Thiefs By The Hotel Stuff In Pattaya Resorts!and Song Tails

Sandman77

Moral of the story: don't leave cash in your hotel room--'luxury' or not--avoid ladyboys, and possibly Pattaya

Shower Caps what are they for?

They are for keeping your wallet dry when you take a shower, stick your wallet on your head, put on your shower cap, job done, safe and dry biggrin.png

Edited by welsh1

I'm sorry for the OP, but anyone who leaves 200 Euro (or any other amount in any other currency) unattended, near the door in any establishment in the world is asking for trouble.

Doesn't matter what his natural language is, common sense appears to be lacking...............thumbsup.gif

This is a universal skill that can only be learnt and not taught to any acceptable level..................wink.png

I'm sorry for the OP, but anyone who leaves 200 Euro (or any other amount in any other currency) unattended, near the door in any establishment in the world is asking for trouble.

Doesn't matter what his natural language is, common sense appears to be lacking...............thumbsup.gif

This is a universal skill that can only be learnt and not taught to any acceptable level..................wink.png

Its not only that, but they came to fix the shower and there is 200(of whatever currency) on the table, which usually means a tip.

OP god must really hate you.

People sell you fake honey

Hotels not refund you

Thai do not want travel with you

Ladyboys steal from you

Hotel staff steal from you

May be you have been cursed

Maybe he can pair up with the guy having the relationship issues who found out his girlfriend was not a girl - a fly on the wall documentary would be a sure fire hit.

I think both of them need to visit a monk or someone to remove the curse, because its simply impossible to suffer that much bad luck laugh.png

The other guy can always go on Jerry Springer Showcheesy.gif

My teacher told me, my English is much better then the German of most Brits ! When you not like my topics why you response,when you have nothing to say about the topic itself! You can go to learn German,but I tell you I will not joke about your spelling ! My English teacher told be also, that the Brits much more tolerant when some spelling is wrong, then the German!

Unlucky enough for you I speak German, I lived in German for 12 years and worked translating Books from Telecom suppliers into German guides for staff at big Telecom companies in Frankfurt am Main

Tut mir leid.

Seeing as you are taking this personally, are you going to post the size of your appendage as well?

Sandman makes an excellent point, something we have discussed at length here many times.

Anglos can be very arrogant towards those whose mother tongue isn't English, yet wish to mingle with people not of their own origin . . . this should be applauded, not derided.

Oddly enough most Anglos can't spell to save their lives

Added to which Sandman doesn't say his English is better than your German, he says that he wouldn't denigrate anyone whose German isn't perfect . . . but of you didn't comprehend that . . . perhaps your German is acceptable but your English isn't.

Actually, re-read your post and see if you can find several mistakes.

Tut mir Leid (should the 'L' in Leid be capitalised? Can you answer without looking it up?)

no, the "l" in lied should not be capitalised wink.png

in my [not so] humble view the OP (aka Mr. Passboard / Khun Punched Honey / hallo! how much is a new toilet average size?) is an agent provocateur put to work by George to increase TV hits.

'fess up George! laugh.png

and for the record: the OP is not a German but an (obviously very bored) Austrian.

Pattaya is a dangerous place for tourists and ex-pats.

Most times those that stay in hotels, guesthouses, visit restaurants, bars, massage parlours and sample the many prostitutes that frequents the area will have no problems. But sooner or later the chances are high that eventually a tourist will encounter the more devious and nastier elements that work within the tourist and adult entertainment establishments in the area. For example, prostitutes that refuse to leave a customer’s room unless a large amount of money is paid, massage parlours where a customer maybe demanded to give tips with menaces, even held on the premises until money is paid,ladyboys who work in gangs and try to extort money by threats and intimidation. Although some may appear to be feminine and petite, in fact they can be extremely strong, with the vicious tempers of a woman and the strength of a man. Then there are the restaurant scams; in instances a customer has been approached all in innocence to buy a girl a drink, after which the customer will receive an extra 2000 baht on his bill as a hostess fee for the company of the girl, even having duel menus, one that the customer orders his food, then a another where the prices are doubled so the customer cannot win if he disputes why he his bill had doubled or trebled in price.

In Pattaya never leave valuables in a hotel room unattended or carry large amounts of cash or valuables with you when out. Also be reluctant to trust the hotel`s safe, unless given a signed receipt that lists every item placed in the safe.

