90 Day Reporting.

I sent my 90 day report to CW beginning of Jan, and haven't received a receipt yet. I have no idea how I'd go about reversing this and sending another report to another immigration centre like Lad Prao (since you need to send the original receipt they return to you, which is in my report that I sent to CW)... luckily, I kept the postage receipt, so I have proof I sent the bugger on time. Any ideas about what to do?

Edited by brossey1988

I sent my 90 day report to CW beginning of Jan, and haven't received a receipt yet. I have no idea how I'd go about reversing this and sending another report to another immigration centre like Lad Prao (since you need to send the original receipt they return to you, which is in my report that I sent to CW)... luckily, I kept the postage receipt, so I have proof I sent the bugger on time. Any ideas about what to do?

Have you checked tracking that it was delivered or perhaps at the Laksi post office awaiting delivery.

Track here: http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

At the moment all can I suggest is to wait.

Have a look at this ongoing topic for more info and updates: 90 day reporting by EMS mail to Chang Wattana - Office closed

• Like 1

Can you confirm that you don't need to do 90 day report in person.

Separately, if you sent a mailed in 90 day report to CW now, surely it would be processed in the end? You wouldn't have proof of delivery, but you would of posting, and one assumes the service might reopen again 90 days from now?

I suppose their backlog will be substantial, I'm surprised they haven't suspended the 90 day reporting just now.

As Joe is noting above, the info I got from Immigration at Lad Prao over the phone today is that neither Lad Prao nor Suksawad are accepted MAILED IN 90 day reports. That's what two different Immigration officers in English told me in two different phone calls.

Now, with the talk in the news today about ChaengWattana govt offices supposedly to be reopened today/tomorrow/or who knows, it's possible CW might be back in the mail-in business soon.... how soon.... hard to say as of today.

But my 90 day report is due a bit after mid-month. So rather than hassle with a trip to Lad Prao or Suksawat now, I'm going to wait a few days and see how the news re CW pans out. I think, under the current circumstances, if one were to end up mailing in their report to CW with a bit less than the requested 15 days in advance period, but still otherwise ontime, they shouldn't likely blow a gasket over that....

Hopefully, we'll hear some new direct from the Immigration Dept. in the next couple days.

You should go the topic I posted a link to. There is some new info there.

Yes, saw that, thanks, and have been posting there too. Will wait until the miraculous re-opening scheduled for 6 February.

I am right in thinking 90 day report does not have to be done in person?

The ChaengWattana Office for BKK Immigration has been accepting mail-in 90 day reports for some time. And presumably, they will resume doing so at whatever point they reopen for business.

As I mentioned above, the Immigration staff at the Lad Prao office told me today that they and Major Suksawat are NOT accepting mail-in 90-day reports -- only in person reporting.

Outside BKK, as I recall, it seems to be a mixed bag re mail-in 90 day reports. I believe there are other Immigration offices outside BKK that also do not accept mail-in reports under their regular policies.

Thanks. I have have been using mail in to CW for years, and I understand the current moratorium, pending the re-opening of CW.

What I meant was, getting a motocy to take my passport and TM.47 to Suksawad, because I seemed to remember 90 day reports did not have to be in person, and/or doing one on behalf of a friend. But you are saying the Imm have said that they do [have to be in person] at the moment.

Edited by samtam

Ahh....OK. Understand now. I believe you're correct....

At any Thai Immigration office, AFAIK, IN PERSON 90 day reporting supposedly can mean having someone else do it for you in person -- provided they bring along the necessary materials. It doesn't have to be you, yourself.

But you might want to be cautious about what intermediary you would go handing your passport over to....

Yes, I know a tame one, who runs errands for our management office at the condo, and is trusted.

It would be a good idea to write out a short note to immigration authorizing the person you send to do the report for you.

My wife has done most of my reports. When we asked about her doing them they said that she was the only one that could do them for me. But of course my case is different.