Saudi Arabia Mulls Replacing Public Beheadings With Shooting

webfact

A truly developing nation. Well done. Beheadings these days are a little pre-historic.

I don't get it... why do essentially civilised countries deal with such things as Arabians. I know America leads the charge, but how come there is no moral outrage at a group of objects, walking upright, wearing towels on their heads, acting a lot like proper human beings, (after a lot of education in the west, I grant you). Why aren't they held up as some alternative form of plant life, or an upright walking animal of some kind, instead of being treated as if they were proper human beings?

Civilised countries don't use state approved murder. They usually have a lower crime rate too but deal with Saudis because their over-bloated arms industries can sell their guns/planes/bombs/missiles

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen a beheading and a shooting execution, albeit accidentally, wrong place wrong time, I don't know which method i'd prefer. Both will have a large crowd baying for blood and cheering on the execution.

The sword does a quick job, depending on the crime. Particularly nasty crimes have been met with a blunt blade requiring more than 1 chop.

Shooting involves the executioner standing around 5 or more metres behind the blindfolded kneeling prisoner. The gun is fired from the hip. A Dr checks the prisoner and if still alive he's shot a 2nd, 3rd or more times 30 minutes apart until declared dead.

A truly developing nation. Well done. Beheadings these days are a little pre-historic.

I don't get it... why do essentially civilised countries deal with such things as Arabians. I know America leads the charge, but how come there is no moral outrage at a group of objects, walking upright, wearing towels on their heads, acting a lot like proper human beings, (after a lot of education in the west, I grant you). Why aren't they held up as some alternative form of plant life, or an upright walking animal of some kind, instead of being treated as if they were proper human beings?

Civilised countries don't use state approved murder. They usually have a lower crime rate too but deal with Saudis because their over-bloated arms industries can sell their guns/planes/bombs/missiles

Are you serious ? http://www.ranker.com/list/countries-with-the-highest-crime-rates/web-infoguy

Either way they are DEAD.coffee1.gif

True. But I think it would be a bit better for the executioner to live with for the rest of his life.
Apparently not as he seems to be proud of his job.

Saudi executioner tells all

Saudi Arabia's leading executioner says he is "very proud to do God's

work" and does not lose sleep over beheading several people in one day.

In a rare interview, Muhammad Saad al-Beshi, 42, told the Saudi daily

Arab News that he had executed numerous women, as well as men.

"Despite the fact that I hate violence against women, when it comes to God's will, I have to carry it out."

He expressed indifference about the number of beheadings he was required to carry out.

"It doesn't matter to me: two, four, 10 - as long as I'm doing God's will, it doesn't matter how many people I execute".

I sleep very well... I live a normal life like everyone else

BBC News

Nothing like throwing God's will crap around to rationalize irrational or immoral behaviour. Seems to be a standard in certain cultures. He enjoys this job a bit too much, but perhaps one way to keep a serial killer from targeting innocents.

I am for the death penalty, but I am not not for blaming God or God's will for instituting it. The death penalty is the will of the people, or certain people, and perhaps necessary to maintain civil order.

Man the frick up, accept responsibility and stop spouting anything about God's will to take a life, inflict injury or cause other's harm.

• Like 1

Having seen a beheading and a shooting execution, albeit accidentally, wrong place wrong time, I don't know which method i'd prefer. Both will have a large crowd baying for blood and cheering on the execution.

The sword does a quick job, depending on the crime. Particularly nasty crimes have been met with a blunt blade requiring more than 1 chop.

Shooting involves the executioner standing around 5 or more metres behind the blindfolded kneeling prisoner. The gun is fired from the hip. A Dr checks the prisoner and if still alive he's shot a 2nd, 3rd or more times 30 minutes apart until declared dead.

More than 30 minutes apart? Really? That is disconcerting. Sounds as if they want to inflict as much torture and pain as possible. Has somebody told them that the their is something called lethal injunctions that work quickly without making a mess or is that contrary to their goals.

Mexican cartel members behead live victims and chop of various parts. The world condemns that as barbaric and inhumane. I guess it is neither barbariac nor inhumane provided it is done publically for all to see.

