Getting Bbc Etc On The Internet..... Looked And Cannot Find A Topic....

pattayadingo

I have looked through a lot of topics and cannot fund the link(s) someone posted that allow you to be able to watch things like BBC news on the internet - where they are blocked because of your Thai IP address. Had one that sat in the toolbar and all i had to do was click on it to look at UK content.

Can some kind soul post a link or two, please?

I did have it running before a hard drive failure left me without it and I'd like to get it back again :)

Hola Unblocker for Chrome (works in SR Ware Iron too)

I am cutting out the rubbish for you here. There are a few versions, but the Chrome one is the only one at the moment that gives you iPlayer (my baby girl would NEVER forgive Daddy if there were no "Cloudbabies"!).

I'm sure the bit you've put in brackets actually means something but to a chap with a bit of jetlag and a morning head, it's sublime poetry....

Thank you for all your kind words. It was bought to my attention a couple of months ago by another thread (and, therefore, poster) on TV. I couldn't find the original thread, but just wanted to make you are all aware that I got the info from good 'ol TV!

SR Ware Iron is, basically, google Chrome without the "let's tell google EVERYTHING" bit.

Edited by draftvader
  • Like 1

I am cutting out the rubbish for you here. There are a few versions, but the Chrome one is the only one at the moment that gives you iPlayer (my baby girl would NEVER forgive Daddy if there were no "Cloudbabies"!).

That is it. Works with Firefox too. A very handy thing to have.

Mucho gracias, senor smile.png

Edited by pattayadingo

Thank you for all your kind words. It was bought to my attention a couple of months ago by another thread (and, therefore, poster) on TV. I couldn't find the original thread, but just wanted to make you are all aware that I got the info from good 'ol TV!

SR Ware Iron is, basically, google Chrome without the "let's tell google EVERYTHING" bit.

An extra "like" for using bit.ly! wink.png

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

An extra "like" for using bit.ly! wink.png

thumbsup.gif

Nerd! biggrin.png

The Firefox version doesn't do BBC iPlayer yet though.

The Firefox version doesn't do BBC iPlayer yet though.

It does, honest, Guv.

Maybe a latest update but I get it with the new Firefox 19.

But, as it says here.... It does not work with all Windows .... And I am still in the dark ages and using XP Pro.

Which operating systems does Hola work with?

Hola provides products for the following operating systems:

• Windows (7, XP, Vista):Hola Internet accelerator and unblocker

download for Windows

• Windows 8:Hola Unblocker extension for

Chromeand

Firefox. We will release a Windows 8 accelerator client in the near future. To

be notified when this is available,

Follow us on Twitteror

Like us on FB. We will post to let you know.

• Android (Versions 4.0 and above):Hola Internet accelerator and unblocker

app for Android(includes an initial version of the Hola Unblocker!)

• Android (Versions 2.3 to 4.0):Hola Internet accelerator and unblocker

app for Android- REQUIRES

ROOT PERMISSIONSWe do not support versions lower than 2.3

• Mac:Use the Hola Unblocker

Chrome extension. The Hola acceleration client does not work on Mac - planned for the

future. To be notified when Mac support is available,

Follow us on Twitteror

• iOS (iPhone, iPad):Not yet supported. We plan to have these supported

in a few months. To be notified when Hola for iOS is ready,

Follow us on Twitteror

post-146137-0-25011800-1363196082_thumb.

Edited by pattayadingo

For the OP..... www.uk-tv.asia

download the player and install, and use the free trial to watch bbc plus more ....no vpn or ip change req`d..

Now I have another option.

Thanks smile.png

The Hola one is completely free but it is always worth having another option.

Edited by pattayadingo

The big plus with UK-TV is that it works well on slow / intermittent connections which kill the other streaming solutions dead, so long as you can average about 1.5Mbs it will work without annoying buffering. I had it going on a 1Mbs hotel connection in Singapore.

• Like 1

...and as soon as I share it ermm.gif it disappears. Firstly it appeared on Firefox but wouldn't work. I manage to watch the Wales vs England game clap2.gif on Chrome and now it has disappeared. How is everybody else fairing?

---EDIT---

I have just updated my Firefox extension and have BBC back. Chrome is not working.

Edited by draftvader

Im quite lost on here , I would like to use my computer to watch UK Tv also but I dont know where to start , any advise as to what I need to do and what to buy would be appreciated. Thanks

It would depend on what tv you would like to be able to watch on your computer and if you use Firefox or Chrome as your browser for the internet.

