Classy Bar With Beautiful Women In Chalong

MrE

Chalong beer bars are inundated with washed Patong girs. Take a look at them in the daylight and see what you think.

I've not been in them, but quite frequently lunch at Kan Eang@pier (today for example). In the daylight, the bars along the pier road are full of sad looking females, just waiting for a shining knight to whisk them away to Rawai or Kata..........

You talk about non rip off social venues in your first post but then lose all credibility when you state you're a Kan eng regular.

Worst tourist trap restaurant on the island.

Disagree about Kan Eang@pier, but to each their own. Personally I find the quality of food, standard of service to be amongst the very best on the island. The prices are comparable to second rate Thai restaurants in the tourist areas. The wife took a few photos of todays lunch, and I've posted a receipt for a meal there a couple of weeks ago. Note that a small Singha is 80 baht, large one 130 baht:

The quality of food amongst the best on the island???

The picures don't show it.

The quality of food amongst the best on the island???

The picures don't show it.

Have you been there? We use it, amongst quite a few other restaurants regularly, as a proven provider of good food and service, and in that I'm more than comfortable in saying that it is one of the best Thai food restaurants on the island. The photos are solely a representation of the food at that time on that day and our selection and are not an advertisement. The point I try to make in these photos is that for an equivalent price in a poor restaurant, you can get quality food at somewhere like Kan Eang. Any restaurant is only as good as the meal provided at a given moment, but if you want consistency, look at trip advisor for something more. As for 'beautiful women', I think its very much a case of BYO.

Wow, hate to say it but that seems pricey for a beer... Having never been to Phuket I have to ask, is that really the going rate for a beer in a restaurant.. OUCH...

Yes it actually costs a bit more for everything when sitting at a nice seaside resort area with an ocean view. 80 Baht is cheap! The entertainment venues charge well over 100 Baht a beer. You can still get a draught beer at happy hour for 50 Baht though. Or as I see at many places around here, there are cement tables outside mom and pop shops that you could probably buy a beer for about 32 Baht still. But what would I know? I don't drink beer. Especially the crap "beer" they sell here!

Have you ever seen an old farang man that wants an old Thai woman for a girl friend or a short time. If so, he needs to have his head examined.

Well, I see plenty of farang men with 40+/50+ Thai GF's/wives, and they seem completely normal to me. To everybody his own thing. Those in their fifties/sixties who enjoy chasing girls who are around 20, should by all means keep doing so.
  • Like 2

Chalong is at the end of the food chain for bargirls, if they are fifty-plus and still not married or mama-san than they have to leave to go work in a Patong PingPong.

As for the Kan Eang @ Pier. It is a beautiful location, with friendly service and overall excellent food. No tourist trap at all. I know a lot of long-term expats(10+ years) including myself that go there frequently.

And 80Baht for a beer, at a beach front location is not exactly expensive(to me at least)....but than I am not looking for classy girl in a bar either...

• Like 1

Chalong is at the end of the food chain for bargirls, if they are fifty-plus and still not married or mama-san than they have to leave to go work in a Patong PingPong.

As for the Kan Eang @ Pier. It is a beautiful location, with friendly service and overall excellent food. No tourist trap at all. I know a lot of long-term expats(10+ years) including myself that go there frequently.

And 80Baht for a beer, at a beach front location is not exactly expensive(to me at least)....but than I am not looking for classy girl in a bar either...

I used to eat there until they introduced the 10% service charge.

That constitutes a tourist trap for me.

• Like 1

There is no 10% service charge, only the 7% VAT. You can also ask for a free discount card where you'll get a 10% discount off all food (not drinks).

There is no 10% service charge, only the 7% VAT. You can also ask for a free discount card where you'll get a 10% discount off all food (not drinks).

I'll wager that they do. I'll go down for a beer and fried rice and I'll post the bill here. 10% service charge and 7% vat are clearly printed on the bill.

hansgruber, on 05 Mar 2013 - 08:08, said:

I'll wager that they do. I'll go down for a beer and fried rice and I'll post the bill here. 10% service charge and 7% vat are clearly printed on the bill.

OK, I'll show you mine, you show me yours...............smile.png I've been going there for some 5 years now, and never seen a service charge on the bill.

