Hitler Fashion Statements Confuse, Offend Tourists In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does seem bizarre that Thais seem to look up to Adolf Hitler when it's fairly likely, he would have probably sent them to the gas chamber given half the chance. I've been into several rich Thai households with large portraits of the fuehrer hanging pride of place in the living room...I just don't get it =[

sushi5734, on 11 Mar 2013 - 15:56, said:

Does seem bizarre that Thais seem to look up to Adolf Hitler when it's fairly likely, he would have probably sent them to the gas chamber given half the chance. I've been into several rich Thai households with large portraits of the fuehrer hanging pride of place in the living room...I just don't get it =[

yes strange, my neighbor put the german flag with swastica out, together with the Thai flag and the yellow one.

And he is a studied person....strange....

"sent them to the gas chamber" is a bit exaggerated. He thought the Germans are superior but he had no problems with Japanese, Tibet, North Indian, Croatians were Arian....He actually used the racism for populism, but everyone who supported him was immediately a good race. Russian and Serbian: Bad Slavic. Ukraine, Croatian good one. If Thais would have helped him, he would quickly find out that they are in fact a lost German tribe :-))))

Could just have been a defaced portrait of you know who. smile.png

Edited by bigbamboo

yes strange, my neighbor put the german flag with swastica out, together with the Thai flag and the yellow one.

"sent them to the gas chamber" is a bit exaggerated. He thought the Germans are superior but he had no problems with Japanese, Tibet, North Indian, Croatians were Arian....He actually used the racism for populism, but everyone who supported him was immediately a good race. Russian and Serbian: Bad Slavic. Ukraine, Croatian good one. If Thais would have helped him, he would quickly find out that they are in fact a lost German tribe :-))))

I think even he would have found it a stretch to find the racial superiority in the mish mash of Thai genetics.

The Japanese did horrendous things in the Philippines and China, which if the Thais had resisted more, would no doubt have happened here. Thais are ethnically Chinese not since Aryan master race.

My BIL, an educated Thai and a decent chappy with whom I get along with very well has a fixation with military regalia..

Part of this fixation is his adornment of the Swastika and Third Reich Imagery... I've tried to tell him what these symbols represent and that to many the symbol is so closely linked to the slaughter of about 6 million innocent people it is highly offensive. I have also tried to explain the ideology of the Third Reich and that had my BIL himself lived in the day he would possibly be a target of the 'Ethnic Cleansing' policies.

Like many, he simply does not think beyond the idea that these images look cool, to him at least. I believe this represents a huge gap in emotional responsibility so evident in society today.

Where responsibility for ones actions is diminishing, where accountability is lost and where concept of consequence is absent the remaining consciousness is simply one of want without the levels of maturity usually associated with the higher stages of social awareness.

Are you sure you explained what EXACTLY the Swastika symbol means? Where did it come from ? I hope you did not happen to tell people that the Swastika symbol was created by Hitler. Google the meaning of the Swastika Symbol. You will find the difference between the "Swastika Symbol" and the "Nazi Symbol". If you still think that they both looks the same and means the same then you are no different from the ignorants. Being a Hindu I feel offended when people use the word Swastika for the Nazi Symbol. Hitler borrowed the symbol but look at those symbols you will see the difference. If not then probably you might get offended when you visit any Hindu Temple. But - I agree that these "Hitler Fashion Statements" craze in Thailand is Offensive.

I don't think people get too confused.

Whatever..............

She's pretty cute and there's something about that uniform.

The one behind has a certain "sternness ".

His original name was Schimmel Gruber. He changed it He was born of Austrian Jewish decent.

What do you expect from a country full of over 60 million people who don't know that a world exists beyond their borders and who generally despise non-Thais? Nothing new here for those of us who live here. Let the 2 week tourists be surprised. coffee1.gif

I returned home after 5 months away, and even 20 minutes before my station on the BKK Chiang Mai, line, I was recognised and welcomed home.