One thing I have learned from reading this nationalistic attack against Saudi Arabia is that few, if any of you, have ever been to Saudi or know any Saudi citizens.

The ignorance about the people there is quite apparent from the tone and tenor of the comments already posed.

Yep, the voice of reason and voice of the only one that knows the "truth.". I don't need to live in a pile of shit to know that it stinks. In fact, those living in a pile of it becomes sensitized to it and start accepting it as okay.

Based on your statement above, do you believe that Western countries should pull out all their expats, intelligence, military support staff & trainers, drone facilities, stop buying energy products and so on out of Saudi Arabia and cease all engagement with the Saudi regime right now?

One thing I have learned from reading this nationalistic attack against Saudi Arabia is that few, if any of you, have ever been to Saudi or know any Saudi citizens.

The ignorance about the people there is quite apparent from the tone and tenor of the comments already posed.

Yep, the voice of reason and voice of the only one that knows the "truth.". I don't need to live in a pile of shit to know that it stinks. In fact, those living in a pile of it becomes sensitized to it and start accepting it as okay.

Based on your statement above, do you believe that Western countries should pull out all their expats, intelligence, military support staff & trainers, drone facilities, stop buying energy products and so on out of Saudi Arabia and cease all engagement with the Saudi regime right now?

That has zero to do with what I said and is certainly beyond the scope. You can try to intellectualize or rationalize around an axiom to the point where you are just exercising intellectual dishonesty.

The execution by gun I stumbled upon was of a man who had been found guilty of attacking a western compound and killing a Saudi guarding the compound.

Not so many years ago executions were only carried out after friday midday prayers in areas commonly referred to as Chop Square. Thats now changed with executions occuring on any day of the week.

The chop i witnessed occurred as i drove through an unfamiliar city just as midday prayers finished. All of a sudden a large crowd of cheering men emerged from the mosque rushing towards an area of the square to watch the execution.

The gun execution was on a thursday which was unusual for that time. I was in town shopping and as I rounded the corner near chop square I heard a loud bang followed by cheers from a large crowd. I continued shopping and heard a further 3 shots each 30 minutes apart. The shopkeepers around the square kept indicating how many shots it had taken.

That has zero to do with what I said and is certainly beyond the scope. You can try to intellectualize or rationalize around an axiom to the point where you are just exercising intellectual dishonesty.

You made a very damning statement about Saudi Arabia full of hatred, if that's what you believe, so be it. The question I posted is absolutely rational and querying your opinion of US support. You are being hypocritical.

Edited by simple1

It's incredible how the US military-industrial establishment systematically goes after supposedly "undemocratic" regimes like Syria and Lybia (which were not that bad at all by Muslim standards - and both were secular states) yet has been protecting the fundamentalist, barbarous and ungrateful Saudis and Pakistanis for decades.

Both Libya & Syria were State sponsors of terrorism, Syria carries on to this day. Pakistan has lost more than 4,000 military personnel fighting Islamic extremists. Saudi Arabia, for self interest, has just about wiped out in country Al Qaeda operatives.

US strategic regional interests by supporting Saudi Arabia & Pakistan, supplying military aid etc, is allegedly the best doctrine and more important to the US administrations at enabling ongoing dialogue in attempts at mitigating Islamic extremism.. Engagement is perceived as in the best interest of the US and it's allies. Right now political & human rights does not appear to be the number one priority as the Arab Spring currently has not been the hoped for success; perhaps 10, 20 or in 50 years time the goals may be achieved.

Now take a wild guess at how many of the 9/11 perpetrators were Saudi citizens - and how much of their funding came from Saudi citizens, too.

They don't all appreciate the US propping up the House of Saud you know.

• Like 2

More than 30 minutes apart? Really? That is disconcerting. Sounds as if they want to inflict as much torture and pain as possible. Has somebody told them that the their is something called lethal injunctions that work quickly without making a mess or is that contrary to their goals.

Mexican cartel members behead live victims and chop of various parts. The world condemns that as barbaric and inhumane. I guess it is neither barbariac nor inhumane provided it is done publically for all to see.