This from a light supper we had there a couple of weeks ago, and which I posted at the time in the 'Favourite Restaurants' thread as I thought the food, service and surroundings were outstanding for the small price. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge. Sorry, how much did you want to make that wager for??

post-62520-0-24174400-1362447925_thumb.j

Edited by pagallim

hansgruber, on 05 Mar 2013 - 08:08, said:

OK, I'll show you mine, you show me yours...............smile.png I've been going there for some 5 years now, and never seen a service charge on the bill.

This from a light supper we had there a couple of weeks ago, and which I posted at the time in the 'Favourite Restaurants' thread as I thought the food, service and surroundings were outstanding for the small price. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge. Sorry, how much did you want to make that wager for??

Only VAT added to the invoice, so their published prices are without VAT. Not as bad as it could be, but still not the way it should be.

^

In my experience, there's usually a very good reason when VAT isn't shown on a receipt (because the business doesn't want the tax authorities to know that real sales figures). Electronic sales receipts are inevitably nett of VAT to make the record of VAT to be paid by the business straight forward. It's an accounting tool, and not a desire to fool the customer.

VAT to be added is mentioned in the menus by the way.

^

In my experience, there's usually a very good reason when VAT isn't shown on a receipt (because the business doesn't want the tax authorities to know that real sales figures). Electronic sales receipts are inevitably nett of VAT to make the record of VAT to be paid by the business straight forward. It's an accounting tool, and not a desire to fool the customer.

The problem is the menu prices do not include the VAT, it is only mentioned at the bottom that the VAT is to be added. Not cheating, but not the way it should be.

^

The problem is the menu prices do not include the VAT, it is only mentioned at the bottom that the VAT is to be added. Not cheating, but not the way it should be.

I think its fine if its printed on the menu plus service charge and tax, its up to you if you stay or leave

What i do not like is if they show you a menu with no extra charges on it then charge them

It happen to me once and when i complained about it they brought me a different menu with the added charges on it

we have not been back since and i phoned to the manager and told him we would not come again

What's happened to the thread about bars in Chalong?

Been hijacked by the know it all boys club again by the look's of it.

I think the subject was 'classy' bars in Chalong. Maybe use your proclaimed local knowledge and start a thread about 'unclassy' bars in Chalong? coffee1.gif

What's happened to the thread about bars in Chalong?

Been hijacked by the know it all boys club again by the look's of it.

I think the subject was 'classy' bars in Chalong. Maybe use your proclaimed local knowledge and start a thread about 'unclassy' bars in Chalong? coffee1.gif

Exactly, the topic was about 'classy bar with beautiful women' and not about restaurants and food pricing.

Good reason menu prices don't show VAT and taxes.

If the VAT and tax rate change, new menus have to be made.

From what i understand, if the charges are not mentioned on the menu/ price list they cannot charge them

The 10% service charge is a compulsory tip it does not matter if you are unhappy with the service and is B/S

Wouldn't the O2 beach club be classed as classy?

http://www.o2beachclub.com/phuket/

I guess some of this depends on whether you are looking for a bar with hot women that are customers or that want to take your money for a night in your bed

Yes, I think it would be the establishment that best meets the OP's requirements.

Wouldn't the O2 beach club be classed as classy?

http://www.o2beachclub.com/phuket/

I guess some of this depends on whether you are looking for a bar with hot women that are customers or that want to take your money for a night in your bed

Yes, I think it would be the establishment that best meets the OP's requirements.
I would class the O2 bar as the biggest white elephant in Chalong. 18 months tops. If you want class in Chalong best to steer clear of Chalong and Rawaii. Find out where all the ordinary workers hang out in Phuket City. You will have to put up with annoying Thai music. Phuket city is great for a trawl. I might head up there tonight. Timber Hut here I come. Look out ladies

I was in the Timber hut last week. It is done for. Full of fat eurotrash farang girls on the upper level trying to dance like Pattaya coyotees. Alongside them were penniless male farang english teachers in cheap sneakers scanning the place for freelancers. There wasn't a fit looking Thai girl (freelancer, student, or otherwise) in the entire joint.

As for Chalong pier road, the female staff that work in its bars exude pure desperation.

The recent bulldozer take down and subsequent rebuild of the shop houses along the Pier road has provided a much need facelift for the local architecture. Similiar treatment of the hagged denizens that inhabit those shop house bars is now required.