Those who visit Pattaya should be cautious and do so at their own risk and discretion.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Most times those that stay in hotels, guesthouses, visit restaurants, bars, massage parlours and sample the many prostitutes that frequents the area will have no problems. But sooner or later the chances are high that eventually a tourist will encounter the more devious and nastier elements that work within the tourist and adult entertainment establishments in the area. For example, prostitutes that refuse to leave a customer’s room unless a large amount of money is paid, massage parlours where a customer maybe demanded to give tips with menaces, even held on the premises until money is paid,ladyboys who work in gangs and try to extort money by threats and intimidation. Although some may appear to be feminine and petite, in fact they can be extremely strong, with the vicious tempers of a woman and the strength of a man. Then there are the restaurant scams; in instances a customer has been approached all in innocence to buy a girl a drink, after which the customer will receive an extra 2000 baht on his bill as a hostess fee for the company of the girl, even having duel menus, one that the customer orders his food, then a another where the prices are doubled so the customer cannot win if he disputes why he his bill had doubled or trebled in price.

In Pattaya never leave valuables in a hotel room unattended or carry large amounts of cash or valuables with you when out. Also be reluctant to trust the hotel`s safe, unless given a signed receipt that lists every item placed in the safe.

Those who visit Pattaya should be cautious and do so at their own risk and discretion.

Now change Pattaya by Zurich and Walking Street by Langstrasse (including the ladyboys btw...)..

Now change Pattaya by New Orleans and Walking Street by the French Quarter...

Or in general change Pattaya to XXXXXXX and whatever country and if you are in (redlight) tourist zone you will find the same muggings and stealings and scams all over the world...

And then you write "those who visit a foreign city's night life district should be cautious and do so at their own risk and discretion"

Edited by Swiss1960

Now change Pattaya by Zurich and Walking Street by Langstrasse (including the ladyboys btw...)..

Now change Pattaya by New Orleans and Walking Street by the French Quarter...

Or in general change Pattaya to XXXXXXX and whatever country and if you are in (redlight) tourist zone you will find the same muggings and stealings and scams all over the world...

And then you write "those who visit a foreign city's night life district should be cautious and do so at their own risk and discretion"

So what is your point? And why does this go against the grain with you? Are you a business owner in Pattaya? This is not Swiss, USA or French visa and this thread is specifically referring to Pattaya in Thailand and what happens elsewhere is irrelevant in this case. Or are you suggesting that my comments listed in my previous post have no factual basis and these events never happen?

As for thefts in the area`s hotels and guesthouses, I suggest you read some of the reviews listed in TripAdvisor, plus other news reports pertaining to Pattaya.

If you`re not happy with these reports, then what else would you prefer to hear?

My comments still stand, that Pattaya can be a dangerous city and caution should be applied. And I thank the OP for bringing his hotel experience to our attention.

My teacher told me, my English is much better then the German of most Brits ! When you not like my topics why you response,when you have nothing to say about the topic itself! You can go to learn German,but I tell you I will not joke about your spelling ! My English teacher told be also, that the Brits much more tolerant when some spelling is wrong, then the German!

Unlucky enough for you I speak German, I lived in German for 12 years and worked translating Books from Telecom suppliers into German guides for staff at big Telecom companies in Frankfurt am Main

Tut mir leid.

Seeing as you are taking this personally, are you going to post the size of your appendage as well?

Sandman makes an excellent point, something we have discussed at length here many times.

Anglos can be very arrogant towards those whose mother tongue isn't English, yet wish to mingle with people not of their own origin . . . this should be applauded, not derided.

Added to which Sandman doesn't say his English is better than your German, he says that he wouldn't denigrate anyone whose German isn't perfect . . . but of you didn't comprehend that . . . perhaps your German is acceptable but your English isn't.

Tut mir Leid (should the 'L' in Leid be capitalised? Can you answer without looking it up?)

+1

you said it better than i could have

Agree 100% about the arrogance of native English speakers. In this case beano does speak an other language and that is an accomplishment for a native English speaker.

But that does not give him the right to put down this guy while i agree his topics are a bit crazy in general.

Rob, the problem is that myself and others have tried to help this guy with his writing and informed him that the word "Passboard" is not used for the document that allows you to travel, it is called a "passport", but he continues to use it, when I use a foreign language forum I type my post out then check it for mistakes using a translation engine on the internet, it is so easy and helps you learn at the same time as getting the language correct.

