Non O-A Visa Retirement Demands Thai Embassy Brussels

Interesting why they need a CV from you to get a non "o" visa.

I am just planning far ahead , as normally I always use Non O multiple entry, but I think they just open the rules book and take all what is inside , I think they better put our mods there on Embassys as they are aware of the latest rules laugh.png

Even the seasoning 3 months on Belgium or THAI bank , incase THai bank using how you go to prouve having a recent letter from bank as in comparing with the request from Thai immigration on day self , travelling will take in total 2 days to 3 days , as on departure day almost not done, + 1 day flying , and arrival is evening , so next day = 3 days ???whistling.gif

Edited by david555

As you say and PDF says this is requirement for a long stay O-A visa - not the multi entry non immigrant O visa you were posting about before. This visa has always required financials be proven, as well as medical and police reports.

As for the 3 months bank statements there is no indication of any amount required so believe that is just to confirm you have had an account open for that period of time and the 800k bank letter of account balance requested later is not a one day occurrence in a new account to obtain the visa.

As you say and PDF says this is requirement for a long stay O-A visa - not the multi entry non immigrant O visa you were posting about before. This visa has always required financials be proven, as well as medical and police reports.

As for the 3 months bank statements there is no indication of any amount required so believe that is just to confirm you have had an account open for that period of time and the 800k bank letter of account balance requested later is not a one day occurrence in a new account to obtain the visa.

sorry to say , but for my latest non o multiple (current running one) I also had to bring bank letter proof income,

only before for a one single O there was no requiring for income ......(both by Hon. Consulate Antwerp not in Brussels Embassy )

And I think the 3 months statement are referring to having those 20 000 € also complete that 3 month's time , however not clear about that , and no mentioning about combo method

and CV needed ??? in my reply to them I make it clear I am not solicitation for work

I think I stick with my non o multi , or non o single & just follow Jomtien immigration way , as they are strict but clear & correct by my finding

It is only needed by sept. ending as I travel anyway yearly (15 months home for a total yearly medical checkup who is longtime as free as whe have decades" OBAMACARE" already and loving it biggrin.png )

Edited by david555

In september 2012 I applied in Antwerp for a 12 month non o based on marriage, and brought a copy of my thai marriage certificate.

I was told that this certificate does not prove I am STILL married....

In stead they wanted copies of my BELGIAN bank statements that showed an INCOME of at least 1.500 euro a month.

No problem - so no hassles - but what if one does not have that NET income?

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Go to the consulate in Antwerp.

But call them ahead, as they too change their rules frequently.

But they are helpfull.

I know , I have got all my visa there for the last 6 years , depending which lady on desk ...., but always got almost what I asked , sometimes in different form , asking for single tourist denied but received non o single = same 3 months biggrin.pngas an example .....

Edited by david555

rolleyes.gif A non immigrant O visa and an O-A retirement visa are two different things.

The O-A retirement visa is like the Rolls Royce of visas....it's a speciality item.

As for the requirements for visas ,,,, each consulate will have somewhere , usually in their website something like this:

The consulate may require other documents as proof from you to issue a visa at their convenience.

In the U.S. the two extra requirements to obtain an O-A visa are:

1. A medical certificate signed by a doctor. (usually requires a doctor's medical exam to get that signature)

2, A Police records check certified by your local Police.

These are NOT required for a normal O non immigrant visa.

THat non O immigrant visa can be extended in Thailand also ... just meet the requirement for retirement etension in Thailand and apply for the extension at your local immigration.

That's what I did 3 years ago and I'm still here in Thailand.

Apparently Belgium wants a CV also ... which is the first time I've heard that .... but it's in line with other consulate's "special requirements".

If you do get an O-A retirement visa, when you arrive in Thailand and actually retire you get basically 2 years ... one year on arrival, and a one year extension WITHOUT any hassle from immigration.

The extension on an O-A visa is basically automatic .... you've been "pre-cleared" you might say by getting that O-A visa.

That's why the O-A visa is like the "Rolls Royce" of retirement visas .... and it costs more too.

In september 2012 I applied in Antwerp for a 12 month non o based on marriage, and brought a copy of my thai marriage certificate.

In stead they wanted copies of my BELGIAN bank statements that showed an INCOME of at least 1.500 euro a month.

Yes the warned me last year by giving me my N on O multiple they would higher the needed income (combo or only pension ) from 1250 € to........ ?, so 1500 for now (no problem) they like to let you feel getting a favor ....wink.png

Before asking a non o ED 3 months , they could / would not give , but give me a 1 year ED visa multiple , really like a lottery , BUT FRIENDLY consulate biggrin.png

PS : Holland consulate website still request 1250€ income or bank or combo

rolleyes.gif A non immigrant O visa and an O-A retirement visa are two different things.

