Non O-A Visa Retirement Demands Thai Embassy Brussels

Not a mistake, it is normal to ask for a 15 month validity for a multiple visa.

But it is indeed not necesarry, as you can enter Thailand with a passport with much less validity. The current requirement is that your paspsort must be valid for the intended duration of your stay. So on entry the passport should be valid for at least 91 days. But immigraiton is Interior Ministry, Embassies fall under the Foreign Ministry.

yes and that can have 2 ways : they remember you for good ....or for bad one ...., me not seeing doing that as this forum give good alternatives so , when going in September to renuw / obtain visa I have Plan b,c,d already in mind ....all legal ,thanks to the mods from this forum

Great job anyway

PS ; on Holland consulate under NON O requirements BIGG mistake (I think ) "needed passport valid for....15 month of date application whistling.gif (?????)

I wonder why a medical and police report is necessary when applying in ones home country as opposed to neither being required in LOS itself.

I started with applying in my home country but I couldn't find a doctor to do an elephantiasis test. I guess it didn't matter if I had elephantiasis once I applied in thailand. Strange.

Any ideas why this is?

Probably to do with old requirements for an extension. In the past you needed a medical check also for extensions of stay, that has been abolished.

But immigraiton is Interior Ministry, Embassies fall under the Foreign Ministry, leading to sometimes discrepencies in the rules. I think they simply did not adjust to the new immigration rules.

MFA requirement is still clearly stated as 18 months validity for passport to obtain non immigrant visa issue - but it does sound like a logical change as this would allow use for the full period of visa (three months beyond the 1 year validity) with passport only needing to be valid for period of intended stay.

The validity of 18 months is required for one year visa application.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

Not a mistake, it is normal to ask for a 15 month validity for a multiple visa.

But it is indeed not necesarry, as you can enter Thailand with a passport with much less validity. The current requirement is that your paspsort must be valid for the intended duration of your stay. So on entry the passport should be valid for at least 91 days. But immigraiton is Interior Ministry, Embassies fall under the Foreign Ministry.

yes and that can have 2 ways : they remember you for good ....or for bad one ...., me not seeing doing that as this forum give good alternatives so , when going in September to renuw / obtain visa I have Plan b,c,d already in mind ....all legal ,thanks to the mods from this forum

Great job anyway

PS ; on Holland consulate under NON O requirements BIGG mistake (I think ) "needed passport valid for....15 month of date application whistling.gif (?????)

just wonder because all others state 18 months , included Antwerp cons. & Brussels emb.for NON O multi & Non O-A , once more different rules .......sick.gifwink.png

And the ultimate proof that you can not rely on the consulate's website:

When I went to the consulate in Antwerp last september, I could not find them - strange as I had been there in previous years.

And before going, I had checked their website.

Luck was with me however, there is a travel agency nearby, they told me the address had changed....

Double lucky in fact, since the new location was only a few blocks away.

the ultimate proof that you can not rely on the consulate's website:

When I went to the consulate in Antwerp last september, I could not find them - strange as I had been there in previous years.

Luck was with me however, there is a travel agency nearby, they told me the address had changed....

Sorry but that is not true , as I went there each time in 6 years , as they moved a few years ago there was a notice on door old address , and on website for once they changed in "adresgegevens "http://www.thaiconsulate.be/portal.php?p=adresgegevens&afdeling=nlAnd

Sorry but that is not true , as I went there each time in 6 years , as they moved a few years ago there was a notice on door old address , and on website for once they changed in "adresgegevens "http://www.thaiconsulate.be/portal.php?p=adresgegevens&afdeling=nlAnd
????

I am sure I got my previous non o each year at the old address! I believe Van Humbeekplein (not sure about streetname), office was upstairs.

Now different place, office downstairs.

????

I am sure I got my previous non o each year at the old address! I believe Van Humbeekplein (not sure about streetname), office was upstairs.

Now different place, office downstairs.

Last 2 visas who let me be until now 2 years in Thailand (so 2 years ago I received in the new officet ,not far away from the old place upstairs near the Car dealer already , BUT first time I went new place they gave visa upstairs because the place was under construction ....maybe mixing up with the ups , as now down visa is given (window counter now) , the old place you enter in the complete office before . But they are sure already more than 2 years moved a 200 meters

Not bad Consulate People but never consistent requirements

"I think Brussels even more hopelesss"

I must have gotten my previous visa just before they moved their location, it was issued on 9 november 2010.

PS. I did a visa run to Paknam today, long wait, and then noticed that the thai "facilitator" (or what do you call them?) had given me somebody else's passport - goes to show, always check everything immediately!

I must have gotten my previous visa just before they moved their location, it was issued on 9 november 2010.

PS. I did a visa run to Paknam today, long wait, and then noticed that the thai "facilitator" (or what do you call them?) had given me somebody else's passport - goes to show, always check everything immediately!

I got my ed visa (who gave 15 months total ) 30 DEC 2009 in the old place , and next new non o single in new place at 30 MAY 2011 so they are already long time moved (just checking my "visa library "

but I couldn't find a doctor to do an elephantiasis test. I guess it

didn't matter if I had elephantiasis once I applied in thailand.

Strange.

Any ideas why this is?

They're just worried that your wheelbarrow won't fit on the airplane from your homeland to Thailand.smile.png

based upon that info, many years ago,i also tought i had a ONE YEAR permission of stay..when i went to do my first 90 days report in that time, i got the surprise THAT I HAD TO LEAVE the country

as you can stay up to one year, but have to leave every 90 days

SHOCKER

and they still post this kind of info apparently ...

wife is off course thai and asked before we moved here many years ago and gave the same FALSE information

based upon that info, many years ago,i also tought i had a ONE YEAR permission of stay..when i went to do my first 90 days report in that time, i got the surprise THAT I HAD TO LEAVE the country

as you can stay up to one year, but have to leave every 90 days

SHOCKER

and they still post this kind of info apparently ...

wife is off course thai and asked before we moved here many years ago and gave the same FALSE information

That is ONLY if you have A non o 1 year multiple , your confusion is probably with the non o-A visa which is different and normally must only do 90 days raports at Immigration , no leaving Thailand