Thailand's First Case: Iphone5 Explodes While User Is Taking Call

webfact

Thailand's First Case: IPhone5 explodes while user is taking call
By Coconuts Bangkok

13631094803022-578x433.jpg
Photo: @MCOTDOTNET

BANGKOK: -- At 3pm yesterday, Suwicha Auesomsaksakul was almost injured when his iPhone5 exploded after he had been holding it to his ear for only 30 seconds.

During the phone call, Suwicha felt heat and saw burning smoke erupting from his 32GB, black device. He threw it immediately to the floor. He said that the phone then exploded four times like a firecracker, forming a sizable burn mark on its “Home” button.

Full story: http://www.coconutsbangkok.com/news/thailands-first-case-iphone5-explodes-while-user-is-taking-call/

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-03-13

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happened in the UK a few years ago I do believe. Same <deleted> brand making the same mistakes, not millions of units but why is it only CRapple??

Edited by jambco984

Wow - This certain brings out a few posters who show their extreme bias against apple.

Out of millions of iPhone units 1 has a fault... that's hardly evidence to damn a whole brand.

I don't care either way - but common guys, show some balance..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57568095-94/samsung-cell-phone-battery-explodes-in-mans-pocket/

http://ttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/06/samsung-battery_n_2628885.html

nothing against apple besides that its expensive stuff but who knows the real cause , talk with consumption extensive expose to moist , peepee in his pants before , keep it in extreme hot sun on the table, many causes can make any device fail

An IT colleague of mine said that such cases generally happen when the battery is oversollicited. For example, when calling while charging after having viewed HD files on YouTube...

This being said, I always believed Iwhatevers were junk and I am not about to change my mind.

this kind of stuff will only cause manufactures to move production out of China. It is already happening in America. More and more American companies are moving production back to America

What is the source for this claim? I have heard quite a few people make it, but as someone involved in manufacturing I have seen zero actual evidence for it. There have been a number of US companies that have shut down operations in China - but every case of this I know of falls into two categories - either they were moving things to some place that had lower costs than China or they were moving for tariff reasons to some place like Mexico that can sell directly into the US market.

There have been a few small SKD assembly operations set up in the US - and, again, this has been for tariff reasons.

Believe me, I would love to see a large scale return of manufacturing to the US - but I honestly can't see any sign of it

• Like 1

1 phone explodes = tv grumpy team happy to bash a brand

Best overall performance and lifetime in my hands have been my reliable IPhone 4 surviving my harsh treatment at work and play with dust ,sweat and tears being dropped multiple times on hard surfaces still with the same slim silicone cover that i put on when i boutght it

yes its Jailbroken since day 1 no apple restrictions for me

it's been

Perfect performance from my iPhone 4 since 2009

Outlasting any phone I've had before by years

a happy tv reader

Sad to be witness to the many negative people here on tv almost every thread gets the grumpy old mad treatment

Best service for me is Nokia. No proprietary software. All Apple products use proprietary software. Thanks but no thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even smart phones can handle so much craptalk.

Haha, your right. Some much sh*te, the expensive phone just couldn't take it!

Wonder, how many smartphones can handle the 'Thai usage'???

I guess the user must've exceeded the software limit for terms like " naraak" and "kidthueng". :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I don't have an ipod, iphone, ipad, or Apple Computer. I will never buy anything with an eaten apple on it. Overpriced Junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you ...

I am surprised when people brag about nor owning an apple device or an android. If you dont need them dont use it ... Why tell about it.