Lamb Shanks

Giggsy

Maggs on Theprasit rd do a good lamb shank at reasonable price or if you fancy something posh Cafe des Amis do a great lamb shank as a signature dish.

Where is Cafe des Amis?

Turn left into Soi Norway (top of the hill heading towards Jomtien) just before Mata Hari's on Thappraya road, go to the bottom of the soi turn left and it's up on your right. Never been myself yet but I will at some point when I feel flushed.

That's not a lot of good - shows the place in the middle of the railway road next to the Eastern Hotel. Anyone with any better directions ?

ok stand at the front of the Eastern hotel and look for the restaurant and its neighboring Visa shop on its left side as mentioned before in this thgread

the pioneer bar is its neighbour on its right side

anything else?

maybe GPS ?

Thought I would try this tonight and eventually found it - although the only Eastern I saw was a resort way before it if you are coming from Suk.

The Lamb Shank was both the most expensive item and the only one I noticed that was overstickered at 380baht. The shank was okay, not overly large, well cooked. choice of spuds and veg, gravy was nice and they had Colemans original Mint sauce.

Service was very good and seemed a very friendly gaff. I would like to try Cherries again to compare as the last time I had one there it was bigger, as tasty if not more so and only 280baht - but that was a while ago.

• Like 1

That's not a lot of good - shows the place in the middle of the railway road next to the Eastern Hotel. Anyone with any better directions ?

ok stand at the front of the Eastern hotel and look for the restaurant and its neighboring Visa shop on its left side as mentioned before in this thgread

anything else?

maybe GPS ?

Thought I would try this tonight and eventually found it - although the only Eastern I saw was a resort way before it if you are coming from Suk.

The Lamb Shank was both the most expensive item and the only one I noticed that was overstickered at 380baht. The shank was okay, not overly large, well cooked. choice of spuds and veg, gravy was nice and they had Colemans original Mint sauce.

Service was very good and seemed a very friendly gaff. I would like to try Cherries again to compare as the last time I had one there it was bigger, as tasty if not more so and only 280baht - but that was a while ago.

I'm still trying to locate this place. Is it before or after the railway line coming from Sukhumvit?

After about 1km on your right before the 7/11 on your left.

Thanks. So what's with all the directions re standing at the front of the Eastern Hotel and looking to your left? You wouldn't even be able to see that restaurant from the Eastern. The Eastern is before the railway line. Talk about misleading information.

Edited by giddyup

Thanks. So what's with all the directions re standing at the front of the Eastern Hotel and looking to your left? You wouldn't even be able to see that restaurant from the Eastern. The Eastern is before the railway line. Talk about misleading information.

Yep, those original directions were a joke and to rub salt in the wound the poster was being very patronising about it as well, he needs to have a word with himself.

It's nowhere near the Eastern. As said, head east up the soi over the railway and it's about a click up on your right...look out for a green and red 'car rental' sign on your left....it's opposite there. It's a good place and they will put SKY news on if you want. Nice owner who speaks good English, but the rest of the staff don't..

Patience is required though, you do NOT get your food quickly.

Edited by Pattaya Pat

anything else?

maybe GPS ?

Maybe you should get your facts right before you go with the patronising tone...STAND at the front of the Eastern Hotel?? You wouldn't even be able to see the restaurant with a pair of binoculars from the eastern hotel....back to the directions class for you sonny boy.

anything else?

maybe GPS ?

Maybe you should get your facts right before you go with the patronising tone...STAND at the front of the Eastern Hotel?? You wouldn't even be able to see the restaurant with a pair of binoculars from the eastern hotel....back to the directions class for you sonny boy.

my first thought upon reading this was 'who does he think he is?'

well a brief meander through your posts told me that you think you are very special indeed

in fact after reading your previous acerbic, rude and holier than though comments, i thought you should consider a name change to Patronizing Pattaya Pat or patpatpat for short

you sound like a very balanced chap, you have a chip on both shoulders

so patpatpat whereas i would normally apologize for wrong-footing someone, i will reserve that for someone more polite and deserving

for you, i will simply say i am very happy you got lost, had i known it was going to receive this reception when trying to help you, i would have misdirected you even further

i will sum up my feelings towards you by quoting a recent comment you directed at kittenkong on another thread, you said to him:

''You are not even worth talking too.''

(i would point out that i copied and pasted this directly from patpatpat's post and that in this context 'to' has only one 'o', not two, or too)

i would not want the dear reader to think i was an illiterate....

anything else?

maybe GPS ?

my first thought upon reading this was 'who does he think he is?'

well a brief meander through your posts told me that you think you are very special indeed

in fact after reading your previous acerbic, rude and holier than though comments, i thought you should consider a name change to Patronizing Pattaya Pat or patpatpat for short

you sound like a very balanced chap, you have a chip on both shoulders

so patpatpat whereas i would normally apologize for wrong-footing someone, i will reserve that for someone more polite and deserving

for you, i will simply say i am very happy you got lost, had i known it was going to receive this reception when trying to help you, i would have misdirected you even further

i will sum up my feelings towards you by quoting a recent comment you directed at kittenkong on another thread, you said to him:

''You are not even worth talking too.''

(i would point out that i copied and pasted this directly from patpatpat's post and that in this context 'to' has only one 'o', not two, or too)

i would not want the dear reader to think i was an illiterate....

Funny that, as that was what I thought when I read your original patronising post.

And yes, I made a typo which I did actually notice, but couldn't be asked to changed it...but well done on that, have a gold star.

As for your 'directions' where did I say I got lost? I don't need an apology thanks, but I'm sure you will offer one to the other posters that you miselead.

GPS anyone?

Edited by Pattaya Pat

It confused the hell out of me but I thought it was just because I was a dark side newbie......whistling.gif

If you look for a blue illuminated sign high on the right (after crossing the railway line coming from SUK) that says NATS it is about 100m past that on the right. The better marker is probably PP's car rental place.

It confused the hell out of me but I thought it was just because I was a dark side newbie......whistling.gif

If you look for a blue illuminated sign high on the right (after crossing the railway line coming from SUK) that says NATS it is about 100m past that on the right. The better marker is probably PP's car rental place.

Thanks, I spotted it yesterday on my way into Tesco's. Nowhere near the Eastern Hotel as first suggested.

Thanks, I spotted it yesterday on my way into Tesco's. Nowhere near the Eastern Hotel as first suggested.

sorry, i misled everyone on the eastern hotel direction (except patpatpat)

my friend who lives around there suggested it as a starting point , i took it to mean it was opposite

my error, i got a gold star for typo spotting though

post-81023-0-31945800-1380930985.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cafe Ritz in Jomtien complex does pretty good lamb too, but the bookings are a bit tight

they have just started doing sunday lunches too

I called John (owner Cafe Ritz) he said they started opening at 3pm on Sundays, so not quite lunch but caring in mind they used to close on Sundays its a good result they do a fantastic FRESH roast, everything is done fresh each day. The Yorkshires come straight out of the oven onto your plate. Fantastic. Fresh is Best.

Cafe Ritz is located inside Jomtien complex ( some people call Jomtien Plaza ) 20 yards from The Fantacy bar.

Its a small building with a white conservatory front. Unfortunately John is sick at the age of almost 90 so hes not there much now but standards are still high his GF is running it.

Map attached.

post-176065-0-87691000-1382256363_thumb.

post-176065-0-31069600-1382256369_thumb.

Edited by Restaurant101