If the OP feels that I have been to harsh on him, then "I apologise", I have no qualms in saying sorry on forum if I have to.

But if I may make a suggestion, first use word to type your post then check it with a translating engine (they are not always that good), then post it.

So now you're being even more arrogant because he didn't learn from you . . . the fool!

Yet again, may I suggest that you double-check your English before posting because being teh leader of the language police always brings blow-back.

As for using Google translate? Surely you are joking . . . is that how you spent 12 years in Germany translating documents?

Now why the hell would we want to learn German ?

The same reason we learn anything . . . knowledge . . . well, those with even half a brain would think so.

Tut mir leid.

no, the "l" in lied should not be capitalised wink.png

Aha! But it can, depending on the context. New German is taking its hold, but twelve years ago the old rules still stood!

However, if you didn't look it up then full marks to you for providing an answer

To Sing SIng - To answer your question if I used google translate to do the documents - no I didn't, I did it myself and got a native German speaker to check it for me, the bighead I am there were not many mistakes and it was very clear.

The "l" in Leid is small you are correct as per the new Rechtschreibung in Germany.

And your comment to Naam about his looking up or not of the word, well if I remember correctly Naam is German.

Have I said I am a pure Englishman? I think my English is very clear, yes there are a few words missing like English people do, they miss out auxiliary verbs, articles and pronouns.

You are right about learning - we learn to gain knowledge. But we have to learn from our mistakes.

And while you are busy why not check the other topics the OP has opened and have a look at the comments by other TV members about the use of the English language or lack of it by the OP.

Edited by beano2274

It is obvious to everyone that Sandman is not English and only has a basic working knowledge of the English language. That is acceptable if you can understand what is being asked. I forgot almost all the German I learned in school, so I can't make judgements.

I see one word use incorrectly all the time on forums, and that is the word "loose" instead of "lose". They have entirely different meanings. But, anyone with half a brain will understand what the person means if they use the word incorrectly. That is the beauty of the English language. You can still understand the question even if improperly written or spoken. That is NOT something possible in Thai or other Asian languages.

As far as thieves and crooks in Thailand are concerned it is just something to be accepted in places where there is a wide spread between the rich and the poor. Places like Pattaya attract the rough element. To balance it there are equal or more numbers of honest people in Thailand. I have at least a dozen personal stories to prove that, and I've only been here a few months.

• Like 1

It is obvious to everyone that Sandman is not English and only has a basic working knowledge of the English language. That is acceptable if you can understand what is being asked. I forgot almost all the German I learned in school, so I can't make judgements.

I see one word use incorrectly all the time on forums, and that is the word "loose" instead of "lose". They have entirely different meanings. But, anyone with half a brain will understand what the person means if they use the word incorrectly. That is the beauty of the English language. You can still understand the question even if improperly written or spoken. That is NOT something possible in Thai or other Asian languages.

As far as thieves and crooks in Thailand are concerned it is just something to be accepted in places where there is a wide spread between the rich and the poor. Places like Pattaya attract the rough element. To balance it there are equal or more numbers of honest people in Thailand. I have at least a dozen personal stories to prove that, and I've only been here a few months.

Thanks for the English lessons.

If you leave $200 on the table in any hotel room when someone is coming to fix anything, you may find it will also be gone.

Just as if you leave money out on the table in any hotel in the world, you may find some if not all will be missing.

If one is short a few brain cells, its irrelevant which country in the world he lives or visits, he will always end up in some kind of mess.

IF you follow OP's topics, you may find that he is in mess every single day and always seem to have a problem no matter what the matter is

To Sing SIng - To answer your question if I used google translate to do the documents - no I didn't, I did it myself and got a native German speaker to check it for me, the bighead I am there were not many mistakes and it was very clear.

The "l" in Leid is small you are correct as per the new Rechtschreibung in Germany.

And your comment to Naam about his looking up or not of the word, well if I remember correctly Naam is German.

Have I said I am a pure Englishman? I think my English is very clear, yes there are a few words missing like English people do, they miss out auxiliary verbs, articles and pronouns.

You are right about learning - we learn to gain knowledge. But we have to learn from our mistakes.

And while you are busy why not check the other topics the OP has opened and have a look at the comments by other TV members about the use of the English language or lack of it by the OP.

Fact is you were out of line with your posts vis-a-vis Sandman, and 'apologising' while continuing your criticism is quite pathetic.

Trying to justify your posts is also quite sad