Travel Or Travel Health Insurance To Germany

punisher

Hi does anybody knows a Travel or or Travel Health insurance payable online and what clears Hospital bills right away?.I need one for my daughter German-Thai,11yrs old.i checked Bupa but they want customer pays first and claim after

I'm looking for the same.

I don't think the ADAC offers insurance for Germany?

On their website, FAQs they state:

"Der ADAC Auslands-Krankenschutz schützt Sie auf der ganzen Welt mit Ausnahme Deutschlands und des Landes, in dem Sie Ihren ständigen Wohnsitz haben."

Meaning that the ADAC travel insurance is valid worldwide except in Germany and except in the country where you usually reside.

Last year I had travel insurance for a trip to Germany from LMG Pacific, I can not recommend this travel insurance. Firstly you have to pay every bill first, later they find reasons not to pay. Also their emergency assistance hotline was completely useless and not helpful, even though I can speak Thai.

Who can recommend a better company?

I'm looking for the same.

I don't think the ADAC offers insurance for Germany?

On their website, FAQs they state:

"Der ADAC Auslands-Krankenschutz schützt Sie auf der ganzen Welt mit Ausnahme Deutschlands und des Landes, in dem Sie Ihren ständigen Wohnsitz haben."

Meaning that the ADAC travel insurance is valid worldwide except in Germany and except in the country where you usually reside.

Last year I had travel insurance for a trip to Germany from LMG Pacific, I can not recommend this travel insurance. Firstly you have to pay every bill first, later they find reasons not to pay. Also their emergency assistance hotline was completely useless and not helpful, even though I can speak Thai.

Who can recommend a better company?

Since the OP required the company to settle bills with the hospital in stead of 'pay first, recoup later', by far the best option would be a German insurance company. The only problem will be to find one that accepts people living abroad.

• 3 weeks later...

We had ADAC Incomingversicherung and they did not pay.

ADAC say they have direct billing with the hospital.

But in reality they did not do.

We waited 6 months for our money and they paid back 40% of what we paid to the hospital.

They are very bureaucratic.

In the end, ADAC just don't want to pay and look for excuses.

• 2 weeks later...

We had ADAC Incomingversicherung and they did not pay.

ADAC say they have direct billing with the hospital.

But in reality they did not do.

We waited 6 months for our money and they paid back 40% of what we paid to the hospital.

They are very bureaucratic.

In the end, ADAC just don't want to pay and look for excuses.

Why did you pay the hospital yourself? Just give the reception the policy number, and name of the insurance, they contact the ADAC or others asap. Always refuse to pay the hospital yourself in a situation like this. If you don't pay and the insurance refuses as well, the hospital asks the social welfare office (Sozialamt) automatically to advance the money for the bill. And then the big administration that's there to assist you is put against the insurance company.