Then from the moment I stepped onto the platform 7 days ago, until now, I have had nothing but smiles and "welcome home" from everywhere. I am not despised by anyone except my ex gf. LOL ... It is the happiest home I have ever had, and am constantly being invited to dine with friends, rich and poor. I guess it's because I embrace Thai culture, and am making a real attempt at the language, writing every day. I am not a farang who sits here thinking Thailand owes me something.

His original name was Schimmel Gruber. He changed it He was born of Austrian Jewish decent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Schicklgruberermm.gif

Yes, but white people did this, so that makes it okay.

Sort of yes, because white folk were killed by the million by a white folk. sad.png .

Mr Bean, aka Rowan Atkinson has a history of roles where he extracts the urine from various classes of people (mostly upper class twits).. See Blackadder for enlightenment.

He doesn't glorify the Nazi uniform, he ridicules it and the salute and goose step etc. Monty Pythons crew did the same style with equally funny results.

• Like 1

Yes, but white people did this, so that makes it okay.

Sort of yes, because white folk were killed by the million by a white folk. sad.png .

Mr Bean, aka Rowan Atkinson has a history of roles where he extracts the urine from various classes of people (mostly upper class twits).. See Blackadder for enlightenment.

He doesn't glorify the Nazi uniform, he ridicules it and the salute and goose step etc. Monty Pythons crew did the same style with equally funny results.

AND, Harry Enfield. smile.png

• Like 1

Wikipedia helps:

Hitler's father, Alois Hitler (1837–1903), was the illegitimate child of Maria Anna Schicklgruber. The baptismal register did not show the name of Alois's father, so Alois bore his mother's surname. In 1842, Johann Georg Hiedler married Anna. After she died in 1847 and he in 1856, Alois was brought up in the family of Hiedler's brother, Johann Nepomuk Hiedler.[7] In 1876, Alois was legitimated and the baptismal register changed by a priest before three witnesses

I think even he would have found it a stretch to find the racial superiority in the mish mash of Thai genetics.

The Japanese did horrendous things in the Philippines and China, which if the Thais had resisted more, would no doubt have happened here. Thais are ethnically Chinese not since Aryan master race.

Well the northern Indian were Indo-Germans, Tibet was the most probable origin of the Arians, and race study showed that that the Chinese are smarter.

I think he could have stretched it that far to make Thais Arian.....If you read his book he could get idiotic ideas like no one else.....

Well the northern Indian were Indo-Germans, Tibet was the most probable origin of the Arians, and race study showed that that the Chinese are smarter.

I think he could have stretched it that far to make Thais Arian.....If you read his book he could get idiotic ideas like no one else.....

Well, I'm not getting into a pissing match about iqs, but the jews are intellectually at the top or there about.

He was a very evil man, and evil is a word not used lightly in this context. His ideas have been disproven over and over again. I once read a book that claimed that when the south east Asian Chinese are classed as the jews of Asia, it's yes wrong way round.

The Chinese modeled themselves in what they had seen in Europe. Let that be a salutory and final thought on that discussion.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Oh, the hitler thread again. Whoopee. All we need now is a thread full of raging farang complaining about being called farang and our day will be complete.

Yesterday a couple of Thai kids laughed as I went past them and when I asked them why they laughed they replied because you are farang that looks like Hitler. House is on the market, car on the market and I'm leaving and going back to UK.sucks...but do you look like hitler?

sucks but do you look like hitler?

Well, I'm not getting into a pissing match about iqs, but the jews are intellectually at the top or there about.

He was a very evil man, and evil is a word not used lightly in this context. His ideas have been disproven over and over again. I once read a book that claimed that when the south east Asian Chinese are classed as the jews of Asia, it's yes wrong way round.

The Chinese modeled themselves in what they had seen in Europe. Let that be a salutory and final thought on that discussion.

And somehow this makes Thai kids wear Nazi clothes and march in a parade and salute the Swastika?

