Did Your Thai Embassy Also Not Accept 200€ Bank Notes?

Strange story on my locale embassy in Austria!

The thai consulate was on holiday, and the woman told give the non imigrant o stamp with in 5 minutes , sorry we cannot accept your 200€ banknotes!

The consul told her, maybe it's fake money!

It was 12 o'clock noon, the banks was closed , the next ATM 10 minute away

So she not want wait, and close, I was the last customer!

After taking around 20 minutes about

The 200€ she take the money!

Write down the serial number , and told you must give me your phone number

Maybe I call you back when money not real!

I told it comes from the bank it is real,

Never seen same before on other purchases, and leave with out a smile!

The higher the value of the crappy Euro note the less likely it is to be accepted. Too many copies.

Sorry but suck it up.... It is a <deleted> currency anyway and is already destined for the annals of history as a failure.

The higher the value of the crappy Euro note the less likely it is to be accepted. Too many copies.

Sorry but suck it up.... It is a <deleted> currency anyway and is already destined for the annals of history as a failure.

stupid man

200 euros is 8000 bath do you pay a pack of cigarettes with 8000 bath crazy man ??

i know many shops refuse the 500 € note in my country , i can understand that because they would be quick out of change money , even i my country ATM does not give higher notes than 50 € ones

Next time I will pay the visa with a 500€ note and bring a neon light money checking mashine with me, and tell not nesarsary to go to the bank!

I know you are being sarcastic, but in all honesty the Thai Embassy can make whatever payment rules they want to make. Why provoke them? If they want to only accept 5 Euro notes ... so be it.

Next time I will pay the visa with a 500€ note and bring a neon light money checking mashine with me, and tell not nesarsary to go to the bank!

Why would you go all the way back to Austria, with the impending birth of your child you could get a visa locally either outside or in Thailand.

I know you are being sarcastic, but in all honesty the Thai Embassy can make whatever payment rules they want to make. Why provoke them? If they want to only accept 5 Euro notes ... so be it.

Best idea is to go with 5 cent pieces and let them count them out, or smaller if you wanted to.