Root An I Mobile

zoolander

If you can work with Thai language (or have someone who can help you) you'll probably find it here...

http://droidfriend.com/forums/index.php?board=128.0

Thanks.

I did not have time before but with the help of thaicbr i have just completed the root.

This is what i did, using windows xp:-

1. Downloaded the software, srs one click root, to my computer desk top. Website here http://www.srsroot.com/.

1a. Downloaded the software, HTC Sync Manager. Website here http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/download/

2. On the phone, Enabled 'USB debugging' and 'Unknown Sources'.

3. Connected phone to computer with phone on. I did not install any android drivers.

4. On the srs one click root icon, i clicked on 'Root device (all methods).

5. Follow on screen instructions.

6. Halfway through the process an icon popped up to install software, i canceled this. Then after the process the phone turned off and on automatically.

The phone did not root and the phone sound did not work.

7. Unplugged the phone cable to the pc.

8. I switched the phone off and on again.

9. Reconnected the phone to the pc and on the srs one click root icon, i clicked on 'Root device (smart root)'

10. Follow on screen instructions.

11. Again, halfway through the process an icon popped up to install software, i canceled this. Then after the process the phone turned off and on automatically.

The phone did not root and the phone sound did not work.

12. Unplugged the phone cable to the pc.

13. I switched the phone off and on again.

14. Reconnected the phone to the pc and on the srs one click root icon, i clicked on 'Root device (smart root)'. This time the software confirmed my device was already rooted.

There was a ;Supervisor' icon on the phone.

The phone works fine and i can now install rooted apps and move apps to my external SD card.

I am not sure if HTC Sync Manager software actually did anything during the process.

The process is fairly easy but the fact it failed to work on the first and second attempt left me concerned that i would be left with a broken phone.

The website say they have a 55% success rate and rooting will void any warranty. Try at your own risk.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took 3 goes before it went through but in the end....

---= SRS One-Click-Root v4.5 =---

15:42:12 - Starting ADB Server..
15:42:15 - Manufacturer: alps
15:42:15 - Model: i-mobile i-STYLE Q6
15:42:15 - Android Version: 4.0.4
15:42:15 - Build ID: ALPS.ICS2.6577.SP.V1
15:42:15 - Board ID: tinnoes77_s9050
15:42:15 - Chipset Platform:
15:42:15 - Getting OffSets.. : 0x8003 0xac57 (False)
15:42:16 - Checking Shell Root access: True
15:42:16 - Query Server for Best Method.. Found Rootkit: 5

----= Start Rooting Process.. Please Wait =----

15:42:17 [+] Testing exploit: root5 (please wait..)
15:42:18 [+] Unlock your device screen, it should bring up restore mode.
15:42:27 [+] Press RESTORE button on device NOW! then wait...
15:42:43 [+] Device Reboot #1 (Wait till it's started)
15:46:13 [+] Remounting /system Filesystem as R/W..
15:46:14 [+] Installing SU Binary...
15:46:15 [+] Installing SuperUser APK...
15:46:16 [+] Remounting /system Filesystem as R/O..

15:46:21 [+] Rooting Complete !

I did it on an i-Style Q6 just so people know. On the web site it says it only supports v2.3 but I am still on ICS. All good....

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have a problem with imobile Q6. Android just crashed today and i cant start it any more(start up screen is repeating and nothing happens). I wanted to root phone but windows cant recognize it when i connect usb cable. I cant turn on USB debuging beacause i cant even start the phone. Wiping data and cache didnt help. Anyone knows how to root or fix this?

• 5 months later...

Hi, I have a problem with imobile Q6. Android just crashed today and i cant start it any more(start up screen is repeating and nothing happens). I wanted to root phone but windows cant recognize it when i connect usb cable. I cant turn on USB debuging beacause i cant even start the phone. Wiping data and cache didnt help. Anyone knows how to root or fix this?

I recommend having someone else help you. When it comes to telephones repair (unlike many other types of repair), finding someone to fix it is usually easy, especially the main brands like i-mobile.

YOu have 2 options:

1) Locate an i-Mobile shop if you can, (they know better than anyone all the quirks, and even if you are hacking or cracking they don't care). In Chiang Mai northern region I have only located one i-mobile shop at Airport Central Mall on the third floor around on the side of IT city.