I dont know what country you are from, I am from the UK.

In Uk jails right now I can think of at least half a dozen murders and kiddy fiddlers that I would want to inflict as much torture and pain as possible, in fact I would want them to die a slow agonizing death.

I would do it at the drop of a hat and not lose a nights sleep over it, the tree hugging bleeding heart liberals however saw fit to see thats no longer an option.

Strange how they wont give a vote to the people for reinstating capital punishment, no the facist EU would degree its against their human rights.

Google, Myra Hindley or Ian Huntley for starters.

• Like 2

You made a very damning statement about Saudi Arabia full of hatred, if that's what you believe, so be it. The question I posted is absolutely rational and querying your opinion of US support. You are being hypocritical.

------------------

No, your mind hears race and hatred toward people when I only disagree with a certain conduct or accepted practice. For instance, if you live in a society that accepts abusive behavior toward women, that practice may be become morally acceptable due to desensitization even though the conduct is truly reprehensible. The shit analogy I though clearly illustrated this mentality and my response.

It is unfortunate that some always want to take things further and out of context. This is another problem with world today that people views things only in a light that supports some internal agenda, but that is really opening another can of worms.

Edited by F430murci

It's incredible how the US military-industrial establishment systematically goes after supposedly "undemocratic" regimes like Syria and Lybia (which were not that bad at all by Muslim standards - and both were secular states) yet has been protecting the fundamentalist, barbarous and ungrateful Saudis and Pakistanis for decades.

Boy do you have that right.. I'm not sure what the deal is with the Pakistanis, but we know it's the Saudi's oil. It's pretty much well known that it's the Saudi's money that supports most of the Islamic fundamentalists around the world. Let's call a spade a spade here.. enough is enough.

• Like 1

+1

Is it? Beheading is the swiftest method to kill. The Muslims have done it this way forever. There are cruel punishments in European history tough, designed to inflict pain and a slow death. The breaking wheel, burning at the stake, boiling, disembowelment, dismemberment, drawing and quartering, impalement, and so on. They went out of use as little as two centuries ago. Where capital punishment is concerned, the Muslims achieved civilization 1,000 years earlier.

In Uk jails right now I can think of at least half a dozen murders and kiddy fiddlers that I would want to inflict as much torture and pain as possible, in fact I would want them to die a slow agonizing death.

I would do it at the drop of a hat and not lose a nights sleep over it, the tree hugging bleeding heart liberals however saw fit to see thats no longer an option.

Strange how they wont give a vote to the people for reinstating capital punishment, no the facist EU would degree its against their human rights.

I hear the frustration with the system. I have been there.

Having people executed in bloody manners on public display to me desensitizes people, especially children, to violence and death. The violent approach in Mexico and the beating and burning io people alive in some African countries has not been effective in curbing crime and violent behaviour.

I am very pro death penalty and spent several years working for a State Supreme Court and doing mandatory review of all death penalties. My Justice correctly affirmed all of those. I do disagree with time and resources to affirm, but that does not mean that immediate public beheadings are the proper solution. That is dark ages stuff.

I hear the frustration with the system. I have been there.

Having people executed in bloody manners on public display to me desensitizes people, especially children, to violence and death. The violent approach in Mexico and the beating and burning io people alive in some African countries has not been effective in curbing crime and violent behaviour.

I am very pro death penalty and spent several years working for a State Supreme Court and doing mandatory review of all death penalties. My Justice correctly affirmed all of those. I do disagree with time and resources to affirm, but that does not mean that immediate public beheadings are the proper solution. That is dark ages stuff.

Ok I am a reasonable man, always willing to walk the extra (green) mile.

but that does not mean that immediate public beheadings are the proper solution

Ok no need for immediate, lets wait say 3 or 4 weeks, I am more than willing to carry it out behind closed doors, so no need for public anguish, what method would you prefer, firing old sparky up?

+1

Is it? Beheading is the swiftest method to kill. The Muslims have done it this way forever. There are cruel punishments in European history tough, designed to inflict pain and a slow death. The breaking wheel, burning at the stake, boiling, disembowelment, dismemberment, drawing and quartering, impalement, and so on. They went out of use as little as two centuries ago. Where capital punishment is concerned, the Muslims achieved civilization 1,000 years earlier.

