Can You Legally Be Banned From Eating At A Restaurant?

Jingthing

The type of food they are serving is not something I would ever cook myself. Period. And it has limited availability where I live. If there were lots of options I would certainly be happy to ban myself. The place is rarely busy so the idea that I'm hurting other customers is BS.

I agree this place thinks I am a pain the arse. That's kind of obvious. My perspective is that their menu is very poorly designed and they fail to train their waiters.

If the boss of the restaurant tells you to get out and you refuse to go, he may very well get six Thai friends to dish out their medicine, I know personally what kind of a guy you are, I sent you two PMs asking about one of your'e posts and you did not even have the courtesy to answer me. You are obviously not a nice person at all.

I'll tell you one thing I am not. I am not a free GOOGLE service. You asked me a basic question any monkey could find using google in about two seconds. Please stop dissing me online for ignoring your PM requests for free google service. You have done this about five or six times already and it is high time you stop. I am nice to some people and not nice to other people, but I don't like to suffer fools or act as a free google service. Cheers.

Just this one time, I think I will act as a free google service for you, directly answering your question, and I hope this marks the ending of this silly little kerfuffle:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-12149-metrocream+top.aspx?drugid=12149&drugname=metrocream+top

This medication is used on the skin to treat a certain skin disorder known asrosacea, a type of adult acne. It may help to decrease redness, swelling and the number of pimples caused by rosacea.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, starting any thread based on personal experiences almost always attracts rude snipers, but in one sense this thread has been useful to me.

Before the thread, I was certainly aware of the risks of my food being sabotaged but I chose to be in denial about it, pushing it to the back of my mind. My desire to have local access to this type of food got the better of my rationality on that. Now I realize that at that place with such a history of conflict, having my food abused is not only possible (something I was certainly aware of) but potentially probable. Oh well ...

So, no, I don't need their grub that badly.

Are you going to let them win ?

Dont be such a pansy...go back there and demand some more A with B on the side.

Do you not care what you eat in the bedroom also ?

Your hommus will be next filled with boogers and the pita bread rolled between the crack of the sweaty cooks butt cheeks next time.....enjoy.

Well, starting any thread based on personal experiences almost always attracts rude snipers, but in one sense this thread has been useful to me.

Before the thread, I was certainly aware of the risks of my food being sabotaged but I chose to be in denial about it, pushing it to the back of my mind. My desire to have local access to this type of food got the better of my rationality on that. Now I realize that at that place with such a history of conflict, having my food abused is not only possible (something I was certainly aware of) but potentially probable. Oh well ...

So, no, I don't need their grub that badly.

Are you going to let them win ?

Dont be such a pansy...go back there and demand some more A with B on the side.

Do you not care what you eat in the bedroom also ?

Your hommus will be next filled with boogers and the pita bread rolled between the crack of the sweaty cooks butt cheeks next time.....enjoy.

OK. I hear you but the restaurant in question is not a Middle Eastern restaurant. Yes I am going to let them win. Like I said their food kind of sucks anyway, they are overpriced, and frankly I think they've tampered with my food already. Masochism can be fun but not of that variety.

The type of food they are serving is not something I would ever cook myself. Period. And it has limited availability where I live. If there were lots of options I would certainly be happy to ban myself. The place is rarely busy so the idea that I'm hurting other customers is BS.

I agree this place thinks I am a pain the arse. That's kind of obvious. My perspective is that their menu is very poorly designed and they fail to train their waiters.

If the boss of the restaurant tells you to get out and you refuse to go, he may very well get six Thai friends to dish out their medicine, I know personally what kind of a guy you are, I sent you two PMs asking about one of your'e posts and you did not even have the courtesy to answer me. You are obviously not a nice person at all.

I'll tell you one thing I am not. I am not a free GOOGLE service. You asked me a basic question any monkey could find using google in about two seconds. Please stop dissing me online for ignoring your PM requests for free google service. You have done this about five or six times already and it is high time you stop. I am nice to some people and not nice to other people, but I don't like to suffer fools or act as a free google service. Cheers.

