Help! Devastated About Wife And Her Family...

Swiss1960

I don't know why Buddha and Kharma hit me so badly, I am really devastated... I am reading so much about all you guys problems but can't find any in my situation... why, why, why???

My wife's father is retired, has money, owns house, second wife working, never sick, no water buffalos, supports his daughter if needed

My wife is divorced and her ex-husband still cares about kids and pays for school (tuition, books, meals)....

My wife works, never was a bar girl but speaks pretty good English, is not hiso chinese, pure Thai woman, owns her house, introduces me to her friends, never asks me for money, loves me, never has unexplainable absences from skype or msn, never changes phone numbers...

What did I do wrong? Why do I not get cheated and extorted like all you other guys??? Or... could it be that I am experiencing "normality"???

What is your thinking about my situation?

• Like 1

Is the relationship long distance? From this comment - never has unexplainable absences from skype or msn, never changes phone numbers - sounds like it is. If so, i'd wait until you've done the living together thing long term before you start blowing your trumpet.

Well spotted.

With the modern internet capable phone, one is always at home.

Is the relationship long distance? From this comment - never has unexplainable absences from skype or msn, never changes phone numbers - sounds like it is. If so, i'd wait until you've done the living together thing long term before you start blowing your trumpet.

Well spotted.

With the modern internet capable phone, one is always at home.

Ah Tommo, that where some farang are one step ahead.

The other week I was having a similair conversation with some farang tourist who was being talked into buying his tee rak some 30k plus phone.

My advice to him was, get a TOT landline to the house, costs 100 baht per month, buy a cheapo 400 baht phone from Tesco and guy her 600 baht for the line rental for the next 6 months.

Total outlay, 1,000 baht, and if she is the good girl she says she is, she will be at home waiting your call.

Last time I saw the girl she was heading for Soi Cowboy with no farang in tow, he hasnt been seen since, good luck to the guy.

• Like 1

Oh the joys of a long distance relationship where your lovely Thai girl is waiting patiently for your next call.

It must be so nice to know that your teerak is in constant contact with her "ex husband" whilst you are thousands of miles away.

I wish you the best of luck smile.png

• Like 1

Jbrain: thanks for doing your research. For my first post, I had a GF back home and was looking at options to come to Thailand with her. Knowing that without being married, it’s not possible, I called her my wife. But things did not go well, now with a Thai GF (which I call my wife, have explained that in another thread, they just like (want) to be called “wife”).

I am with my Thai “wife” since End of August (actually my GF in Switzerland literally kicked me out when I talked with her about my plans) when I was on a holiday. However I do know her for much longer as an acquaintance, met her on a charity event. Thus, I am pretty well aware of her family, her history, her job etc. as we did not consider more than friendship before. So yes, am not in the least disturbed about her ex-husband. And yes, it’s long distance, and yes, Skype is an instrument where you see where she is (so I see whether she is at home, see and talk with her kids also), so one is being available on the phone, but skype gives you a pretty clear picture of where she is when available.

But all that aside… and having had my experiences in the years before (yes to younger girls, yes to bargirls, yes to losing money etc.) and reading all the only negative threads on here, I thought to just let people know that there ARE other women who are not about cheating, extorting, money etc.

Whether I will be proven wrong one day... time only will show...

I am with my Thai “wife” since End of August

Would that be all of seven months? Of that seven months how many days have you actually spent with your Thai "wife"?

A lot of the challenges that others have faced seemingly crop up after longer of periods of time together?

• Like 1

A lot of the challenges don't come up with women who are educated and don't work on their backs AND men who are interested in a genuine relationship instead of feeling all macho for throwing money around to make ladies interested in them. Normal people will find normal partners.

• Like 1

Jbrain: thanks for doing your research. For my first post, I had a GF back home and was looking at options to come to Thailand with her. Knowing that without being married, it’s not possible, I called her my wife. But things did not go well, now with a Thai GF (which I call my wife, have explained that in another thread, they just like (want) to be called “wife”).

I am with my Thai “wife” since End of August (actually my GF in Switzerland literally kicked me out when I talked with her about my plans) when I was on a holiday. However I do know her for much longer as an acquaintance, met her on a charity event. Thus, I am pretty well aware of her family, her history, her job etc. as we did not consider more than friendship before. So yes, am not in the least disturbed about her ex-husband. And yes, it’s long distance, and yes, Skype is an instrument where you see where she is (so I see whether she is at home, see and talk with her kids also), so one is being available on the phone, but skype gives you a pretty clear picture of where she is when available.

But all that aside… and having had my experiences in the years before (yes to younger girls, yes to bargirls, yes to losing money etc.) and reading all the only negative threads on here, I thought to just let people know that there ARE other women who are not about cheating, extorting, money etc.

Since the end of August?????? Come on now.....smile.png You are funning me.

• Like 1

Since the end of August?????? Come on now.....smile.png You are funning me.

Right, it's called the Honeymoon Period ...... laugh.png

totster cheesy.gif

• Like 1

That's why you have the perfect relationship. It only exists inside your head.

Strange because according to this topic you don't live in Thailand and your wife isn't Thai at all

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/576899-retirement-visa-what-about-wife-kids/

Am about to retire to Thailand, age and funds not an issue, but these are the possible issues:

- having a wife who is neither Thai nor Swiss citizen (Swiss C permit) => what kind of Visa would she need / get ?

- she has a small kid to which I am not the father, but she is the sole guardian (father did give up all rights) and kid is 10 => would the kid get the Visa automatically through the mother?

And according to this topic a few months later you donm't even have a wife at all.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/599818-tourist-things-to-do-in-cm-with-gf/

Thanks in advance for giving me some ideas about things to do in Chiang Mai when I will drop by for 3 days in january. Will be there with my girlfriend and looking for the "must see" of this city. It's our first visit and just want to stroll around and see the main attractions. Any ideas and recommendations highly appreciated.

So back under your bridge

Well done. Good research. Now maybe some of us can feel better about our completely miserable situation as opposed to his fake paradise. 555

Would it be unfair to call this person a likely liar and a complete buffoon?

Aren't things posted on the internet "forever"?

Edited by watcharacters

They can all pretend to love you for 6 months.