There appears to be genetic evidence:

Haplogroup E1b1b1 is

common among Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews, as well as Berbers of

Africa’s Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia. It is extremely rare among people

of Western European descent. Also, a significant proportion of the

Afro-Asiatic Jewish population carries E1b1b1. It is considered one of

the major founding markers of the Jewish lineage and is carried through

the male chromosome

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/dna-tests-show-hitler-had-jewish-and-african-roots

I did history throughout all my school years in the UK. This was at a grammar school in the 60s. I cannot remember a mention of anywhere east of the Indian sub-continent in all those lessons. Neither were we taught about anything that happened after about 1875 so I find it easy to believe that a vast majority of Thais, especially those that have never been outside of Thailand, know anything at all about European history. I certainly knew nothing of theirs until I started to visit.

If that happened at a grammar school then I am truly thankful I had a UK state education during the sixties and seventies.

WW1 and 2 and twentieth century world history were covered.

We even had one lesson I vividly remember on the Burma railway! I remember History and Geography lessons with particular fondness.

Your teachers let you down badly imo.

On the contrary they were preparing us for exams where we'd be asked questions like 'Where are Quatre Bras and La Haye Sante - what is their significance'? or 'Explain the Schleswig-Holstein question'. You were expected to write an essay of at least 5 pages in 30 minutes. We were given the choice of answering 6 questions out of 8. They could be on any subject from the Corn Laws to the Peninsula War and we were expected to answer in detail. BTW grammar schools in the 60s WERE state schools so I had a state education too. I can even remember where Quatre Bras and La Haye Sante are although no-one understands the Schleswig-Holstein question biggrin.png

• Like 1

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Posts have been removed. Sweeping generalizations about whole populations won't be tolerated.

I don't agree with the spin of that blog and I don't think HAARETZ (the best Israeli news source) would agree with it either (where I first read about it). It is academically interesting to know the truth whether the most horrific genocide perpetrator against Jews in history did in fact have some Jewish ancestry or not. The noise you buy into I don't buy into and I don't think anyone else should either.

If you're saying the genetic evidence thing is BS, it may well be, but that's another story, nothing to do with the bizarre spin you just linked to.

BTW, the blog you linked to is REALLY bizarre. The author appears to be some kind of radical fascist. If you don't believe me, check this:

http://aryan-myth-and-metahistory.blogspot.com/2013/01/aryan-art-and-disease-of-modern-culture.html

The author of the blog you are suggesting we should take seriously:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/06830224219165533889

Edited by Jingthing

I don't agree with the spin of that blog and I don't think HAARETZ (the best Israeli news source) would agree with it either (where I first read about it). It is academically interesting to know the truth whether the most horrific genocide perpetrator against Jews in history did in fact have some Jewish ancestry or not. The noise you buy into I don't buy into and I don't think anyone else should either.

If you're saying the genetic evidence thing is BS, it may well be, but that's another story, nothing to do with the bizarre spin you just linked to.

BTW, the blog you linked to is REALLY bizarre. The author appears to be some kind of radical fascist. If you don't believe me, check this:

http://aryan-myth-and-metahistory.blogspot.com/2013/01/aryan-art-and-disease-of-modern-culture.html

The author of the blog you are suggesting we should take seriously:

http://www.blogger.com/profile/06830224219165533889

Its neo-Nazi junk and you have been caught peddling it. Wriggle all you want. Looks like those 'innocent' Thais have another player on the team rosta. Edited by yoshiwara

Its neo-Nazi junk and you have been caught peddling it. Wriggle all you want. Looks like those 'innocent' Thais have another player on the team rosta.

You seem to be trying to prove that with a seemingly Neo-Nazi blog. I don't have time to read all the garbage on that site though. I really don't know what game you're trying to play but I don't like it. It's fine if you don't accept any evidence that Hitler had Jewish ancestry. I think it is interesting to know either way. If you're serious, perhaps use a more CREDIBLE source to prove there is no evidence of Hitler's Jewish ancestry. That weird link you supplied is scandalously absurd. It doesn't change history whether Hitler had Jewish roots or not, but considering what he did do in his life, it is certainly interesting to a lot of people, including a lot of Jews. It would also be interesting to know what Hitler knew or didn't know about his Jewish roots (if he had them).

Edited by Jingthing