Mind Blowing Experience's Inthailand....

Chittychangchang

goodness gracious! a bunch of softies telling (what they think) horror stories about a healthy and tasty vegetable which goes with most dishes i eat.

wink.png

Them's fighting words. Might I challenge you to a chillie eat-off. We'll see who's soft!!

challenge accepted!

• Like 1

I hear what your saying, i've eaten the hottest Vindaloo curry with only mild numbness of the face.

But what a Thai can eat is unprecedented in this world, they take the words spicy and hot into a different stratosphere.

yawn... coffee1.gif the average Thai would be scared sh*tless after a few bites when served real hot Ethiopian or Sudani food.

Hot peppers can help control weight by increasing metabolism ... but eating enough of them to speed up metabolism sufficient to lose weight can be a bit of a barrier. But an enterprising Japanese company developed a sweet pepper that produces capsinoids which are similar to capsaicin produced by hot peppers. This sweet pepper while grown in Thailand by the tons is not available in Thailand. And in the U.S. is has been only available by doctor's prescription. You can read about CH-19 peppers below...

http://www.capsiatenatura.com/whatiscapsiate_natura.aspx

CH-19 Sweet peppers are rich in substances called capsinoids, which are similar in molecular structure to capsaicin2 the substance that gives hot chili peppers their heat. The degree of pungency in capsinoids, however, is only 1/1000 of the pungency of capsaicin.* (found hot chili peppers). It takes 10,000 pounds of CH-19 Sweet peppers to produce one pound of capsinoids. CH-19 Sweet peppers are grown on farms owned and operated by Ajinomoto Co. in Thailand. The farms total over 1,000 acres (about 100 times the size of a baseball stadium). The CH-19 Sweet peppers thrive in this idyllic setting, surrounded by rice paddies, sugar cane fields and cassava plantations, and refreshed by an invigorating breeze.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/7/1/65

The ingestion of 10 mg of capsinoids increased adrenergic activity, energy expenditure, and resulted in a shift in substrate utilization toward lipid at rest but had little effect during exercise or recovery. The changes we observed confirm previous data on the thermogenic and metabolic effects of capsinoids at rest and further promote its potential role as an adjunct weight loss aid, in addition to diet and exercise.

Edited by JDGRUEN

Could you post a photo of the mind blowing out of body experience

I didn't have time to grab my camera.

However if you take a look at my profile page border you'll get my drift....

Edited by Chittychangchang
  • Like 1

sweet! What does mine say?

sweet! What does mine say?

Far Out, i feel another outer body experience coming on...

While we are waiting for Chitty to post a pic, thought Id put the orange widow maker up.

ps, thanks for the like of the bubs pic mate!

Would this one be the bhut jolokia or ghost chili from India?

I believe the pic Krisb posted was a scotch bonnet, the pic i posted was a infiniti chilli .

I've not heard of the bhut jolokia, could you post a pic?

Over 4000 different chilli's in the world, i reckon my other half could eat all 4000 variety's in a nicefish soup in one serving..

goodness gracious! a bunch of softies telling (what they think) horror stories about a healthy and tasty vegetable which goes with most dishes i eat.

wink.png

Them's fighting words. Might I challenge you to a chillie eat-off. We'll see who's soft!!

Count me in, I'll give any one a run for there money smile.png

The bhut jolokia is hotter than the infinity.

I had no success growing them in Chicago, (was a cold season) and now that I am here living in Thailand, maybe I can grow them. Strictly for medicinal purposes mind you. whistling.gif

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bhut+jolokia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

One might think in this realm a little hotter won't make much difference but if you watch those attempting to eat one on youtube perhaps you'll think otherwise.

While we are waiting for Chitty to post a pic, thought Id put the orange widow maker up.

I believe the pic Krisb posted was a scotch bonnet, the pic i posted was a infiniti chilli .

Over 4000 different chilli's in the world, i reckon my other half could eat all 4000 variety's in a nicefish soup in one serving..

• Like 1

The bhut jolokia is hotter than the infinity.

I had no success growing them in Chicago, (was a cold season) and now that I am here living in Thailand, maybe I can grow them. Strictly for medicinal purposes mind you. whistling.gif

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=bhut+jolokia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

One might think in this realm a little hotter won't make much difference but if you watch those attempting to eat one on youtube perhaps you'll think otherwise.

Hilarious clip, that's what i'm talking about.

• Like 1