Want To Rent In Chiang Mai.

teletiger

I'm going to move this to the CM forum for more local knowledge. Probably get lost in the accommodation forum but will keep a link in it. You can start by looking at the Thaivisa Classifieds for what's available.

Really don't know what quality of house you are looking to rent. But let me presume it is average and you wish to rent furnished. Mae Rim and Sansai are not in the centre of Chiang Mai so you can expect to pay lower than Chiang Mai rent for a house. 2 years ago when I was looking for a house to rent I looked at just about every area of Chiang Mai. Here is the average price of 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom houses furnished in the following areas. Hang Dong 7,000 - 10,000 bahts. Sansai 7,000 - 10,000 bahts. Doi Saket 5,000 - 7,000 bahts. San kampang 5,000 - 10,000 bahts.. We finally rented a house in the city of Chiang Mai, because at that time we did not have a car. We paid 15,000 per month for a furnished house with 140 talang wah of land. This amount of land was above average for the city and had a very nice garden with many fruit trees. The house was also located within a 100 metres of Mahidol road where we could easily get a red bus to anywhere we wished to go.

I'd like to thank you guys who took the time to reply. We finally settled on a new, modern style house just past Meechock. High end fittings and furnishings, 18K.

There really is a vast range of housing out there in the rental market. Not all of it fit for habitation, I must say.laugh.png

Regards.

I'd like to thank you guys who took the time to reply. We finally settled on a new, modern style house just past Meechock. High end fittings and furnishings, 18K.

There really is a vast range of housing out there in the rental market. Not all of it fit for habitation, I must say.laugh.png

Regards.

Don't forget to visit the local eateries nearby.

There is Mee Mees Burmese restaurant in Ruam Chok market, they do a very nice Burmese Cow Soy.

And Sausage King if you want English breakfasts or a nice Indian curry at very reasonable prices.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

You are right, things have changed, there is a glut of rental properties and generally prices are 10% to 20% cheaper. 3 bed about 7000bht/month. Unfurnished 5000bht/month.

YEAH FOR A SHIT HOLE

You can easily get a 3 bed modern Moobaan house, less than 5 years old, for this price.