in a joint training exercise?

If we replaced the name of your country with "Thai" would you think it was funny? I would also question your involvement with any Thai family with such a deep seated contempt for Thailand.

If we replaced the name of your country with "Thai" would you think it was funny? I would also question your involvement with any Thai family with such a deep seated contempt for Thailand.

My apologies no offence was intended and was merely humour. Although I do remember the PM not being able to fly at night because her chopper didn't have radar. I'm assuming that was the actual reason of course.

If you think my comment showed deep seated contempt I would stop reading posts on this site right now.

• Like 1

My apologies no offence was intended and was merely humour. Although I do remember the PM not being able to fly at night because her chopper didn't have radar. I'm assuming that was the actual reason of course.

If you think my comment showed deep seated contempt I would stop reading posts on this site right now.

True enough. I joined in TV 2008 as you did. I realize I am in a minority of people who find insulting Thailand distasteful.

so I was kinda lit and felt an unwavering obligation to mankind to tear down some safety hazards. My apologies for bringing down the thunder. If it makes anyone feel better, my hands are still torn the hell up. On another topic, just because I look like a douche in my Class-A uniform doesn't mean I'm lying about it. I have ribbons for tying my shoes for God sake. Anyway, to clear things up, I never voted in the States and I stay far away from politics as possible. I will never take sides because that's some black voodoo stuff that I refuse to ever understand or be involved with. I like to think myself a man of science and booze. I did it because I didn't want my Dad to get chopped in half by some motorcycle dude while pulling out of the neighborhood or have huge wrecks near my house while people are leaving restaurants. That crap would put me on a revenge path that will land me in prison or get me killed. Hope I cleared some stuff up.

• Like 1

I don't think he has been in Thailand that long or he would know that only Thais can do that job and has no work permit to allow him to do it.

Silly boy.

isn't he Luk Khrung or a thai who joined the U.S Military? The report says Thai-American.

Take a look at his picture on page 1, he sure looks bi-racial to me.

I wonder what the outcome is going to be? A fine? A slap on the wrist? Tea-money?