The O-A retirement visa is like the Rolls Royce of visas....it's a speciality item.

As for the requirements for visas ,,,, each consulate will have somewhere , usually in their website something like this:

The consulate may require other documents as proof from you to issue a visa at their convenience.

In the U.S. the two extra requirements to obtain an O-A visa are:

1. A medical certificate signed by a doctor. (usually requires a doctor's medical exam to get that signature)

2, A Police records check certified by your local Police.

These are NOT required for a normal O non immigrant visa.

THat non O immigrant visa can be extended in Thailand also ... just meet the requirement for retirement etension in Thailand and apply for the extension at your local immigration.

That's what I did 3 years ago and I'm still here in Thailand.

Apparently Belgium wants a CV also ... which is the first time I've heard that .... but it's in line with other consulate's "special requirements".

If you do get an O-A retirement visa, when you arrive in Thailand and actually retire you get basically 2 years ... one year on arrival, and a one year extension WITHOUT any hassle from immigration.

The extension on an O-A visa is basically automatic .... you've been "pre-cleared" you might say by getting that O-A visa.

That's why the O-A visa is like the "Rolls Royce" of retirement visas .... and it costs more too.

knowing by now all the OFFICIAL requirements , just pointing out the " at the officers consideration rule " who makes the sometimes surprises as example a CV .......it finally looks like a little chess game

BTW fee NON O -A = same as non o multiple 130€

if you do not have that net income, than come to Thailand on an ordinary Non Imm O 3 months validity and seek for extension of stay 1 year during the third month of that Non imm o... You need your income to be in NET down here, NOT brutto as home in Europe..

glegolo

if you do not have that net income, than come to Thailand on an ordinary Non Imm O 3 months validity and seek for extension of stay 1 year during the third month of that Non imm o... You need your income to be in NET down here, NOT brutto as home in Europe..

glegolo

NOT brutto as home in Europe..

Antwerp Consulate stated that the income must be /is in NETTO

The requirement is not net income but gross (brutto) income here or anywhere else.

NOT in Antwerp Consulate , they stated NETTO and so also must be stated on Pension letter ,

BTW ; I hope you are right about Thailand for that as for many people would the income become higher with a important %

The requirement is gross and always has been - most people would not even know there net until after tax was paid so could not indicate current pay as anything but gross.

Understand your point , but also the net income can be very different for same amount for different people !!

can only giving you the facts who are demanded , seems stated already by me and second person ......;

Consulates and embassy's seems to making their own requirements as mentioned before on the board ,

can give you the email address from Antwerp consulate so you can tell them biggrin.png

[email protected] <[email protected]>;

Embassy Brussels email :

[email protected]

PS ; they could / can also ask for your LATEST taxation letter to know and base themselves on that , also pensions are pre-taxed already

Edited by david555

Agree that Consulates often do things without full knowledge of what is required (most are doing this Consulate job as a stepping stone to higher diplomatic levels and it involves a different agency/paperwork/policy). Was not trying to say you were wrong and sorry that it came across that way. Just that in Thailand the requirement is gross pay and that should be what is being asked for long stay visas based on it being an immigration requirement.

The website of the consulate simply states that they want to see a pension statement. They do not mention an amount or that it should be gross or netto, with gross being the norm.

They do have a special announcement regarding visa stamps:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Burglars recently visited the Royal Thai Consulate in Antwerp.
Some official material was stolen.
The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and all immigration checkpoints in Thailand are briefed. The format and the signatures for the issuing of visa and official documents were changed. The holders of international passports must know that they will be prosecuted and will face the full consequences if their visa or any other official document for Thailand was obtained irregularly.

The website of the consulate simply states that they want to see a pension statement. They do not mention an amount or that it should be gross or netto, with gross being the norm.

They do have a special announcement regarding visa stamps:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Burglars recently visited the Royal Thai Consulate in Antwerp.

Some official material was stolen.

The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs and all immigration checkpoints in Thailand are briefed. The format and the signatures for the issuing of visa and official documents were changed. The holders of international passports must know that they will be prosecuted and will face the full consequences if their visa or any other official document for Thailand was obtained irregularly.

OLd news is already almost 2 years old that burglary thumbsup.gif

A such things happen they do effort to change website ..... other things not any effort ......so they are always right with on desk latest change of rules !!

But must admit they are friendly as stated before .... but always a lottery winning visaticket wink.png ,what you ask for not get , but get in different form (ed visa 3 months NO WAY .... but given a 1 year ED , Tourist single ....NOT possible but receiving a Non O single whistling.gif

Short noticed ; always inform before going there ( I always pass by first , before applying )

The embasy itself states for the O-A visa:

- A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

No mentioning of it being netto (or gross)

Agree that Consulates often do things without full knowledge of what is required (most are doing this Consulate job as a stepping stone to higher diplomatic levels and it involves a different agency/paperwork/policy). Was not trying to say you were wrong and sorry that it came across that way. Just that in Thailand the requirement is gross pay and that should be what is being asked for long stay visas based on it being an immigration requirement.