There are other options available too, but if you tell people on here what you want / would like to be able to watch maybe we can all work something out for you.

Edited by pattayadingo

Im quite lost on here , I would like to use my computer to watch UK Tv also but I dont know where to start , any advise as to what I need to do and what to buy would be appreciated. Thanks

If you're not too worried about the quality then load the Hola extension to Chrome and browse to the BBC or ITV websites to watch.

If you want better quality (and on a poorer connection) have a look at UK-TV http://www.uk-tv.asia/ not free but pretty good value.

Or any proper XBMC setup will do all the UK TV and many other countries besides, like Australia / Canada / most EU countries / NZ / Scandinavia / USA etc .. XMBC from http://xbmc.org/ is free to dload and use and the plugins are also free so no monthly fees.

Or any proper XBMC setup will do all the UK TV and many other countries besides, like Australia / Canada / most EU countries / NZ / Scandinavia / USA etc .. XMBC from http://xbmc.org/ is free to dload and use and the plugins are also free so no monthly fees.

Hi Jon. Installed XBMC, seems to work quite well, is there a BBC/ITV/C4 plug-in that works without a VPN / Proxy and has an adjustable (or bigger) buffer? We suffer from a reasonably fast but rather intermittent connection which breaks all the direct streaming applications. Best is still UK-TV with its 15 minute buffer (not free).

• Like 1

...and as soon as I share it ermm.gif it disappears. Firstly it appeared on Firefox but wouldn't work. I manage to watch the Wales vs England game clap2.gif on Chrome and now it has disappeared. How is everybody else fairing?

---EDIT---

I have just updated my Firefox extension and have BBC back. Chrome is not working.

For me, latest version of Hola Extension for FF (1.0.217) works fine for BBC iPlayer now (same as you, did not before)

Also still works on Iron PAF (Using Hola v1.0.176), have not updated this yet, will do back up first and recheck..

Edit..Just updated Iron with Chrome Hola Extension v1.0.217. Still works on iPlayer (even though, for me, it does not appear in the drop down list in Iron or FF)

In fact was just streaming in HD without buffering (14/1.4 True docsis).

Edited by ThaidDown

Hi Jon. Installed XBMC, seems to work quite well, is there a BBC/ITV/C4 plug-in that works without a VPN / Proxy and has an adjustable (or bigger) buffer? We suffer from a reasonably fast but rather intermittent connection which breaks all the direct streaming applications. Best is still UK-TV with its 15 minute buffer (not free).

The newest Fredo XMBC 12.1 works very well here on both a 16mbs and 50mbs true internet lines and reliable enough to watch all night. The issue as you rightly say is installing / setting up the correct plugins and tweaks to use, as there are so many and for me the majority do not work continuously but there are a handful that do just work and work like the 'everyready battery'.

For me XBMC is the best solution as it is all free and compared to the cost of IPTV set top boxes it wins hands down.

So I did the exercise yesterday - went and brought a new PC (a very cheap and cheerful Acer Aspire XC100) with HDMI out - installed Ubuntu 12.10 on it (45 minutes to unpack set up and install 12.10 and upgrade 12.10) and then installed XMBC 12.1 and set up all the newer plugins I required (1 hour more or less) - so the conclusion for me was for under THB 9,000 I have a full media center with all the TV, radio. movies, weather etc that I require, NZ are 186/1 in their 1st inninngs against England on Sky Sport HD as I type this.

The newest Fredo XMBC 12.1 works very well here on both a 16mbs and 50mbs true internet lines and reliable enough to watch all night. The issue as you rightly say is installing / setting up the correct plugins and tweaks to use, as there are so many and for me the majority do not work continuously but there are a handful that do just work and work like the 'everyready battery'.

For me XBMC is the best solution as it is all free and compared to the cost of IPTV set top boxes it wins hands down.

So I did the exercise yesterday - went and brought a new PC (a very cheap and cheerful Acer Aspire XC100) with HDMI out - installed Ubuntu 12.10 on it (45 minutes to unpack set up and install 12.10 and upgrade 12.10) and then installed XMBC 12.1 and set up all the newer plugins I required (1 hour more or less) - so the conclusion for me was for under THB 9,000 I have a full media center with all the TV, radio. movies, weather etc that I require, NZ are 186/1 in their 1st inninngs against England on Sky Sport HD as I type this.

Please can you list the plugins you are using for this. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...