View Doi Mansion

willfreeman

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm also looking for an apartment in Chiang Mai for a month or two. Someone referred me to this forum and the info are quite helpful so far. However, I just have one question - what does exactly by "unit" mean in the electric bill? Is that how Thais call "kilowatt per hour"? Here in the Philippines, we calculate our electric bill based on the kilowatt per hour used. I just want to clarify this so I know what I'm getting into once I need to pay the same. If the unit is the kph cost, then 7 or 8 per unit is too expensive - more than what we are paying right now here in PH. And I thought we have the most expensive electricity rate here in Asia!

Thanks!

Avg kwh is the PH is about 9.5PHP. That translates to about 7B. Seems like they are close enough. I would worry more about the mark up on a one month or two month rental price.. It will def be more than the 1B diff in electric prices.

Hi guys,

I'm also looking for an apartment in Chiang Mai for a month or two. Someone referred me to this forum and the info are quite helpful so far. However, I just have one question - what does exactly by "unit" mean in the electric bill? Is that how Thais call "kilowatt per hour"? Here in the Philippines, we calculate our electric bill based on the kilowatt per hour used. I just want to clarify this so I know what I'm getting into once I need to pay the same. If the unit is the kph cost, then 7 or 8 per unit is too expensive - more than what we are paying right now here in PH. And I thought we have the most expensive electricity rate here in Asia!

Thanks!

Yeah that's my plan. However I think I would really need to go for the lowest monthly rate so I can plan my budget on the electricity coz I consume electricity x3 of average used per person :)

Avg kwh is the PH is about 9.5PHP. That translates to about 7B. Seems like they are close enough. I would worry more about the mark up on a one month or two month rental price.. It will def be more than the 1B diff in electric prices.

Hi guys,

Thanks!