Not strictly true. They interviewed one executioner in the '80's in the Saudi Gazette. He said that if it was a crime of passion, he understood and always sharpened the sword so that it took one swift blow to do the deed. If it was a drug dealer "poisoning our precious children", they weren't so lucky....

Yep, the voice of reason and voice of the only one that knows the "truth.". I don't need to live in a pile of shit to know that it stinks. In fact, those living in a pile of it become desensitized to it and start accepting it as okay.

Admittedly I know more about Saudi and it's people than you do, having actually experienced the culture in person instead of on the Discovery Channel.

What does the pile of shit you happen to live in have to do with this conversation?

They must be running low on stones,

or have an excess of bulletsblink.png

Certainly no shortage of bullets. Or guns, leg irons etc, right through to the most high tech state of the art killing devices known to man, this barbaric, fundamentalist, non democratic regime has the lot. And guess who supplies them? That's right, the 'Freedom' loving West.

I guess things would be much better if Saudis had bought them from the "nonfreedom" loving Russian, or the Chinese?

• Like 1

Certainly no shortage of bullets. Or guns, leg irons etc, right through to the most high tech state of the art killing devices known to man, this barbaric, fundamentalist, non democratic regime has the lot. And guess who supplies them? That's right, the 'Freedom' loving West.

I guess things would be much better if Saudis had bought them from the "nonfreedom" loving Russian, or the Chinese?

No of course things would not be better if the Saudis bought them from Russia or China, where did i say they would? But they are not are they? Saudi Arabia, despite their apologists on here, are a non democratic, Islamic fundamentalist regime, who are undoubtedly responsible for much of the funding, and probably supplying many of the participants, of terrorist atrocities against The US and UK. They also have a record of medieval barbarism at home. Yet the US and UK, the victims of this terrorism continue to supply them with the means to continue with this behaviour! All the while lecturing the rest of the world about 'Freedoms'. To a rational person this makes no sense. Your justification for supplying them with these weapons appears to be, if we don't, someone else will. Which of course is the justification used by the heroin dealer or child pornographer..

• Like 1

No of course things would not be better if the Saudis bought them from Russia or China, where did i say they would? But they are not are they? Saudi Arabia, despite their apologists on here, are a non democratic, Islamic fundamentalist regime, who are undoubtedly responsible for much of the funding, and probably supplying many of the participants, of terrorist atrocities against The US and UK. They also have a record of medieval barbarism at home. Yet the US and UK, the victims of this terrorism continue to supply them with the means to continue with this behaviour! All the while lecturing the rest of the world about 'Freedoms'. To a rational person this makes no sense. Your justification for supplying them with these weapons appears to be, if we don't, someone else will. Which of course is the justification used by the heroin dealer or child pornographer..

I don't understand why you have made most of your post. Isn't the thread about beheading? Shouldn't we be talking about who supplies them with swords? And guns, seems to me one only needs a single shot gun to do an execution didn't someone mention earlier that they only shoot them one bullet at a time and then wait 20 minutes. How many swords and guns do you need to execute people? A couple of swords and 2 or 3 rifles seems to me to be enough, so why all the talk about selling mega weapons?

Just came across the observation below, source: http://www.ibtimes.com/justice-sword-saudi-arabias-embrace-death-penalty-780819

"In Saudi Arabia, the heads of the executed are sewn back on by a doctor immediately after they have been severed by a swift stroke of a scimitar, if done properly. Afterward, the bodies are transported to be buried in unmarked graves"

Edited by simple1

Just came across the observation below, source: http://www.ibtimes.com/justice-sword-saudi-arabias-embrace-death-penalty-780819

"In Saudi Arabia, the heads of the executed are sewn back on by a doctor immediately after they have been severed by a swift stroke of a scimitar, if done properly. Afterward, the bodies are transported to be buried in unmarked graves"

Dr Frankenstein would have had a field day, a 'please cut here' dashed line to follow, before switching on the mains.