Mai Sai Visa Runs - New Regulations?

ilgitano

Hi all,

I just got back from a visa run to Mae Sai, and was told that this is my "last time here" .

I have a 9 month, followed by a six month and 3 month tourist visas. I tried for a six month last time in Laos, but they only gave me a 3 month - If I had thought double entry would not be a problem (having done my homework) I would have gone to savannakhet; so that put a spanner in the works for me. I have work starting in the UK first week of april, and don't want to go back before then.

Since I couldnt get a double entry, I've been on mae sai visa runs every two weeks, just got my third time today. I need to go through two more times.

I know a couple years back there were limits on how many times you could go through - 90 days total - has that regulation or something like it been resurrected?

Anyone had something like that happen in the last few weeks? Anyone know whats happening?

A quick search here doesn't immediately tell me ... and I am somewhat nervous.

I think after successive treble, double and single entry tourist visas which have given you a stay of 18 months plus 3 consecutive visa exempt permissions to stays, they no longer consider you a tourist.

• Like 1

Hi again,

Right after posting here, I found lots of discussion in the Visas forum - lots of people getting bit. It seems that this 4x only applies at Mae Sai. One report of someone then going to Mae Sot with no issues. So I guess my next stop is Chiang Khong or Mae Sot. Only need to hold out for a few weeks yet.

And yes there is a circled "4" there by the last stamp, Not very clear.