Not arguing your statements , just telling what they demand an d stick to it , even when you show them other rules .....

Long time ago I applied for an African country visa who keep for ages "in REVIEW" after complaining I just received the formal explaining '(and lecture whistling.gif ) that a visa is not a RIGHT but a favor ........!they like to l:et us feel whe are at their GOODWILL and that is really a fact sad.png

and that is why they can making up what EMB & Cons are doing

After all Th Immigr. is not so bad at all biggrin.png

Edited by david555

The embasy itself states for the O-A visa:

- A copy of bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

No mentioning of it being netto (or gross)

yes no mentioning until you go and the amount on statement seems to be in gross (probably) , I can only rapport of the personal encounter demands on application desk ......surprise surprise , if only websites would be kept accurate clap2.gif

glegolo

Lopburi3 - The requirement is not net income but gross (brutto) income here or anywhere else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lopburi3 fortunately made a correcttion which is correct almost in full....... Thank you, it was too early for me to post obviously..... NET in Sweden and BRUTTO in Thailand.

So you were ALMOST correct. I give you guys the link to the Thai embassy in Stockholm web-site there, and you can read under pension... that they are wanting proof of your income "after taxes" which is NET...... So there is a difference like I wrote earlier from abroad OR inside Thailand.

http://www.thaiembassy.se/en/visa/types-of-visa/63

Glegolo

rolleyes.gif Not to be picky about it, but you need to realize that in regards to what people call a "marriage" visa NO Thai consulate issues such a thing.

The Thai consulate will issue you a visa, often a non immigrant O visa, sometimes for one year (a one year multi entry visa or a 90 day single entry visa).

The visa from the consulate gets you into Thailand ...it is not a "marrige" visa.

Once you are in Thailand on that Non immigrant O visa, you apply for an EXTENSION of that visa to stay in Thailand based on your marriage.

The VISA and the EXTENSION of that visa based on marriage are two different things.

The consulate that issues the visa asks for certain requirements to be sure that when they give you the visa, you will have the financial requirements and the documents you will need in Thailand to extend your visa and will be able to get that extension from your local immigration once you apply in Thailand.

Bottom line: each Thai consulate can have it's own criteria they want you to meet to be sure you will be able to get that marriage visa/extension once you are in Thailand.

You DON'T get a "marriage visa" from a Thai consulate ... because a marriage visa does not really exist.

You get a Non immigrant O visa and you then extend that non O visa in Thailand based on marriage or retirement by meeting the requirements in Thailand.

It's two different things like Apples and Oranges.

Now the O-A visa is something else, and is for RETIREMENT only.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

glegolo

Lopburi3 - The requirement is not net income but gross (brutto) income here or anywhere else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lopburi3 fortunately made a correcttion which is correct almost in full....... Thank you, it was too early for me to post obviously..... NET in Sweden and BRUTTO in Thailand.

So you were ALMOST correct. I give you guys the link to the Thai embassy in Stockholm web-site there, and you can read under pension... that they are wanting proof of your income "after taxes" which is NET...... So there is a difference like I wrote earlier from abroad OR inside Thailand.

http://www.thaiembassy.se/en/visa/types-of-visa/63

Glegolo

THX So now whe are with 3 NET in camp ( in EUROPE )biggrin.png

Indeed it does and it is a mistake by the embassy to require netto. regulations are not always interpreted the same, some times to your benefit and sometimes to your disadvantage.

In such case I would contact the embassy and the Thai Foreign Ministry to point it out and hope for a change. The difference between Gross and Nett can be huge.

Indeed it does and it is a mistake by the embassy to require netto. regulations are not always interpreted the same, some times to your benefit and sometimes to your disadvantage.

In such case I would contact the embassy and the Thai Foreign Ministry to point it out and hope for a change. The difference between Gross and Nett can be huge.

yes and that can have 2 ways : they remember you for good ....or for bad one ...., me not seeing doing that as this forum give good alternatives so , when going in September to renuw / obtain visa I have Plan b,c,d already in mind ....all legal ,thanks to the mods from this forum

Great job anyway

PS ; on Holland consulate under NON O requirements BIGG mistake (I think ) "needed passport valid for....15 month of date application whistling.gif (?????)

I wonder why a medical and police report is necessary when applying in ones home country as opposed to neither being required in LOS itself.

I started with applying in my home country but I couldn't find a doctor to do an elephantiasis test. I guess it didn't matter if I had elephantiasis once I applied in thailand. Strange.

Any ideas why this is?