If you object to people send you a decent genuine PM needing a bit of help, why do you bother posting at all in this forum?

If you object to people send you a decent genuine PM needing a bit of help, why do you bother posting at all in this forum?

Possum....we all get rejected at some point in life, learn to deal with it privately and not cry on the internet about it.

Possum....we all get rejected at some point in life, learn to deal with it privately and not cry on the internet about it.

I don't think he was asking me out on a date, but if he was, he should have sent a pic.

There ya go Possum.....found your mistake for you......have at it now.

• Like 1

The only thing I ask is why would you want to eat in a restaurant that routinely messes up the order? What is there about the place that you could possibly like? Cooking is not really that difficult and finding a place to cook what you want should not be that difficult. If it is then you better start learning to cook yourself. It ain't that difficult. Of course, I can could just about anything I want at home in Canada, so it doesn't bother me in Thailand if I can't find some silly western dish that I may like.

As someone else has already mentioned, it is bad policy to get in the bad books with the chef in the place where you prefer to eat.

The only thing I ask is why would you want to eat in a restaurant that routinely messes up the order? What is there about the place that you could possibly like? Cooking is not really that difficult and finding a place to cook what you want should not be that difficult. If it is then you better start learning to cook yourself. It ain't that difficult. Of course, I can could just about anything I want at home in Canada, so it doesn't bother me in Thailand if I can't find some silly western dish that I may like.

As someone else has already mentioned, it is bad policy to get in the bad books with the chef in the place where you prefer to eat.

Another one with strong opinions who hasn't read the thread. Amazing!

Some people....like me....do not like to do all the silly preparation for cooking yourself....nor the dishes....my dishes pile up till they start to gather mould if I am left alone for any longer than 1 week.

As for silly western dish....some of us have cravings for long lost foods.

I would kill for a lamington right now.

I mostly cook Asian food at home, stuff I can't get where I live. (Not Thai.) Also pasta of course. Some things are just beyond me. I don't bake anything and I won't deep fry anything and the particular food type in the problem restaurant is really just too specialized to do at home. I can't even buy the proper ingredients.

Edited by Jingthing

Just this one time, I think I will act as a free google service for you, directly answering your question, and I hope this marks the ending of this silly little kerfuffle:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-12149-metrocream+top.aspx?drugid=12149&drugname=metrocream+top

This medication is used on the skin to treat a certain skin disorder known asrosacea, a type of adult acne. It may help to decrease redness, swelling and the number of pimples caused by rosacea.

As a victim of both acne rosacea and basel cell carcenoma I thank you for these excellent links.

I have also been banned from 2 restaurants in Pattaya

because I objected to being photographed and harassed by the NGOs.

The manager saw nothing when I complained so I became the bad man.

Such a pity we cannot name and shame these restaurants.

Edited by jobsworth

As a victim of both acne rosacea and basel cell carcenoma I thank you for these excellent links.

I have also been banned from 2 restaurants in Pattaya

because I objected to being photographed and harassed by the NGOs.

The manager saw nothing when I complained so I became the bad man.

Such a pity we cannot name and shame these restaurants.

NGO's in Restaurant harassing you?? being photographed?

You sure you were banned for that and not for being there perhaps with a minor?

• Like 1

You would seem the type of customer that would clear his plate THEN COMPLAIN that it was not what you ordered or NOT of an acceptable standard, i had a Thai restaurant in the U.K. and very, very rarely would meet your type of A---e Hole, if me i would kick your Arse out of the door, using reasonable force as necessary if required. People like you easily spoil other peoples night out, go buy some 5 Baht noodles and sit on the side of the road.

You would seem the type of customer that would clear his plate THEN COMPLAIN that it was not what you ordered or NOT of an acceptable standard,

Seems like. That's not me. That little rant was ALL about you projecting about something you are familiar with and about your personal baggage. NOTHING to do with me or the ONE restaurant in question.

... go buy some 5 Baht noodles and sit on the side of the road.