2) Find an independent repairman (see below)

go to your nearest mall, go to the phone area, look for a booth that does phone repairs or jailbreaks or similar (if you are not sure then ask one of the phone shops and they will usually point you to a booth where there are some young hackers/geeks are working, smarter than your average phone salesperson)

Once you have located a shop you are comfortable with, then begin to explain the problem. If their english isn't good, no worries. Most tech terms needed are understood. If you are using a laptop, then bring it with.

But watch them, and if they want to do something major, like reinstall system software, then either do it yourself or make damn sure that they backup your phone first if possible. But with an i-mobile, they are so common here that finding someone who knows how to do it shouldn't be difficult.

Anyone know if there is any JB/4.2.2 ROM available for the IQ 1 ?

Have a look at the i-mobile users Facebook page. I have an IQX3 and had to open an account and join the group for downloading ROMs.

There probably is something out there for the IQ1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the IQ1 has been on a shelf for some months after my wife got a Note 2 instead, but now I dropped and cracked my Nexus 5, and while I wait for a new screen to arrive from China (4,000 baht vs. 8,000 baht repaired by LG Thailand) I thought I'd use the IQ1. I don't know what happened to it while it was on the shelf but it is slooooow now. A cold boot takes a full minute, from clicking the Facebook icon until it's ready 30 full seconds. Maybe software got bigger and more complicated since we used this phone before or something is broke in it.

Anyway I see there is now a V20 firmware available for it (http://droidfriend.com/forums/index.php/topic,1051.0.html) but the website is Thai-only and Google Translate actually make it even less comprehensible, if that is even possible.

So, does anyone have the low down on upgrading an IQ1? I already have ADB on my Linux box, and it sees the phone. I can fastboot into recovery so I guess I just need to upload the V20 to the phone and then pick it from the recovery mode right?

The V20 zip file has a boot.img of 6.3M - seems a tad small for an Android image - the rest is like a filesystem, that I don't think can be loaded through recovery.

The droidfriend forum seems to suggest installing some SP flash tool, is that really necessary? I'd hate having to install a windows pc just to be able to flash a phone, normally adb should be able to do anything any flash tool can do?

"Wiping data and cache didn't help"

Wiping how, from recovery? I didn't think i-mobile had a recovery mode...

If you're stuck in a bootloop it sounds like a bad flash - easier to get out of on some hardware than others, but i-mobile notoriously difficult (no support on the XDA forums, etc). If you're flashing with SPtool you might have success by connecting it without the battery (and loading the right drivers if you haven't already) but be warned, a botched SPtool flash could make it worse, bricking it instead of fixing the bootloop.

Better you take it to i-mobile service center, they'll be able to fix the bootloop and install whatever the latest Android is for that model (then when you get it back you can try rooting it again if you're feeling brave, with e.g. SRSRoot which seems to work better with i-mobile than SuperOneClick).

Well, the IQ1 has been on a shelf for some months after my wife got a Note 2 instead, but now I dropped and cracked my Nexus 5, and while I wait for a new screen to arrive from China (4,000 baht vs. 8,000 baht repaired by LG Thailand) I thought I'd use the IQ1. I don't know what happened to it while it was on the shelf but it is slooooow now. A cold boot takes a full minute, from clicking the Facebook icon until it's ready 30 full seconds. Maybe software got bigger and more complicated since we used this phone before or something is broke in it.

Anyway I see there is now a V20 firmware available for it (http://droidfriend.com/forums/index.php/topic,1051.0.html) but the website is Thai-only and Google Translate actually make it even less comprehensible, if that is even possible.

So, does anyone have the low down on upgrading an IQ1? I already have ADB on my Linux box, and it sees the phone. I can fastboot into recovery so I guess I just need to upload the V20 to the phone and then pick it from the recovery mode right?

The V20 zip file has a boot.img of 6.3M - seems a tad small for an Android image - the rest is like a filesystem, that I don't think can be loaded through recovery.

The droidfriend forum seems to suggest installing some SP flash tool, is that really necessary? I'd hate having to install a windows pc just to be able to flash a phone, normally adb should be able to do anything any flash tool can do?

Sp flash tool is the Mediatek tool. Developed by them for their chipset. It is extremely easy to use.

I managed to recover a bricked phone using it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know this is an old post. But using Sp flash tool it is easy enough to recover. I have a Q6 running Jelly Bean. Lovely!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app