Getting A Supply Of 10 Baht Change For The Baht Buses ...

Jingthing

I think that I have been in the sun too long....I have spent 5 precious minutes reading this thread....

Time to get into the garden I think

My problem always seems to be getting rid of one baht coins......those I sellotape together in 10 bahts....and am still embarassed trying to spend them

"That cofirms it" now I have wasted more time by replyingbah.gif

Why are you embarrassed? Small shops love one baht coins for making change.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an awesome thread!

Unfortunately I had to take a Bath bus recently and I went through a similar dilemma.

I recently sold a moped and had to take the leather express up to the main smog filled highway to make my way across town to a place that rents out mopeds at a reasonable price to foreigners. So I went into a quick stop and bought a bottle of water to make sure that I had the proper coin so I wouldn't have to deal with exactly what you're describing in regards to the driver just taking off with 20 Baht.

The best part of this story for me is the end. The bus took me from my part of town then around the old dolphin and onto Beach Road and I got off at 2nd near walking street. The entire bus emptied at the same time. There was an old guy with a severe limp so I waited for him to get out before me, by the time I got out with my coin in hand the bus was already taking off. And that's not the first time something like that has happened. The drivers tend to get confused easily. I'm not out to rip off the drivers, far be it. So when it happens, I just laugh.