No.
5 baht for noodles? What century was that?
Edited by Jingthing

You would seem the type of customer that would clear his plate THEN COMPLAIN that it was not what you ordered or NOT of an acceptable standard, i had a Thai restaurant in the U.K. and very, very rarely would meet your type of A---e Hole, if me i would kick your Arse out of the door, using reasonable force as necessary if required. People like you easily spoil other peoples night out, go buy some 5 Baht noodles and sit on the side of the road.

Whoau!! I for one wouldn`t dare to visit your restaurant,even if I just took one bite of the dish! (How else would I know if it was substandard?) You says that you "had a Thai restaurant".Could it be,that you also had a reputation of kicking customers A---e Holes,something not many people would want to risk? Relax,man,nothing here to be upset about!

Jingthing seems to be getting a fair bit of stick on the thread, some perhaps unfairly. His reluctance to be clear on the item seems to cause difficulty.

Lets see if my made up example is close.

Lets say jingthing loves freshly prepared crepes. The restaurant serves them with either (option 1) ice cream, OR diced fruit salad (option 2). You can have them with both icecream AND fruit salad, but you must pay extra (surcharge).

Now, Jingthing likes crepes with icecream. He doesn't want fruit salad. So, he orders his crepes under option 1, BUT, he does not want the crepe folded over the ice cream (as it is normally served), so he asks for the ice cream to be served outside the crepe. He enjoys his delicious dish of crepe and ice cream, relishing every piece, and goes to pay his bill. There, on the bill is a surcharge. Hells bells, he only had option 1, and should pay only the basic charge as he did not have the fruit salad as well. How to prove? All the"evidence" has been cleared from his plate.

We know what happends then:

Stanz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!

Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!

Winston Zeddmore: The dead rising from the grave!

Venkman: Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Personally, and this will make many laugh, I envision Thailand somewhat like a set of cogs. Providing you mesh exactly with the system, everything goes quite smoothly. The minute you go "against the grain" so to speak, it all comes to a screeching halt.

Edited by FWIW
  • Like 2

Jingthing seems to be getting a fair bit of stick on the thread, some perhaps unfairly. His reluctance to be clear on the item seems to cause difficulty.

Lets see if my made up example is close.

Lets say jingthing loves freshly prepared crepes. The restaurant serves them with either (option 1) ice cream, OR diced fruit salad (option 2). You can have them with both icecream AND fruit salad, but you must pay extra (surcharge).

Now, Jingthing likes crepes with icecream. He doesn't want fruit salad. So, he orders his crepes under option 1, BUT, he does not want the crepe folded over the ice cream (as it is normally served), so he asks for the ice cream to be served outside the crepe. He enjoys his delicious dish of crepe and ice cream, relishing every piece, and goes to pay his bill. There, on the bill is a surcharge. Hells bells, he only had option 1, and should pay only the basic charge as he did not have the fruit salad as well. How to prove? All the"evidence" has been cleared from his plate.

We know what happends then:

Stanz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!

Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!

Winston Zeddmore: The dead rising from the grave!

Venkman: Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Personally, and this will make many laugh, I envision Thailand somewhat like a set of cogs. Providing you mesh exactly with the system, everything goes quite smoothly. The minute you go "against the grain" so to speak, it all comes to a screeching halt.

Nice post !

So seemingly it's a communication thing, maybe before ordering it would be prudent to make sure what the price will be, no harm in double checking before it is gobbled up either (especially if the problem is prevalent).

Now I'm not saying this is anyone's fault in particular, far be it from be to suggest it would be Jingthing's fault (and I'm quite sure it isn't), however he does seem to get a bit hot under the collar when he inevitably has to defend himself in these topics of his and I wonder whether that comes across in his face to face confrontations.

