British Woman Jumps From 12th Floor Condo Balcony

george

Woman jumps from 12th floor condo balcony

Reason for plunge still unknown

PATTAYA: Forty-one-year-old English woman Linda Diana Burgoyne plunged to her death from a 12th floor condo in Jomtien last Saturday afternoon, but the reasons behind her death are still unclear, even to her husband.

Police were called to the View Talay Condominium in Jomtien shortly after midday on Saturday, February 7 following a report of the death of a foreign woman who fell from the condo’s Building B.

Officers arrived on the scene to find the shattered body lying on the concrete near a Mitsubishi pick-up truck. Her body was transferred to the police forensic institute for a post mortem examination.

Investigating police questioned Jon Christopher, 52, the woman’s husband, who told officers that he and his wife had been drinking and had arrived at the condo two hours prior. He said that as he was unpacking their suitcases, Linda opened the balcony door and climbed up on the railing. He said when he saw Linda on the railing he tried to stop her from jumping but was not quick enough.

Jon Christopher added that he was at a loss as to why his wife had committed suicide.

--Pattaya Mail 2004-02-13

What is it about Pattaya ? Whyare all these people jumping off things or trying to kill themselves in other ways ? Is this a new tourism promotion scheme by TAT !!??

"Pattaya- get laid, eat great food, meet nice people and kill yourself !" :o

Conspiracy theorist may think that there is another reason.....Brit crime bosses organising holidays for people who cant pay their dues. Investigations are probably not so good in Pattaya so little chance of being caught.

Strange, according to the hubby who said he was unpacking and she simply opens the sliding door and goes over the rail. I wonder if she knew what she was doing. Or maybe she saw something that the hubby did while they were gone, or she got some bad news or serious problem that she did not want him to know about. Too many questions on this kind of case. So lets wait and see what the investigations turn out and what news we get from that reports.

Daveyoti

Strange, according to the hubby who said he was unpacking and she simply opens the sliding door and goes over the rail. I wonder if she knew what she was doing. Or maybe she saw something that the hubby did while they were gone, or she got some bad news or serious problem that she did not want him to know about. Too many questions on this kind of case. So lets wait and see what the investigations turn out and what news we get from that reports.

Daveyoti

Maybe she opened the sliding (HaHa!) door and found this half naked chick out on the balcony that hubby had lined up for later on. So mia luang takes a swipe at her with her handbag and misses and sadly the weight of the darn thing is too much (like a bloody ball and chain to tell the truth) and the momentum just carries her right over the rail? The rest is history. :o

Hubby continues holiday unperturbed?

i lived in building a for 6 months,

But never higher then the third floor :o

who knows?

or the guy shoved her of himself. not so much investigation here as in the uk , he !

or she maybe saw how he looked at the bar girls :-)

In my opinion most of the so called suicides are some sinister revenge by some authorities or maffia.

i'll give you an idea to think about:

The persons doing this are know or trusted by the victims.

There is always no struggle and the door is opened every time by the victim.

never is there a cry for help or sounds of a struggle.

Let's say that you hear a knock on the door and you see a policeman standing outside. Do you open ?

of course, once he's inside he shoves a gun under your nose, ties a plastic bag around your head and waits till you die, or trows you of the balcony.

he (they) then return a hour or so later to investigate and conclude that this is a suicide.

There's a reason i moved from that place , and also why i'm critical of thai good intentions. Seen to many things in those 6 months.

on average 1 farang a week bites the dust in uncertain circumstances there.

B