It could turn out of course that that he has clarified prices and doubled check before, he may even have said so in this topic (apologies for not reading it through again, not enough time, hope you understand), but I'm sure he'll be along with some CAPITALS to point out WHERE he has been wronged and set us all straight.

totster smile.png

Edited by Totster
  • Like 1

Excuse me for perhaps taking most of the fun out of this by saying,that in my opinion,it would all have been so much easier and certainly not have requierd 171 posts,if people had just answered his question.What was the question..? Ahh,you forgot didn`t you,he,he.

• Like 1

I really can't go into any more detail about the ordering system of the restaurant in question or I would reveal the identity of the restaurant. You'll have to believe me on that. As far as I'm concerned this thread should have fizzled out long ago ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/624280-can-you-legally-be-banned-from-eating-at-a-restaurant/?p=6181822

Edited by Jingthing

Excuse me for perhaps taking most of the fun out of this by saying,that in my opinion,it would all have been so much easier and certainly not have requierd 171 posts,if people had just answered his question.What was the question..? Ahh,you forgot didn`t you,he,he.

Nope. Early posts posted quite clearly that "legal" matters were the least of his worries.

Maybe it's the business opportunity that is being missed here.

Now maybe Jingthing is a man of more then adequate means ... but we can always do with a bit more, a bit on the side ... call it a salad.

So, here we have jt affirming that this dish which he desires highly is not available for 150 klms.

Maybe he can open his own restaurant and thus satisfy the unrequited demand for this foodstuff and, by the undoubtedly higher level of customer, he can raise the dining experience in Pattaya by offering superior service.

JT, will of course scoff at the mere idea ... but what do you guys think?

Jingthing restaurant owner extraordinaire ??

I don't think he was asking me out on a date, but if he was, he should have sent a pic.

Ask you out???? I can assure you I am 100% straight, but as I am reasonably good looking, maybe I should have sent you a Pic, why not get a picture of Diddums, he obviously likes you.

>This medication is used on the skin to treat a certain skin disorder known asrosacea, a type of adult acne. It may help to decrease redness, swelling and the number of pimples caused by rosacea.

OK Jingthing, thanks, I am not looking for an answer to this from you, but I did try googling several times with no success, and American Pharmacies don't ship to Thailand.

I'm not sure why you'd wanna keep going back to an establishment where they don't get your order right or they over charge you for things?!

However, maybe you can start a clean slate with them... Go in there and apologise for any misunderstandings you have had in the past and try not to get too shirty with them. You suggeste din your OP that on more than one occasion things got 'hot' between you and the manager (oooh err! wink.png) so maybe you want to cool your temper and attitude a little bit?

At the end of the day, they can have whoever they want in their restaurant and they can probably afford to say no to you if you keep being a pain in the arse. wink.png

As for the language barrier... Write down your order?

There are some places near me where the whole menu is in Thai and I pretty much have to explain what I want with the basic Thai I know, the best way I found not to be disappointed (I'm quite fussy, you see!) was to write it all down for them! That way there is no argument as it's written in black and white.

Edited by phuturatica

OK Jingthing, thanks, I am not looking for an answer to this from you, but I did try googling several times with no success, and American Pharmacies don't ship to Thailand.

Metrocream is sold at BOOTS Thailand, over the counter, so I reckon many Thai pharmacies have it. Why would you need to ship in from the USA?

I'm not sure why you'd wanna keep going back to an establishment where they don't get your order right or they over charge you for things?!

However, maybe you can start a clean slate with them... Go in there and apologise for any misunderstandings you have had in the past and try not to get too shirty with them. You suggeste din your OP that on more than one occasion things got 'hot' between you and the manager (oooh err! wink.png) so maybe you want to cool your temper and attitude a little bit?

At the end of the day, they can have whoever they want in their restaurant and they can probably afford to say no to you if you keep being a pain in the arse. wink.png

As for the language barrier... Write down your order?

There are some places near me where the whole menu is in Thai and I pretty much have to explain what I want with the basic Thai I know, the best way I found not to be disappointed (I'm quite fussy, you see!) was to write it all down for them! That way there is no argument as it's written in black and white.

Your advice is irrelevant but I can't fully explain why or I would reveal the restaurant.